He Is The One To Bring Balance To The Force????

JayC

I think people put too much worth in what Leia said in ROTJ.

"Just images really...feelings; she was very beautiful, kind, but...sad."

I think that says it all. As the daughter on Anakin Skyawlker she would "have the Force" and therefore be able to see things that happened even if she was not there. Not memories . . . "feelings" . . "images".

He also finds out that this jedi trained Qui-Gon.

It NEVER said that in the movie....What part was that in? DOOKU trained Qui-Jon...Not Syfo-Dias...

D'oh. I don't own the DVD, so it's been about, what, three years since I've seen the film. If Dooku trained Qui-Gon, then that could still be a connection, albeit a different, more long-shot one as it pertains to my theory.

In AOTC Syfo-Dias was said to be a member of the Jedi Council who was killed 10 years ago. Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Mace all confirmed this on screen. There is no way that Sidious was a Sith Lord, senator AND a member of the Jedi Council.

He wouldn't have to be all three at once. He could have been a council member who turned to the Dark Side while off somewhere and was listed as MIA...I don't recall, but I don't believe they ever mention how he died. It's also possible that, as strange as it may seem, Palpatine and Sidious are two different people (perhaps clones of one another).

As far as death in Star Wars is concerned...Anakin Skywalker also died at Darth Vader's hands. It's the truth...from a certain point of view. Just because they consider him "dead" doesn't mean a thing and, if it does, then it was pretty pointless to even mention Syfo-Dias (which still sounds a lot like "Sidious" if you slur it a bit), as he's nothing more than a name to throw out there.

Who says? The fans? Folks the movie made it clear that Syfo-Dias was a member of the Jedi Council. There is no mystery. There is no debate.

Unless, again, you take into consideration the fact that his name is strikingly similar to "Sidious." Just because he was a member of the Jedi Council at one point doesn't mean he had to stay there, now does it? If you want to get technical, look at Tyrannus. He trained Qui-Gon...but did he do it while he was a Sith Lord? No. He converted. There's no reason why it could be completely different with Syfo-Dias.

For the sake of argument let's just say he was the Q-Tip headed dude in Episode I and get over it. Why do people insist he is some as of yet not seen Sith Lord?

First of all, for the sake of argument, let's NOT say he was the tiny-headed alien in Episode I unless we know he is for sure. Second, I'm not claiming that he's some unseen Sith Lord. I'm claiming that he's Sidious.

Watch AOTC they say who he was! The only mysetry is who was pretending to be him and for it to be anyone other than Sidious, Dooku or possibly even Maul would be silly.

Pretending to be Syfo-Dias would be a nice twist, but again, it holds little weight as no one really knows/cares who Syfo-Dias is at this point (that is, unless Syfo-Dias is someone we already have met but just don't know it yet). Then again, I could be completely wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

<<If Dooku trained Qui-Gon, then that could still be a connection, albeit a different, more long-shot one as it pertains to my theory.>>

They landed on Tattoine because their ship was damaged after passing through the Trade Federation blockade of Naboo and had no choice but to go there. I can't remember exactly but I think maybe Qui-Gon was not even the one who made the decesion to go there. If Dooku or Gui-Gon is the father of Anakin it just doesn't make any sense to the story.

1. Qui-Gon would of had to of made sure he was one of the ambassadors that Chancellor Vallorum sent to Naboo.

2. He would of had to of made sure that the Queen's ship was damaged to an extent that they were forced to go to Tattooine (specifically Watto's shop) to make repairs.

[Why did he have to go through all that crap with Watto to get the parts he needed?]

Why sit there asking Shimi who the father was if he knew? Why did Shimi lie?

And why not just bring Anakin before Sidious rather than wasting his time with the Jedi Council? I'm sorry but it just doesn't work.

<<First of all, for the sake of argument, let's NOT say he was the tiny-headed alien in Episode I unless we know he is for sure. Second, I'm not claiming that he's some unseen Sith Lord. I'm claiming that he's Sidious.>>

Yoda and Mace KNOW what Syfo-Dias looked like. How could they not recognize Palpatine as Syfo-Dias? That is the major flaw in your theory. Furthermore it would be pointless to throw in the twist that the Dark Lord of the Sith is not only Chancellor Palpatine but a former member of the Jedi Council they thought was dead. It would be different maybe if Syfo-Dias had died hundreds of years ago (but even then Yoda would remember him) but it was just 10 years. And last but not least (someone back me up here) I believe Syfo-Dias is actually shown in some comic book or novel and it's NOT Sidious just some Jedi.

