Transformers You Refuse To Own

GaZ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda find it interesting the number of G1 stuff on people lists compared to Armada/Energon. Is anyone taking into account the state of technology from the 1970s to today? Most of the early TFs were from other toylines from the 70s. For as much complaints about the balljoints found in BW/RiD, I don't think it can't be said that technology has improved amazingly through today compared to the 80s.

I've always imagined what the 80s figures would be like, given those advancements, if they had been redone today.

I kinda find it interesting the number of G1 stuff on people lists compared to Armada/Energon. Is anyone taking into account the state of technology from the 1970s to today? Most of the early TFs were from other toylines from the 70s. For as much complaints about the balljoints found in BW/RiD, I don't think it can't be said that technology has improved amazingly through today compared to the 80s.

I've always imagined what the 80s figures would be like, given those advancements, if they had been redone today.

I thought the exact same thing.

I would still get Ironhide and/or Ratchet, because I've started displaying most of my G1 Tfs in their alt modes. There's just too many robots, ya know?

I thought the exact same thing.

I would still get Ironhide and/or Ratchet, because I've started displaying most of my G1 Tfs in their alt modes. There's just too many robots, ya know?

I find it easier to display them as bots, for lack of space.

Well, i guess Robotmasters is the line for you then!

Cheers,

HN.

Deluxe Insecticons. Bah.

Others: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide (I HATE their robot modes!!), Pretenders, Sparkobots (Is that what they were called?), Action Masters, and the second wave of Headmasters; the ones with the tinier and less articulated bodies than their predecessors. Double bah! Can't think of any others I loathe as much as these... (lol)

I think some people are missing the point of this. The point being, old Transformers which people seem to like, but you personally dislike. It's nothing to do with the craftmanship of the toys.

For instance. Hoist. Must be popular, since he got reissued (and pretty early on I might add), but he looks like arse. I wouldn't touch him with anyone's barge pole, even if he was the only TF I needed to complete a set.

There are some I have bought for the hell of it, Megatron reissue for a start. But that was because of how cool the package is, and he looks great in alt mode. I still hate him as a toy though.

Ooh, just remembered another for the list...... FORTRESS MAXIMUS!

Ok, I'm ready to start dodging rocks and tomatoes...

The G1 toys that I honestly don't like....the seekers.

::ducks and covers::

Honestly, I don't know what's with them....they just have never really appealed to me, especially their G2 versions. I could just never get into them, as both the seekers and the coneheads didn't work for me. I don't know whether it was the color scheme of the figures(which, might I add, works great for other figures, but just not them, in my opinion). Would I buy them now? Probably the Takara Collection Starscream, but that's about it.

I actually have bought the two top TFs on my offensive not buy list,

Hasbro reissues Thundercracker and Skywarp and their big stupid safety missles. I bought them when they hit $20, but I do still hate them.

I have a strong dislike for the RiD Car Brothers due to the hype for them, and me thinking they're just BWesque shell bots with spindly arms and legs. But then again, I own the OTFCC exclusives Roulette, Shadow Striker and Sideswipe, and I own Universe Ratchet and Inferno, though I will admit I didn't pay for Ratchet and Inferno, as they were thrown into another auction for free(I bid what I wanted to pay for the other items in the lot, being Sunstorm, Landcross and some others). I do refuse to own the originals, kinda. I'd probably accept them as freebies or thrown into another auction. Or somebody selling them to me for a buck or two...

Other than that, there's nothing really I'd refuse to buy. I have no plans of buying any Beast Wars(or any version of a BW mold for that matter)other than TM2 Megatron and possibly X-9 Ravage. I'm basically done buying Armada as well, only needing an Overload. But somebody giving me a sick deal or winning them as throw ins...

I think some people are missing the point of this. The point being, old Transformers which people seem to like, but you personally dislike. It's nothing to do with the craftmanship of the toys.

