Why Do You Collect The New Stuff???

Lady Jaye

Okay it has been a while since I came here, but I've been wanting to ask this question to real GI JOE fans, why do you collect the new line??

I mean we are all older now, don't really play with them, at least I hope not. Why do you collect the new line, instead of focussing on the classic figures???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't collect the new stuff.. Well I do collect classic figure repaints..

but some people like them alot, so I can't help but wonder why myself.. Except for they are easier to come by.

Okay it has been a while since I came here, but I've been wanting to ask this question to real GI JOE fans, why do you collect the new line??

I mean we are all older now, don't really play with them, at least I hope not. Why do you collect the new line, instead of focussing on the classic figures???

You hope not? Sure, I play with mine. What's wrong with that?

I collect the new line because they are available and inexpensive. And they look good (for the most part, like I prefer RAH Rip Cord to JvC Airborne/Rip Cord/Halo Jumper, where as the new Slip Stream bets the hell out of the two RAH versions). My buying on Ebay, RAH figures average $12 for the ones I want, and the favorites (Viper, CG, B.A.T. version 1, CGI) RARELY go for less than $20.

I guess there's nothing wrong witha grown man or woman playing with toys!!!! @smilepunch@

But they just don't have the same feel and look of the original series. Oh well, I guess nothing will be able to bring back the feeling of being a kid agian in TRU with 20 bucks in your pocket drooling at the huge display of new GI JOE's!!!!! @grumpy@

So for those that play with them, where do you play with them??? How, do you actually play out battle scenes like when we were kids??? Do you use dialogue and sound effects??? Do you ever play outside in the front yard???? @smilepunch@

where do you play with them???

Storage room, where they are kept when not being played with.

How, do you actually play out battle scenes like when we were kids???

Pose them. Put them in vehicles and bases, etc.

Do you use dialogue and sound effects???

VROOOMM! PEW! PEW! ARRRG! "Cover me!" KABOOM! (In other words yes)

Do you ever play outside in the front yard????

No. I'm too concerned I'll lose something. That's how I lost my Colonel Courage, and possibly my Sludge Viper and Dino Hunters Ambush when I was little.

Might I ask a couple of final questions, how old are you?? Does your family, wife kids, play with you too??? Do you have friends that do the same??? Or would you never tall em??? Just wanting to know, that's all!!

Yea those comic book packs are looking better and better to me everyday!!!! I really love the new Zap coming out!!! The only thing is, if they gave the Joes new heads, why not the Cobras???? There heads are so out of proportioned !!!!!!

First I don't play I just display. Second I love the new series just as much as I did RAH, almost anyway. The detail is so much better on the new figs and as much as I hate pin heads the RAH guys have mellon heads. Neither is perfect scale wise, so I just sit back, relax and enjoy them. Whether it is the best Storm Shadow ever(VvV wave4) or the wicked cool Stalker comic pack figure. And another reason I collect VvV is like others have said I have every RAH figure I could ever want.

Draven

Might I ask a couple of final questions, how old are you?? Does your family, wife kids, play with you too??? Do you have friends that do the same??? Or would you never tall em??? Just wanting to know, that's all!!

Unneccesary punctuation!!!!! :ph34r: @smilepunch@

I'm just a kid. Lay off. @fight@

Yea those comic book packs are looking better and better to me everyday!!!! I really love the new Zap coming out!!! The only thing is, if they gave the Joes new heads, why not the Cobras???? There heads are so out of proportioned !!!!!!

It does require a certain leap of faith, but I'm leaving them MOC, I think they look great just as display pieces nect to my MOC RAH Collection.

Oh well, I guess nothing will be able to bring back the feeling of being a kid agian in TRU with 20 bucks in your pocket drooling at the huge display of new GI JOE's!!!!! @grumpy@

I dream about those times every now and then, when I have those dreams, I know I had a restful sleep!

First I don't play I just display. Second I love the new series just as much as I did RAH, almost anyway. The detail is so much better on the new figs and as much as I hate pin heads the RAH guys have mellon heads. Neither is perfect scale wise, so I just sit back, relax and enjoy them. Whether it is the best Storm Shadow ever(VvV wave4) or the wicked cool Stalker comic pack figure. And another reason I collect VvV is like others have said I have every RAH figure I could ever want.

Draven

You recompleted your RAH collection already?

Unneccesary punctuation!!!!! :ph34r: @smilepunch@

I'm just a kid. Lay off. @fight@

Sorry kiddo, then it's ok for you to play with em!!!!

Oh and don't mind my punctuation, it's my gimmick!!!! @smilepunch@ go over to rebelscum.com and see how I end all my replies with em!!!! @loll@

when jvc first came out, it was an easy way to recapture my youth, cheap, and fun. Both had their flaws as far as porpotions go, and i figured it would be easier to stick with the new ones. I do hate that vvv changed the scale again, ARRGHHH! but i still like some of em.

I play with em, in my room, i'm 20. My family hated my toy collecting sense i was 12, i quit from 14 till, whenever jvc came out and i just had to get back in. Yeah sound effects and battle scenes at all, i'm quite possibly crazy, but not for this reason! it's just plan fun, it's like a low budget video game (then again thinking about buying a video game would be soo much cheaper loL) that you have more control over. Did i get it all covered Lol?

when jvc first came out, it was an easy way to recapture my youth, cheap, and fun. Both had their flaws as far as porpotions go, and i figured it would be easier to stick with the new ones. I do hate that vvv changed the scale again, ARRGHHH! but i still like some of em.

I play with em, in my room, i'm 20. My family hated my toy collecting sense i was 12, i quit from 14 till, whenever jvc came out and i just had to get back in. Yeah sound effects and battle scenes at all, i'm quite possibly crazy, but not for this reason! it's just plan fun, it's like a low budget video game (then again thinking about buying a video game would be soo much cheaper loL) that you have more control over. Did i get it all covered Lol?

C'mon revSears, we're looked down upon here. Let's go back to playing while the "Gown Ups" do boring stuff like displaying and paying bills. @smilepunch@

It does require a certain leap of faith, but I'm leaving them MOC, I think they look great just as display pieces nect to my MOC RAH Collection.

I think that is the reason they have the rubberbanded weapons in the hands, too make them look better MOC.

The only thing I don't like about the new Zap is the crappy bazooka they put with him. That weapon was great with the H.E.A.T. Viper, being a unique weapon specifically suited to the character. But with the C.L.A.W.S. (and Zap), it doesn't quite work.

They still had Zap's original bazooka back in 97, which WOULD have worked. It was used for both Zap and Short Fuze in the Stars & Stripes set. Of course, it IS possible they lost that mold between then and now, but if not...

I play with em, in my room, i'm 20. My family hated my toy collecting sense i was 12, i  quit from 14 till, whenever jvc came out and i just had to get back in.  Yeah sound effects and battle scenes at all, i'm quite possibly crazy, but not for this reason! it's just plan fun, it's like a low budget video game (then again thinking about buying a video game would be soo much cheaper loL)  that you have more control over. Did i get it all covered Lol?

C'mon revSears, we're looked down upon here. Let's go back to playing while the "Gown Ups" do boring stuff like displaying and paying bills. @smilepunch@

lol, if only i could shove my bills off on someone else lol.