In order to get the authorization to create a clone army for the Republic, one would have to be a member of the Jedi Counci (seemingly)l. Now we know Syfo-Dios is dead so it could not have been him. So who? Seems someone was pretending to be him just so they could have the authorization. Kind of like identity theft! Now if one has been following the prequels it is obvious that whoever it was that was pretending to be Syfo-Dios was actually a Sith. AOTC seemed to suggest it was Dooku. Obi-Wan asked Jango about Syfo-Dios and he said he had never heard of him and that he worked for a man name Tyrannus. of course at the end of the film it is learned that Tyranus is Dooku's Sith name. However it is possible that it was Sidious himself doing the impersonation or maybe even Darth maul before his death.

Alrighty Then.......

First off: Qui-Gon

In AOTC, we were told that Qui-Gon was taught by Dooku but not only that but also would have been a great supporter of his.

This lead us to the idea that Qui-Gon would still take orders from or at least been hanging out with Dooku from time to time.

What tells us that this maybe true is Qui-Gon's character in TPM.

From the very get go of TPM Qui-Gon was shown as a maverick, a Jedi wild card with very little patience. It was apparent that Qui-Gon was suppose to the "cool idealistic" Jedi. It was mentioned by yoda to OB1 that he was not too keen on Qui-Gon's aggresive ways. But our biggest clue about Qui-Gon's abrasiveness is explained when he tells OB1 why he was not apart of the council.

Now this does not show that Qui-Gon has a taste for the dark side.

What Qui-Gon would be suporting is dooku's at the time future seperatists movment. This was in the planning stages during TPM and before then.

The myth of the chosen one was fresh in Qui-Gon's head most likly due to his conversations with Dooku. Dooku who was able to minipulate Qui-Gon's idealism for the dark side and planted the seed that there was a a special child that would bring balance to the force and where to find him. It would only be a matter of time before Qui-Gon would be able to find the boy. It just turned out that what was supose to be a simple treaty issue turned into a mass attack and escape.

Now remember it was Qui-Gon who recomended that they land on Tatooine. Also Qui-Gon knew alot about the area....like he's been there before. Maybe he searched in vain for the boy before. This time he allowed the force to guide him.

Qui-Gon was so sure he found the right boy.....he was already on the fact that Anikin had special skills well before Anikin ever showed proof of these abilities. This also explains why the Qui-Gon discovery dialoge was soooo rushed; it was too soon and too easy. Guys, that was not an error in direction or in writing, it was a clue!

We can already assume that Anikins mother was raped by Sidious.

It is also possible Sidious had started the rumor about the special child. Remember all Sith were Jedi's before, it was greed and hunger for power that made these once Jedi go to the dark side. In a sence Sith are defected Jedi's of long ago.

Sidious was also a very old jedi old enough for most people not to remember what he looked like.

As a side theory Lucas has hinted in the past that the emporer was just a an old soul existing countinously in re-cloned bodies of his old self. (this would explain Sidious's knowledge of the cloners)

And while I'm on this side track, yes I believe that we will discover that Sidious was masking as Sypher Dious while working with the cloners. Sidious just took the dead Dious's identity and used it to get his cloning done. Sidious had Dooku remove the planets information from the Jedi Library. Yep that simple!

Ok back to the golden boy.

So if you think about it Sidious was actually brilliant in hiding his own son. Having a son ment having the most loyal and most powerful (blood wise) apprentice. Maul was just a shock troop. Dooku was a gopher boy. Vader would be the Prince.

The way that this boy would be brought out from underneath the Jedi noses was perfect. Even the council had a hard time with Anikin, they said he was too old.

Also note Yoda didn't really buy in to the whole special child myth. Watch TPM for yodas reaction on that.

So now we have a Sith in the making. Sidious had his son in hiding so that the Jedi would not be able to find him too young. If the Jedi had gotten Anikin at the proper age he would have been harder to convert to the dark side. So Sidious put Anikin where the republic has no present reach.....Tatooine.

Dooku (hired by sidious) used his friendship with his former padwan, Qui-Gon to help get the boy back by selling him the story of the special child that would bring ballance to the force, and the boy may exist on Tatooine.

A great plan but when you look at it this was all very simple.