Oh. Sorry. (lol) I can't really think of any older Transformers that are generally popular with everyone else but me. The only thing remotely related that I can think of is the fact that IMO the early Seekers really don't make that great of a toy in their robot modes, but I love them for sentimental reason more than anything. Nope, can't think of any popular ones I don't like.

i just buy reissues and alternators. everythign else is crap. i like the ones that look realistic.

i just buy reissues and alternators. everythign else is crap. i like the ones that look realistic.

I'm slowly beginning to feel this way too, man. I actually own a few Armada and Energon Transformers, but as funny/stupid as it may sound, I haven't totally made up my mind about the newer stuff. Sometimes I really like it, then other times I wish I'd just stick with the re-issues and Alternators; and actually these last two lines are my main focus anyway.

Unicron, MP Prime and Omega Supreme are really big. Anyway, I hate Tidal Wave. I dont know why, but there is something that prevents my from buying him again. I had him once, and I traded him. I was like blah with him. I mean, what is he? A spaceship, a carrier or what?

Unicron, MP Prime and Omega Supreme are really big. Anyway, I hate Tidal Wave. I dont know why, but there is something that prevents my from buying him again. I had him once, and I traded him. I was like blah with him. I mean, what is he? A spaceship, a carrier or what?

Tidal wave is a battleship that splits into three others...

And contrary to you, I'm a huge fan of the figure, though he lacks a lot of articulation compared to other armada/energon...he's like a semi-perfect mix of G1 blockyness and articulation...add in the kickarse Energon repaint...bam!

Agreed. Tidalwave is poo

Unicron, MP Prime and Omega Supreme are really big.  Anyway, I hate Tidal Wave.  I dont know why, but there is something that prevents my from buying him again.  I had him once, and I traded him.  I was like blah with him.  I mean, what is he? A spaceship, a carrier or what?

Agreed. Tidalwave is poo

I'll second that.

First off, I hate boat TF's. They are somewhat limited in thier capabilities. What good does it do to have a disguise that looks out of place when you use it. If they are fighting on land ( as they usually are ), a boat alt mode is useless. Just as well be a gundum. Unless they make it fly, but then it just as well have been a jet. Boat TF's are STUPID. It's why I don't have Mirage, Dreadwing, or Sharkticon.

Secondly, I know scale is completely unimportant in TF's. So I don't mind if the tape deck is as big as a semi truck. But when one robot forms 3 different vehicles, at least then they should be the same scale. These boats of TW are WAY off. Same problem that makes Broadside a lame toy. A jet as large as an aircraft carrier? Come on.....

Well, i guess Robotmasters is the line for you then!

Cheers,

HN.

Heh, two problems with that:

They aren't available in the U.S. (well, for a good price) and they aren't doing most of the G1 characters.

I think we ALL would love to have, say Wheeljack or Jazz or Grapple with the articulation of the BW or Energon toys.

Anyone notice how practically ALL the card art for TFs have them posed with their knees bent? Look at the packaging for reissues.

I'll second that.

First off, I hate boat TF's. They are somewhat limited in thier capabilities. What good does it do to have a disguise that looks out of place when you use it. If they are fighting on land ( as they usually are ), a boat alt mode is useless. Just as well be a gundum. Unless they make it fly, but then it just as well have been a jet. Boat TF's are STUPID. It's why I don't have Mirage, Dreadwing, or Sharkticon.

Secondly, I know scale is completely unimportant in TF's. So I don't mind if the tape deck is as big as a semi truck. But when one robot forms 3 different vehicles, at least then they should be the same scale. These boats of TW are WAY off. Same problem that makes Broadside a lame toy. A jet as large as an aircraft carrier? Come on.....

Yeah, I won't buy Broadside. He looks like a$$.

BUT, on the other hand, I think the only reason boat/ship TFs are dumb is because they have never been done right. I remember some of the coolest GI Joe toys were boats, but Transformers never were. There are some really cool speedboats and military small craft that would make kicka$$ TFs.

One of my favourite (and few) Gobots was this little submarine guy. I always thought that was a cool idea. Considering the Decepticons had their base in the middle of the ocean for a while I never understood why they didn't have one or two sub-guys.

I think a boat alt-mode is more useful than a giant microscope, or an audio cassette for that matter!!!