What Do You Think Of This Crap?

DPrime

Personally I rather be thought a geek by idiots who think that everyone should agree with what they like then some one that dabbles in illegal activities or be said idiot. What people choose to like or collect is none of this guy's business, if they don't like it or understand it fine just shut the heck up and don't belittle the people that do.

all I have to say is death to the movie lol that lil blurb is no different than anything else thats been writen about collecters before... just some smuck trying to get some attention

The typical 'Ye must only drink, do drugs and spend money on destroying ye body' attiude and 'All adults must be boring, full of regret, no fun and doing the exact same as every one else' ideal. How boring, what a boring life those people must lead.

Tony.

My thoughts exactly... I guess I just hate the thought of being labeled. I wouldn't consider myself a "geek" at all, and no one who knows me would either. Sure, I have a few "geeky" interests, but no one should be labeled as something because of one specific hobby or interest.

However, I would say that being overly obsessive about something, whether it be toys, Star Trek, drugs, sports, or whatever, isn't healthy at all.

I mean, what are we, in junior high?

while there are a few transformer geeks out there. Most people I know don't fall into that catagory.

And not everyone that buys transformers toys, buys them because they had them when they were little. People buy them for all sorts of different reasons.

- Nastalgic reasons, most people like to have things they had when they were little, it doesn't matter what it was. wether it be transformers, a toy car, a teddy bear, blanket etc...

- Some transformers are worth a LOT of money, they are very good for a small business or individual to pick a bunch up in a lot, and sell them to make a few bucks. Some times a LOT of bucks :D Even the broken ones that deserve to go in the garbage can bring in a couple dollars.

- some people admire the art of transformation in a toy. Take the Alternators for example. Real cars that look like models, which turn into robots. I dont know anyone who doesn't think that is kick ass. Even my friend Matt who absoluty depises transformers, thinks they are cool, and would even consider picking up sideswipe because its a dodge viper.

- Everyone needs a hobby. Transformer collecting is a very good hobby, You can spend a lot of money, or just a little bit and get a good collection going. And the best thing about transformers, is they hardly loose their value. You can buy a collection for 200 bucks. keep it for as long as ya want, play with the toys, etc, then sell them later down the road for the same price, or even more. Of course you can loose money on the toys if you start breaking them, loosing parts/boxes etc. but you can still get most of your money back.

- preservation (spelling?) If it weren't for collectors hoarding away all these toys. they would be lost for ever, which would be a real shame, transformers is a house hold name. The toys aren shows are a global popularity.

that guy will probably never read this, but those are a few reasons why adults buy them. Hell.. if it weren't for adults keeping the mind of a child inside them, these things wouldn't exist in the first place. Where do you think these toys and cartoons came from... From adults!! The guy mentions he had these toys when he was little, and goes on to complain about adults liking them. If it weren't for those adults 20 years ago liking these robots, working to design them and make cartoons for kids to watch, that guy wouldn't have had anything to remeber playing with.

If every kid grew out of toys and cartoons, then there would never be anymore toys are cartoons for younger generations to enjoy. Its very important for adults to like toys and cartoons.

That idiot doesnt know what he's talking about. Everything he mentioned is somewhat true so obviously he isnt to far off scale.

However, Ive met many TF fans and the majority of them are pretty cool. Not your geeky Trekkie/Comic type of guy.

I would say its a cult type but not in a bad way.

To be fair, it's just one guy. It's like the kind of guy who sits on movie forums and bashes everything that comes along in a particular genre he doesn't like.

If anyone lets this get to them, then... well, just don't!

TFs rock, but you shouldn't let them rule your life anyway!

My thoughts exactly... I guess I just hate the thought of being labeled. I wouldn't consider myself a "geek" at all, and no one who knows me would either. Sure, I have a few "geeky" interests, but no one should be labeled as something because of one specific hobby or interest.

However, I would say that being overly obsessive about something, whether it be toys, Star Trek, drugs, sports, or whatever, isn't healthy at all.

I mean, what are we, in junior high?

Dude you were labeled when you were first born now get over it @loll@ were all just numbers in the system by now @loll@

Dude you were labeled when you were first born now get over it were all just numbers in the system by now

Ha! Yeah, but you know what I mean... It's a fact of life, but that doesn't mean you have to like it!

This guy has no sense of fun whatsoever. Who died and made him god anyway. He must be collectaphobic. hes got a secret stash of strawberry shortcake dolls hidden under his bed too i bet. what a crock.

Most TF fans seem to be fairly normal , somewhat popular guys that *gasp* even party and have relations with womankind!!! Besides, they haven't seen true geek toy collector until they've met a Buffy/Angel or Wrestling collector, out of all Toy collecting, TF's are one of the cooler toys to collect.

The typical 'Ye must only drink, do drugs and spend money on destroying ye body' attiude and 'All adults must be boring, full of regret, no fun and doing the exact same as every one else' ideal. How boring, what a boring life those people must lead.

Tony.

Couldn't agree more. You hit the nail on the head.