Ballance to the force:

Again I believe this myth was started by Sidious. The Jedi way has no interests in egos and special jedis. This kind of attention is something that the Jedi would want to avoid. In TPM Yoda made it very clear about his disbelief, disapproval and disinterest in the whole myth. Yoda was the only council member who thought of Anikin as just a regular Jedi hopful and not a great on at that......too much fear.

So in looking at the Ballance of the Force it appears to be a Sith thing......and well from the sith perspective there was no ballance.

The sith have this master and apprentice thing going on. They would most likly like to see the same thing on the Jedi side. This is why OB1 and Yoda made it out alive.

So the ballance is OB1 and Yoda vs Sidious and Vader.

But from another perspective Anikins self fullfilling prophicy came true. Anikin was the only Sith strong enough to kill Sidious (but even that has limits if there was a new clone body waiting for Sidious's ghost).

In short the most intellegent and powerful Jedi was finally killed after some many long years.

Well thats it guys,

Skullfire

In AOTC, we were told that Qui-Gon was taught by Dooku but not only that but also would have been a great supporter of his.

I am under the impression that Dooku was lying to Obi-Wan then (about Qui-Gon joining Dooku). However I will grant you that it is possible he was telling the truth.

Now this does not show that Qui-Gon has a taste for the dark side.

What Qui-Gon would be suporting is dooku's at the time future seperatists movment. This was in the planning stages during TPM and before then.

I don't think Qui-Gon was in the the soon to be Sepratist movement. If he was then it still raises some of the questions I asked in my last post such as the chances that HE would be one of the "ambassadors" sent to Naboo.

Exactly how much are you suggesting he knows? Does he know Sidious/Plapatine is ultimately behind it all? Or do you think he thinks Dooku is the mastermind?

In AOTC Dooku tells Obi-Wan that the Viceroy of the Trade Federation came to him. I figure that Dooku (being one who had left the Jedi Order yers ago) had been dabbling in the Dark Side of the Force already to an extent and when Nute Gunray came to him to get even with Sidious/Palpatine, Dooku comfronted him but rather than take him down he joined forces with him. Most likely Dooku plans to overthrow Sidious once everything is said and done (as was suggested when he asked Obi-Wan to join him) so it'as more of a way to make himself more powerful than any loyalty he has to Sidious or the Sith.

The myth of the chosen one was fresh in Qui-Gon's head most likly due to his conversations with Dooku. Dooku who was able to minipulate Qui-Gon's idealism for the dark side and planted the seed that there was a a special child that would bring balance to the force and where to find him. It would only be a matter of time before Qui-Gon would be able to find the boy. It just turned out that what was supose to be a simple treaty issue turned into a mass attack and escape.

So you are saying that Shimi lied deliberetly? And again I feel there is too much of a coincidence here. OK, so Qui-Gon suggested they go to Tattooine but if I remember corretly it was not as if they had any choice.

Now remember it was Qui-Gon who recomended that they land on Tatooine. Also Qui-Gon knew alot about the area....like he's been there before. Maybe he searched in vain for the boy before. This time he allowed the force to guide him.

What evidence is there had he had been there before? He seemed ignorant that Republic credits were no good there and that the Jedi mind trick would not work on Watto's species.

Qui-Gon was so sure he found the right boy.....he was already on the fact that Anikin had special skills well before Anikin ever showed proof of these abilities. This also explains why the Qui-Gon discovery dialoge was soooo rushed; it was too soon and too easy. Guys, that was not an error in direction or in writing, it was a clue!

I think that Lucas didn't want to have to screw around with the idea of "so who was Anakin's father?" and so on and so on and just went with a mythological/religious theme with the virgin birth.

It is also possible Sidious had started the rumor about the special child. Remember all Sith were Jedi's before, it was greed and hunger for power that made these once Jedi go to the dark side. In a sence Sith are defected Jedi's of long ago.

Not all Sith were once Jedi. The original Sith were Dark Jedi and others since then were former Jedi but not all of them were. Was Darth Maul a Jedi? No one seemed to recognize who he was.

Sidious was also a very old jedi old enough for most people not to remember what he looked like.

I think Yoda would have been able to recognize him if he was a former Jedi, Dark Side or no Dark Side.

As a side theory Lucas has hinted in the past that the emporer was just a an old soul existing countinously in re-cloned bodies of his old self. (this would explain Sidious's knowledge of the cloners)

When did Lucas hint at this? From what I understand this is nothing more than a story from the Expanded Universe which was not Lucas' doing.

