And The Next Takara Reissue Is......

Starscream49

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the addition of cassettes or not seems to be on everyone's mind-I know that it's on mine. I saw on the TFW2005 page that this Soundblaster reissue is at a cheaper price point than what Soundwave was released at(4050 versus 5229, respectively, which is roughly 36.90 versus 47.64). Just by that alone, I'd say that we won't see any new cassettes other than Laserbeak or Buzzsaw being included with Soundblaster....I really hope that I'm horribly wrong because I'd absolutely love to have more than just one cassetticon released with it. I needs me my cassetticons!

:) :) okay.....I was hoping for a different mold like Perceptor ehhee or Metroplex. I don't know, I may or maynot purchase him. If he's shipped with Buzzsaw, then I'll certainly pass. But if he's shipped either Frenzy or Rumble, then it's a hard decision for me.

Anyhow, since Soundblaster is #17, that mean Predaking is likely not in the DW bookline.

:) :) okay.....I was hoping for a different mold like Perceptor ehhee or Metroplex. I don't know, I may or maynot purchase him. If he's shipped with Buzzsaw, then I'll certainly pass. But if he's shipped either Frenzy or Rumble, then it's a hard decision for me.

Anyhow, since Soundblaster is #17, that mean Predaking is likely not in the DW bookline.

Yep, this confirms Predaking will not be in the bookstyle series as soundblaster is #17 :)

But we all knew predaking was his own seperate release anyways, so no big news there really....

I think its good they are re-issuing the REALLY hard to get figures. I mean it would be nice if they re-issue the other autobot cars, but its not like the are that hard to get. Soundblaster is really hard to come by, and now he won't be :D

Lets see Artfire next!!

Itd be nice if they released the Cassettes in a box set. Then a Hobby Link repaint of them all as Autobot cassettes for Blaster should a re-issue of him be possible. And of course re-do his cassettes to be Decepticons. Just for added variety.

More cassetes the merrier I say.

I called it! I f'n called!

Just wait. Hasbro's gonna release that one too

It's their "surprise"

Do you think? Remember the infamous "drop test" that is reportedly holding back as US release of Soundwave...

Maybe Hasbro's suprise will be to release something that hasn't been done by Takara yet.

We'll see how Hasbro's Ricochet does over here, but I bet it doesn't sell as well as Sideswipe or some of the other more popular characters. They should stay away from Japanese-only figures and concentrate on the ones that people remember having as a kid.

And it has already been stated (although I can't remember where) that Predaking will not be in the DW line.

That's true, but I wonder if they'll start a new line of boxed gestalt sets?

I hope Predaking isn't in some stupid Universe-like repaint scheme...

I can see them doing all the gestalts (as long as they have the molds). Think of the display. ...think of the $$$

I hope so... We know they can do Bruticus and the Seacons at least. I want me a new Devastator though... and Superion too. BUT NO MORE RECOLOURS!!!

Sweetness! I'm happy they are releasing him, but where the hell is Sunstreaker!!!!!!!!! Anyways, I'm not at all surprised by this, but am kinda surprised he would be released so soon. Thought they'd save him for farther down the road. Honestly after Predaking was announced I began to think that anything is possible and nothing comes as that big of a shock to me. I will get him of course and I have always loved SB's solor scheme. Way to go Takara!!!!!!!!! Next up Artfire and Sunstreaker!!!! #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1#

Woohoo! @bounce@

I dont care about tapes, but a Rumble or Frenzy would be nice. Soundblaster though, yey!

And Predaking, I reckon will just come in original style packaging (think God Ginrai reissue)

Itd be nice if they released the Cassettes in a box set. Then a Hobby Link repaint of them all as Autobot cassettes for Blaster should a re-issue of him be possible. And of course re-do his cassettes to be Decepticons. Just for added variety.

More cassetes the merrier I say.

I've been saying it since they have started...

One decepticon boxed set...

One autobot boxed set...

One more set with all the uber rare japanese only ones...

bam! 3 new reissuses right there!