Jungle Strike Review

Crimson Twins

Well, for those of you that don't know anything about me, I'm in the Army currently serving in Iraq. I have seen a million reviews of this vehicle, but none from those in the military. (If I missed one, sorry.) I heard all about how realistic the vehicle was way before I ever got my hands on one. Well, I have finally got my grubby paws on one (two actually). So here goes:

First, I have to say that this is about the last thing I ever expected to see come out of the V3 line. It is almost too realistic to fit in with this other stuff that has come out lately. It almost doesn't look Joe. That doesn't mean I don't like. It simply means it's hard to fit it in next to the likes of a Vamp (old style or the new abomination).

Second, the realism is absolutely insane. I've had plenty of time to check out every inch of a real Humvee, and this thing is 95% dead on. Every gauge, switch, and panel is taken straight from the actual interior of a military humvee. From the ignition switch, to the light switches, it is almost perfect. Everything is right where it should be. The only exception would be that the real humvee doesn't have a preset place to put the 50cal or the MK19. I was really impressed with the realism under the hood as well. Having done hours of maintenance on these things, I was able to point out several things on the toy that were the exact same as the real thing, to include the washer fluid resevoir. Nice touch. The rubber tires is what really did it for me, though. I thought that was a great touch. It really seals the deal for me. Another sealer is the bumber numbers on the front. They are very militaristic. Someone in Hasbro really did their research on this fantastic vehicle and it shows beautifully.

Lastly, Rollbar is a great figure for this vehicle. He would be dead on with the regular Army uniform if he wasn't wearing his belt on the outside of his BDUs (battle dress uniform). That is the only thing I see that keeps him from looking like one of the joes out here. His kevlar (or helmet for you civilian types) is perfect. I love the removable chin strap. It even has the slot on the front where the night vision goggles snap into place. His uniform is colored great. Another thing that worked for the vehicle he came with. I could care less about his filecard or who he should be, or his lame code name. He will simply be a greenshirt that drives for my important Joes. I think he fits this bill perfectly.

Overall this will be a great addition to my Joe verse. I love this vehicle, and may get some more if I see them. I would love to have a motorpool full of these. I'd like to thank Hasbro for making a very realistic, vastly usefull vehicle. The fact that a vehicle can hold four figures without someone standing on a peg is a big plus to me. Like I said, militarily, these things should be collectables due to their realism. It still stuns me that they are GI Joe toys. My final grade: A+

#US1#

Hey, no problem. This has got to be the most realistic vehicle they ever made.

As another military guy, I wholeheartedly agree - its fantastic, and dead on. I like it so much that I bought enough to fill a motor pool(18!). @firedevil@

Hey, no problem.  This has got to be the most realistic vehicle they ever made.

As another military guy, I wholeheartedly agree - its fantastic, and dead on. I like it so much that I bought enough to fill a motor pool(18!). @firedevil@

Jesus Garcia! I dont remember having that kind of dough when I was in the Army lol...but it doesnt surprise me: i had more then than I do now.

Crimson TWins: excellent review man. I will keep a sharp eye out for this, and will know that when I do get it it has a great stamp of approval...that is, when I get the money again lol