Gijoe Parody Psa's No More

wasn't a big fan of those anyway. :mellow:

I wasnt a fan of those either! i found them not very funny some where pretty ##$%$#ed....But.....if they just made them to be funny and aint makin any money from it Hasbro should butt the f*ck out! it wont be long im telling you..we'll be affraid to make fan sites and dio's in fear of hasbro's lawyers bringin down the law suits on us! this kinda thing turns my stomach! they better watch it! or there going to sour a whole lot of people on thier products! whats next?? little billy wont be able to tell his mom "i want some gijoes" without quoting a 6 minute disclaimer on hasbro's copyrights!! bunch of bastards i dont care what the law says they can do!

TM

Ah wait a minute I just noticed the word Parody on this thread's topic title!

As you all were before my first question.

Ok ........ Parody, Lampooning, Spoof and alike.

First off unless the owner of the site is:

A. charging an enterance fee for access to the site.

B. has been making a sale of banner space on his site.

C. has a dvd for sale.

Then honestly Hasbro really is standing a very weak legal leg.

Does anybody remember the Super Friends spoof for the "WAZZUUUUUUUP" thing?

I don't remember Hanna Barbara, WB, or DC Comics sending in a calvery of lawers after that guys site.

If someone has some more insight on that incident it would be nice to read about it here.

See the GI JOE PSA's spoof is technicaly no different.

I may not be into the whole spoof thing but I am more conserned with a company attempting to limit someone elses constitutional rights to free speech by using legal action.

Now if the guy is making money off of his GI JOE PSA's spoof.......well then the guy's on his own swimming with the sharks.

Ah wait a minute I just noticed the word Parody on this thread's topic title!

As you all were before my first question.

Ok ........ Parody, Lampooning, Spoof and alike.

First off unless the owner of the site is:

A. charging an enterance fee for access to the site.

B. has been making a sale of banner space on his site.

C. has a dvd for sale.

Then honestly Hasbro really is standing a very weak legal leg.

Does anybody remember the Super Friends spoof for the "WAZZUUUUUUUP" thing?

I don't remember Hanna Barbara, WB, or DC Comics sending in a calvery of lawers after that guys site.

If someone has some more insight on that incident it would be nice to read about it here.

See the GI JOE PSA's spoof is technicaly no different.

I may not be into the whole spoof thing but I am more conserned with a company attempting to limit someone elses constitutional rights to free speech by using legal action.

Now if the guy is making money off of his GI JOE PSA's spoof.......well then the guy's on his own swimming with the sharks.

Agreed. Parodies are completely legal, and besdes I think Hasbro has more important things to do other than harassing some parody site.

okay, i'm no expert on those legalities and all, but isn't using footage from the cartoon illegal either way. parody or not. you know, the whole "cannot be reproduced in any form without expressed written consent" thing. doesn't that apply to any recorded copyrighted material, film, tv, music, etc.? isn't it basically "unauthorized duplication"? same as pirating/bootlegging in my book. regardless if it's not for profit, parody or not. now if it was parodying gi joe, but with 100% original animation and not footage lifted directly from the cartoon, there's nothing wrong with it, right? but, that's not the case with those psa's.

okay, i'm no expert on those legalities and all, but isn't using footage from the cartoon illegal either way. parody or not. you know, the whole "cannot be reproduced in any form without expressed written consent" thing. doesn't that apply to any recorded copyrighted material, film, tv, music, etc.? isn't it basically "unauthorized duplication"? same as pirating/bootlegging in my book. regardless if it's not for profit, parody or not. now if it was parodying gi joe, but with 100% original animation and not footage lifted directly from the cartoon, there's nothing wrong with it, right? but, that's not the case with those psa's.

I think that's how it went, that they reproduced and distributed them. I only just heard about it on Celebrity Justice [some show that comes on after Conan O'Brien], and wasn't really paying that much attention to it but I think that was their cause of action.

At any rate, from what little I saw, it was stupid as hell anyway so the world isn't gonna miss much.

Wow.

I can't be the only person who found the humor in "Body massage machine" and "Porkchop sandwiches!", can I?

Tom

Of course not, Tom!! @haha@ @wink@

I discovered the Dusty one not too long ago and nearly peed my pants laughing. They're supposed to be incredibly low-brow, puerile humor, and yes, some of them are pushing the limit with their profanity, among other things. I'm guessing that's why Hasbro's making such an effort to go after these guys than other parodies that aren't so provocative. @razz@

I must've missed it? ^_^

I loved these. The one with Spirit rolling the kid around and chanting is hilarious. I, like Outsiders, am very glad I downloaded these a while ago. I think Hasbro is really going after the wrong people here. These are for amusement only, and bring no profit to the owners of the site. But, I guess it is illegal, so Hasbro has the right to be di...jerks about this.

GO HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @yipee@ WOOOOOOOOO

(do i get a free figure for rooting for you guys now?) :(

Well if they havent given you one yet for your enthusiasm with each and every single JvC era thing they put out, I wouldnt count on it.

Most of them were pretty bad. I kinda liked the one where Alpine murmurs at the kid at the fair then farts.