What Do You Think Of This Crap?

DPrime

Ah, I don't really care what other people think of my hobby. In fact, I've mentioned it in several circles, both professional and personal, and it's never an issue. My wife has even made fun of me for it, in a good-natured way of course, in mixed company, and it's never a problem or frowned upon. Even my ultra-practical father-in-law, who sees no need for anything other than work, clothes, tools, and food (lol), mentions it and supports it in round-about ways. Heck, I'm actually kinda proud to be a Transformers/G.I. Joe/Star Wars toy collector. This is the way I see it: It's a fun, entertaining, and imaginative hobby, and it keeps me young and happy. And some days we all need that kind of escapism, especially these days.

So who cares about what "Mr. Franck" (or whatever his name is) says? Let him wallow in his negativity. If you can't say something nice...

I wonder though... If, in ten years or so, Power Ranger collecting hits the big time, will we say the same thing? Not necessarily that it's dorky, but it would seem kind of lame, wouldn't it?

That quote about the Gobots indicates that he is clearly not a child of the 80s. EVERY kid back then knew that TFs were superior to Gobots in every way!

Most TF fans seem to be fairly normal , somewhat popular guys that have relations with womankind!!!

What? WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING? WHO TOLD YOU THAT?! THATS NOT FUNNY!

You're definitely not included in that group buddy, don't sweat it.

You're right, I'm a transfan, not womankind. You're in that group right?

Besides, they haven't seen true geek toy collector until they've met a Buffy/Angel or Wrestling collector, out of all Toy collecting, TF's are one of the cooler toys to collect.

i collect WWE figs :P

just wait till they see Hot Wheels collectors... whoa, even Star Trek fandom!

it's true that in all types of collecting you will have your "geeks", however as most of you have stated, there are lots of people that collect TF's that are "normal" lol whatever the heck normal is.

anyways... any TF collector is cool in my book

and if you got a girl, then that just makes you even cooler haha

and you're even cooler if your girl actually LIKES TF's too

my g/f hates me collecting them lol

though she has gotten me a couple TF's for me