The flaw in this theory seems to be all the trouble involved in the "golden child". Why did Sidious keep Anakin on Tattoine? Why not take him away and train him as a Sith from the get go? Why even get the Jedi involved? If Sidious had some master plan on making Anakin the "Prince" of the galaxy then I don't think he would of left him on some forsaken desert planet where any Jedi can just come and snatch him up.

I think the real question is how powerful is Sidious? In TPM it is said that Anakin is the most powerful with the Force. Because of this I believe that the whole "choosen one" thing is indeed true. That is why he is so powerful!

And while  I'm on this side track, yes I believe that we will discover that Sidious was masking as Sypher Dious while working with the cloners. Sidious just took the dead Dious's identity and used it to get his cloning done. Sidious had Dooku remove the planets information from the Jedi Library. Yep that simple!

I'll agree with you there but I think it's still possible that Dooku was the one masking as Syfo-Dias but it doesn't matter either way.

I think that what we will see in ROTS is some sceen where Sidious or Dooku says, "It was I who ordered the clone army for the Republic." and that will be it.

I’ll deal with each point in order.

<I am under the impression that Dooku was lying to Obi-Wan then (about Qui-Gon joining Dooku). However I will grant you that it is possible he was telling the truth.>

Yes, Dooku was telling the truth. In fact Dooku was using the matter of perspective idea when talking to Obi Wan. Qui-Gon would join Dooku but of not to be on the dark side but to help out with the seperatists movement.

<I don't think Qui-Gon was in the the soon to be Sepratist movement.>

At the time the sepratist movment was just bar talk and ideas. Dooku most likely told Qui-Gon things about this movment ideas that Qui-Gon wanted to hear. Dooku wanted to see big changes (in the way the rebublic runs things I guess) and Qui-Gon being an idealist would agree. Qui-Gon did not trust politions and inspired Obi-Wan to feel the same way (Obi’s dialoge with Anakin).

<If he was then it still raises some of the questions I asked in my last post such as the chances that HE would be one of the "ambassadors" sent to Naboo.>

Being the ambassador to the senate was more likely an annoyance to Qui-Gon than a help. If he didn’t show up to Naboo something else would have happened. Eather way Qui-Gon was going to make a trip to Tatooine.

<Exactly how much are you suggesting he knows? Does he know Sidious/Plapatine is ultimately behind it all? Or do you think he thinks Dooku is the mastermind?>

Qui-Gon only knew about Dooku’s intrest in a sepretist movment. Qui-Gon would not be part of the dark side. Dooku minipulated Qui-Gon for Sidious. Qui-Gon didn’t even know about Sidious’s existance.

<In AOTC Dooku tells Obi-Wan that the Viceroy of the Trade Federation came to him. I figure that Dooku (being one who had left the Jedi Order yers ago) had been dabbling in the Dark Side of the Force already to an extent and when Nute Gunray came to him to get even with Sidious/Palpatine, Dooku comfronted him but rather than take him down he joined forces with him. Most likely Dooku plans to overthrow Sidious once everything is said and done (as was suggested when he asked Obi-Wan to join him) so it'as more of a way to make himself more powerful than any loyalty he has to Sidious or the Sith.>

Nah, Dooku earned a darth name…..Tyronus. Dooku is playing both sides as ordered by his master Sidious.

<So you are saying that Shimi lied deliberetly? And again I feel there is too much of a coincidence here. OK, so Qui-Gon suggested they go to Tattooine but if I remember corretly it was not as if they had any choice.>

Shimi didn’t lie. To her it was magical. Sidious just chose some single helpless woman, used the force to put her to sleep and then had his way with her. I should clearify; this was not a brutal rape that Shimi would remember. Think force version of the date-rape drug.

Landing on Tatooine was more of a matter of conveniance as much as it was coincidence.

<What evidence is there had he had been there before? He seemed ignorant that Republic credits were no good there and that the Jedi mind trick would not work on Watto's species.>

His dialoge with Padme. He had some good knowledge about the place being a place where those who didn’t want to be found would go. Also it just so happens they landed in the best part of the planet, the main town Moss Epa (I’m guessing on the spelling)

<Not all Sith were once Jedi. The original Sith were Dark Jedi and others since then were former Jedi but not all of them were. Was Darth Maul a Jedi? No one seemed to recognize who he was.>

I should clearify…. I was meaning the very first Sith. No Maul was not a Jedi.

<I think Yoda would have been able to recognize him if he was a former Jedi, