Kb Crimson Hiss Set

Draven79

Hey guys I may have got some bad news. I was sniffing around online and a located someone saying that KB's website would not be carrying the Crimson Sabotage set! That is was a store only set! I figured that was bs, but asked a guy todat at KB and he's a good guy and he confirmed it! Basicully the poster on another board said that since they are not owened by the same parent company anymore that KB's website wouldn't be getting them! This leads to a big problem since a lot of KB's have suit down! And that will raise the price in scalper ville. Well I asked the guy at KB and he confirmed what a certain guy was saying. They are not owend by teh same company anymore and this is the reason that KB stores never got the Crimson Cat! It was a online store exclusive shared with Sears and K mart since those onlines stores are owned by the same parent company.

All I have to say that if this is true there will be a lot of pissed of fans! I have 5 KB's near my place and my parents. So i'm not worried about it but its sucky for those who don't!

I hope this is not the case!

Draven

This is really bad news if this is true. Not only will we not find this set (If you're REALLY lucky), but we're going see scalping like you've never seen! Imagine one seller having ten of these sets and the only way to get it is thru ebay. @grumpy@

if this is true, it will indeed be very unfortunate. like draven, it's not a big problem for me since i have more than enough kb's here. but, i was still gonna order them off the site anyway, just for convenience and since they'd usually get them first. this will be tough for everyone without nearby kb's.

This is really bad news if this is true. Not only will we not find this set (If you're REALLY lucky), but we're going see scalping like you've never seen! Imagine one seller having ten of these sets and the only way to get it is thru ebay. @grumpy@

There was one on Ebay that sold for $80 folks! Ouch!

Draven

If it is true, we need to count on each other here to get it.

yeah, hopefully we all can help each other so forum members won't have to resort to scalpers.

I probably have like 12 kbs in the area... so I can help supply for the masses... but we're gonna need more help from others if this is true, to make sure the TRUE collectors get them! I got you backS... or well as many as I can find at least. :D

The best thing is clear out the stores before the scalpers come and sell them to the board members at cost. Therefore if there isn't a demand, then the scalpers won't try to hoard them all.

That is really a good idea... if other members in the board are willing to help.

I have one KB by me and another 30 min away, I will also do what I can. I just hope that they get them in. Sometimes my KB has a tendency of getting things late. What is the time frame when this is "supposed to be" out?

I don't know if anyone knows this, but the first place I heard this rumor was from a certain know it all in the Joe community.

So I'll take it with a grain of salt.

I don't normally believe a thing that comes out of his mouth. But what he's saying is true in the fact that they are not owned by the same company anymore. So unless both of them ordered the exclusive they won't get it. I got confirmation from a KB employe that its most likely gonna be that way. So its no rumor in that sense. However I did notice that the Star Wars 12 Chewie exclusive was up on the website. So who knows. That could be good or bad. Good that they have it or a bad sign that the Crimson set has not been put up like Chewie.

Draven

It will not be a problem gettin this from my kb since exclusive usually sets in the store for a long time and Joes don't sell well at the one I visit. So I can grab a few and help out. I have two kbs near me and I am positive that one of the stores will not shut unless the whole chain goes down since there is only one toy store in Alameda (the city I live in) and it is Kaybee.

Is there a listing by state somewhere of where KB is still open? I know the one in my town and in my parents' town closed, but I know there were others in malls in nearby cities. I'd like to find out if they are still open before just going on (another) mad quest.

If I find open KBs and am able to help out the board, I'll do what I can to stave off the scalpers.

i could swear someone some time ago had a list of all the kb's that shut or were shutting down. anyone remember?

I might be able to help some people out. I can't make any promises though. My father and brother both deliver to all the stores on the northeast coast (Virginia to Maine). I'll see if they can find some info. They have very good sources, my Dad's trucking company has been working for them about 20 years.