I Finally Found Wave 4!

PeanutButterJellyMan

I decided to check my local Wally world after work to check for wave 4. And to my surprise there they were! I grabbed them all and threw them in my cart. Woo hoo!!

Then I looked over and two kids who chouldn't be more than 12 were digging over through the rest of the joes. "cool" one of the boys said, "they got Snake-eyes!" I asked them if they liked GI Joes and they got all excited and started telling me about the Venom vs Valor movie. "yeah i'm looking for Kamakura! He was sweet!"

I helped them look through the mess. No Storm Shadows and Kamakura sets.....except the one I had. I covered up the joes I got so they wouldn't see my stuff and strolled out the toy-aisle. "see you guys" I said as I went to birthday card aisle.

Then my conscience bit me in the ass. I thought about how hard it was to find the Storm Shadow ninja cycle because of scaplers. And even though this was the pack I wanted most, chances are i'd find another. So I headed back to the toy aisle where the young brothers were still talking about Kamakura.

"you guys still looking for a Kamakura?" i asked. They nodded thier heads. "here ya go" thier faces lit up. "awesome" the younger brother said. And as I was leaving they yelled out "Thanks mister!"

lol! i'm only 22 nobody calls me "mister". but yeah it felt good to see young kids interested in joes and not looking for bey-blade and crap like that. I guess Snake eyes and the gang are cool again.

on a side note the new General Hawk rawks!!!

I'm glad you gave the SS/K set to the kids. It was the "nice" thing to do and think of how much those two kids are going to enjoy that set!

Hopefully you'll get some "Toy Karma" out of this the next time you go looking for figures.

yeah, if a kid wants the last pack, they always should get it first.

GLad to see kids into joe, that's awsome!

wish i could find wave 4

yeah... next week you'll see that same pack with the Kamakura and stormy swapped out with the AA ones...

uh oh... better not give them swappers any ideas...

all kidding aside, good job, glad you let the kids have it first, hopefull ythey open it up and play with them till they're all looses and wiggley like all my old toys :)

yeah... next week you'll see that same pack with the Kamakura and stormy swapped out with the AA ones...

all kidding aside, good job, glad you let the kids have it first, hopefull ythey open it up and play with them till they're all looses and wiggley like all my old toys :)

You know that might actually be the best way to get back at Hasbro for AA. @smilepunch@

Draven

I decided to check my local Wally world after work to check for wave 4. And to my surprise there they were! I grabbed them all and threw them in my cart. Woo hoo!!

Then I looked over and two kids who chouldn't be more than 12 were digging over through the rest of the joes. "cool" one of the boys said, "they got Snake-eyes!" I asked them if they liked GI Joes and they got all excited and started telling me about the Venom vs Valor movie. "yeah i'm looking for Kamakura! He was sweet!"

I helped them look through the mess. No Storm Shadows and Kamakura sets.....except the one I had. I covered up the joes I got so they wouldn't see my stuff and strolled out the toy-aisle. "see you guys" I said as I went to birthday card aisle.

Then my conscience bit me in the ass. I thought about how hard it was to find the Storm Shadow ninja cycle because of scaplers. And even though this was the pack I wanted most, chances are i'd find another. So I headed back to the toy aisle where the young brothers were still talking about Kamakura.

"you guys still looking for a Kamakura?" i asked. They nodded thier heads. "here ya go" thier faces lit up. "awesome" the younger brother said. And as I was leaving they yelled out "Thanks mister!"

lol! i'm only 22 nobody calls me "mister". but yeah it felt good to see young kids interested in joes and not looking for bey-blade and crap like that. I guess Snake eyes and the gang are cool again.

on a side note the new General Hawk rawks!!!

What a softy j/k

What you did was very touching and heart-warming.

However, I would never do anything like that. They may be kids. But, looks can be deceiving.

Oh and I remember the time all the G.I. Joe figures disappeared at my local Wal-Mart and ended up in the local comic shop at a ridiculously high prices!

Yeah good job!!!

That is my number rule when I go on toy runs. If a kids is looking in the section I want to look at I just move to the next section until they are done decicding what I want. I lost out on ML Deadpool doing that the other day, but hey its not like he isnt going to be everywhere in a month or so.

Hey that's really nice of you. I'm also glad to see kids getting into Joes. I have been noticing more acitvity around the Joe corner of TRU lately. I guess it's the movies are bringing the kids back. Without them I doubt the line would make it. I saw the local Blockbusters had several copies of VvV, which is a good sign in terms of getting the message to kids. Here's hoping.

Sweet story. I ran into a young Joe fan once too. I saw him looking through the figures at TRU. He already had 2 two-packs in his hand and was having trouble making a decision. I showed him another displayed that had the Mission Disc figures and showed him Cobra Commander. I told him he was the leader of Cobra. He looked at it, and held it. Then I left him to make his choice. I saw him again later at the register and he had the same two-packs and a few of the Mission Disc sets. I felt like I did some real good right there. :)

What a great story man. I did that one time with the Saga Vader w/removeable helmet a kid wanted that I had been carrying around. Feels good don't it?

I wish I wasn't so broke though; I'd REALLY like to have Wave 4...

You know that might actually be the best way to get back at Hasbro for AA. @smilepunch@

Draven

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ That's a great idea!

I think you did the right think PB&J man. I think its funny they called you 'mister'...sounds like something out of the 50s lol.

I wish you great toy Karma in the near future as well!

Thats awesome man, its touching :)

Why yes, it seemed like only yesterday when our precious NC, first posted on ye olde American Dream Comics. At sixteen, he was considered a youngster among Joe collectors. We had our doubts. But, after going through early exuberant posting stages as GI Beachead, the youngster soon blossomed into a devoted leader, and furthermore, poster of much adored photos of his recently aquired collection.... ah those were the days. You've come a long way, Brent. But remember, there's always room for one more bouncing Smiley. Always.

Thats awesome man, its touching :)

Why yes, it seemed like only yesterday when our precious NC, first posted on ye olde American Dream Comics. At sixteen, he was considered a youngster among Joe collectors. We had our doubts. But, after going through early exuberant posting stages as GI Beachead, the youngster soon blossomed into a devoted leader, and furthermore, poster of much adored photos of his recently aquired collection.... ah those were the days. You've come a long way, Brent. But remember, there's always room for one more bouncing Smiley. Always.

Thanks man :)

I dont think i have ever posted pics of my collection. I should some day #US1#

That was a very nice gesture, I too have ran into kids when I am at the local TRU as well as TARGET, this last time I went there wasa kid saying mom can I get this one? He was holding a nigh adder. I then let him finish looking at the stuff on the shelf then when he left I went over to look and found a tunnel rat w/ eel :) I too always make sure the kids get first picks at the toy aisel, after all I always pre order the waves so incase I do not find one I at least have one.