What Does Your Tf User Name Stand For?

Starscream49

My name is Gary. And in England, if you're name is Gary, it gets shortened to Gaz. From TV observations, it seems that most Americans abreviate it to Gar' (pronounced like Gary, but stop before you get to the "y").

And the reason. I always aim to be myself on the internet, and what better way to do that than using your own name? I'm not afraid to show the odd picture of myself either :)

gaz_dead.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I created the title "The Casual Oblivion" a few years back. I was in the habit of giving all of my e-mails some strange titles, like "I just took 237 Advil, is that bad?" and right after Sept 11, "Stuff Fell Down"

"The Casual Oblivion" is just one of those titles, and one I really liked. I'm not really sure what it means, or what was going through my head when those three words appeared on the screen through my keyboard. I guess I'm still trying to figure that out. What I do know is that it is mine. I've never heard the phrase before or since outside of me using it.

I could go on, but none of what I would say would have any real meaning. Something tells me that is the point.

What's sad about it?I HATE the Devil and would never have any mention of it in my name,therefore I went with dark.

Uh... :unsure:

(lol) I tried to choose something kinda neutral, something that meant something to me yet wasn't tied to any particular toyline, comic series, movie, etc. And back a few years ago I was inspired to play around with combining some of my favorite comic characters by the whole "Almagam" line of comics where DC and Marvel characters were "smushed" together to make new, alternate universe characters. Well, I'm sure you can figure out where "Devil Bat" comes from; Batman combined with Daredevil. Original huh. (lol) I just thought those two characters were a natural choice for an "Almagam" character, but no one else seemed to agree. (lol) It's not so mysterious when you know how I got the name. But IMO it's a nice, neutral comic book character's name; just so no one thinks I drink goat's blood and sacrifice small animals in the name of Beelzebub. (lol)

just so no one thinks I drink goat's blood and sacrifice small animals in the name of Beelzebub.

WE HAIL YOU OUR DARK LORD

SARCOPHILUS SATANICUS.....

@smilepunch@ Sorry....Wild Boys sketch....couldn't resist it.

Hmm, wow I never put a whole lotta thought into it. Well I am a Star Wars whore who love the movies, and I always liked one of Luke Skywalker's original names, "The Adventures of Deke Starkiller and the Journal of the Whills". So I stuck with it, even though my name on other forums is more personal.

I didn't wana be some lame something

But I thought you DIDNT wanna be lame @smilepunch@

@loll@ Sorry man Couldn't help throw in a shot at ya @firedevil@ :) I give you credit though because the numbers at the end of you're name actaully mean something ;)

Hmm, wow I never put a whole lotta thought into it. Well I am a Star Wars whore who love the movies, and I always liked one of Luke Skywalker's original names, "The Adventures of Deke Starkiller and the Journal of the Whills". So I stuck with it, even though my name on other forums is more personal.

What the?! Thats lukes original name? HUH?! :wacko:

gaz_deadcopy.jpg

Man I'm enjoying this thread! It should be moved to the GD forum so we can hear others name storys as well! @fett@

Well, when I was experimenting with names during the 90's and wanted somethin original, yet something w/o some number after it. When I was on the Bigbot forum, I used the Super megatron name since I believed that not a lot of ppl knew that version of megatron (I would usually use japanese Tf names since they seem unique and wanted to explain about the japanese version of Tf if they asked about the name.) Eventually, I used the sn name "Doom Saber"("saber" was spelled Sabre) since I wanted to make a name that would fit in the TF universe. I later did alterations to it and went back to Super Megatron. Now, I reverted back to the Doom Saber.

Luke had many names before Lucas decided on Luke Skywalker.

PM me the info please :) BTW I just noticed you're sig with the things humping @loll@ Tell me it hasn't allways been like that @loll@

first off, Great pic DEKE STARKILLER! @loll@

My user name is an adaption from my last name Plazek. A couple years ago I started in to creating Trance music on my comp and needed a name. In high school my nic name was plastic, but there are way to many DJ Plastic this and that. The 'EK' part of my last name is pronouced 'Ech' so I just added the 'T' to make it sound somewhat electronic. :D PlazTech

Obiprime= Obiwan Kenobi and Optimus Prime. Two great warriors which yield the ultimate power in their galaxy the Force and The Matrix. Both who were willing to die fighting Evil. Both who were reborn and now live forever.

Luke had many names before Lucas decided on Luke Skywalker.

PM me the info please :) BTW I just noticed you're sig with the things humping @loll@ Tell me it hasn't allways been like that @loll@

I too had seen his sig abunch of time and had just noticed that in this thread. And before you pointed it out. @loll@

Im a die hard fan of Farscape. And insted of F*** they say "Frel"....

Well, I misunderstood that YEARS ago... and chose Fril as my nick.... as I used to curse... alot....

stick "lord" infront of it (which I dont really use any more, since most ppl call me "Fril" on line) and wala!

first off, Great pic DEKE STARKILLER!

I bet Deke also reads somethingawful.com :) Atleast give them credit Deke, and don't cut off the bottom of the pic :)

As for my name:

Right before Megatron shoots Ironhide in TFTM he says to him: "such heroic nonsense"

I always thought that was one of the greatest lines in the movie.

Cheers,

HN.

first off, Great pic DEKE STARKILLER!

I bet Deke also reads somethingawful.com :) Atleast give them credit Deke, and don't cut off the bottom of the pic :)

As for my name:

Right before Megatron shoots Ironhide in TFTM he says to him: "such heroic nonsense"

I always thought that was one of the greatest lines in the movie.

Cheers,

HN.

I didn't have to promote somethingawful.com, I just photoshopped out the words. No big whoop, and like SS said, I never said I created the pic.

No offense,sorry.

Hey none taken man! (lol) I just thought it was funny you said that.

Buy y'know, I have worried about having such a screen name; I happen to be a Christian, and the name "Devil Bat" doesn't exactly scream Christianity; does it? (lol)

I didn't have to promote somethingawful.com, I just photoshopped out the words. No big whoop, and like SS said, I never said I created the pic.

I know you didn't claim it was yours, however i think you shouldn't edit the name out as it isn't your creation.

Anyways, i wasn't trying to offend you, so my apologies if i did.

Cheers,

HN.

Such Heroic Nonsense.....

It's cool.

Well, when I discovered this place, it was a few months after OTFCC '03...I'd gotten a VF-19 Valkrie knockoff for 10 bucks, and it was actually a great condition figure...and I thought it'd look awesome in Starscream's colors...a Starscream-style-veritech...mwa ha ha. Most just call me SSSV around here though.