Unleashed Storm Shadow?

firefly21

The "Unleashed Storm Shadow" was a prototype done to gauge interest in a possible line of 6" statues with limited articulation. The actual prototype that was shown to the public was a modified Star Wars Mace Windu unleashed figure. I cant find a pic of it or I would post the link for you, sorry.

Just to clarifie a couple of things. Firt if you want some good pic of the Oktober Gaurd set you need go no further than here

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?catid=9&itemid=4125

Second for the Storm Shadow Unleashed, that actually was nothing more than a retooled Mace Windu Unleashed figure Hasbro used to give people an idea of what the line might look like if Hasbro went forward with a GIJoe Unleashed line. They had showed it off at the GIJoe Convention this past summer, which I guess TF mag was able to take a pic of. However I would expect if this like went into actual production the figure woul look sumwhat if not totaly different then the retooled Mace they had at the con.

Aw, that's kind of disappointing. When I heard Hasbro was thinking of a 6-inch Joe line I was kind of hoping it would be action figures with the same great Joe articulation (hence compatible with ML). I am sorry to hear it's just statues that they are thinking of.

Yeah the real thing would not be a retooled Mace from what I have heard. And I think its a pretty safe bet that we will get at least a Stormie and Snake Eyes and see what happens sales wise. I can't wait!

Draven

If I had to choose, I would choose articulation but still, the unleashed GiJOe would be welcomed. I don't collect the 3 3/4 (got only a few) but I would get all the 6inch highly articulated figures and most of the unleashed.

awesome pics! thanks for the october guard pics jay.

i hope the marvel legend style joes come soon!

I don't really see the appeal of these. I buy toys to play with, not to sit on a shelf and do nothing.

Well not everyone is like you.Alot of people,myself included,like to display them only.

I stoped collecting GI Joe a looooong time ago but if these were released I would buy them.Even though they are retooled SW:Unleashed and I own them already...lol

I don't really see the appeal of these. I buy toys to play with, not to sit on a shelf and do nothing.

Well not everyone is like you.Alot of people,myself included,like to display them only.

I stoped collecting GI Joe a looooong time ago but if these were released I would buy them.Even though they are retooled SW:Unleashed and I own them already...lol

I'm a display only guy as is a large part of the adult fab base. These things appeal to the average adult collector.

Draven

awesome pics! thanks for the october guard pics jay.

i hope the marvel legend style joes come soon!

Are they seriously makin those, or is it all just rumor?

There are no ML style Joes being planned.

Draven

If they were articulated, I would consider purchasing them, but if they are just statues like the Palisades busts, then I wouldn't bother with them. As it is, I'm having a hard enough time just trying to collect the 3.75" Joes and the Star Wars OTC.

NO unleashed either. According to Toyfare, Hasbro is considering a 6 inch line. The unleashed, are not 6 inches high.

I think they threw it out there as a teaser. If anything we will see something at the next con.

I would buy six inch statues like palisades.

Whatever happened to Palisades. Did they stop making GI Joe statues and busts?

I thought I read somwhere that their contract was coming up or something....

I would buy six inch statues like palisades. 

Whatever happened to Palisades.  Did they stop making GI Joe statues and busts?

I thought I read somwhere that their contract was coming up or something....

I heard that too and it looks like they are not renewing it.

Draven

NO unleashed either.  According to Toyfare, Hasbro is considering a 6 inch line.  The unleashed, are not 6 inches high.

I think they threw it out there as a teaser. If anything we will see something at the next con.

Toyfare is wrong, Hasbro is thinking about a Unleashed line or where anyway. I think they are coming personally.

Draven