Christopher Reeve Rip

J-Gon

I saw this on the front page and I hope it isn't true. Mr. Reeve did make me believe a man could fly and opened up a whole new world to me introducing me to comics and Superheroes. He will be sorely missed. In tribute I'm changing my avatar for a while. RIP Mr. Reeve.

BEDFORD, N.Y., Oct. 11 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Christopher Reeve died suddenly at 5:30 p.m. yesterday of heart failure. He was 52 years old.

On Saturday October 9, Reeve fell into a coma after going into cardiac arrest while at home. Reeve was being treated for a pressure wound that he developed, a common complication for people living with paralysis. In the past week, the wound had become severely infected, resulting in a serious systemic infection. Reeve was admitted to Northern Westchester Hospital on Saturday evening and never regained consciousness. His family was at his side at the time of death.

Dana Reeve, Christopher's wife, issued this statement: "On behalf of my entire family, I want to thank Northern Westchester Hospital for the excellent care they provided to my husband. I also want to thank his personal staff of nurses and aides, as well as the millions of fans from around the world who have supported and loved my husband over the years."

"The family asks that you respect their privacy at this very difficult time, "said Wesley Combs, publicist for Mr. Reeve.

Reeve is survived by his mother Barbara Johnson and his father Franklin Reeve, his brother Benjamin Reeve, his wife Dana, their twelve year old son Will and his two children from a former relationship, Matthew (25) and Alexandra (21).

At this time, no plans for a funeral have been announced. Additional information will be released as soon as it is available. Please visit http://www.christopherreeve.org for the most up-to-date information.

For those who care to do so, the family has requested that donations be made in his honor to the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation -- http://www.christopherreeve.org Cards may be sent to the family in care of the Foundation at 500 Morris Avenue, Springfield, NJ 07081.

He will be missed...i actually had tears in my eyes as i read this...he made everone beleive that anything is possible...and i do beleive that in time he would have walked again! RIP Superman

I wonder how the cast of Smallville is reacting as well...wasnt he suposed to do another stent as Virgil Swann?

I still cannot beleive it!

I thought I was going to see him walk like he wanted to some day. Man, that's sad news, Christopher Reeve will be remembered as THE Superman, the rest of the Supermen are just Christopher look alikes.

R.I.P Man of steel.

JOhnny

This truly is unexpected. He was always the perfect Superman. I also beleive he would have walked again someday.

Next to Chris Farley, this is the 2nd actor to make me get misty-eyed upon hearing the news of their death.

RIP Christopher Reeves, Superman.

I also thought we'd all see him walk one day because of our medical research. I guess it is too little too late... :(

May you rest in peace Superman... .. . :(

@cry@ @cry@ @cry@

I can't stand to fly

I'm not that naive

I'm just out to find

The better part of me

I'm more than a bird

I'm more than a plane

More than some pretty face beside a train

It's not easy to be me

I wish that I could cry

Fall upon my knees

Find a way to lie

About a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd, but don't be naive

Even heroes have the right to bleed

I may be disturbed, but won't you concede

Even heroes have the right to dream

It's not easy to be me

Up, up and away...away from me

Well, it's all right...you can all sleep sound tonight

I'm not crazy...or anything

I can't stand to fly

I'm not that naive

Men weren't meant to ride

With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet

Digging for kryptonite on this one way street

Only a man in a funny red sheet

Looking for special things inside of me

Inside of me

I'm only a man

In a funny red sheet

I'm only a man

Looking for a dream

And it's not easy........

It's not easy to be me

R.I.P.

Christopher Reeve

1952-2004

He made us all believe that a man could fly. @supes@

Oh my..

What a shock. Poor guy. I also thought he'd walk again at some point in the future.

Good bye, christopher, you'll be sorely missed by all.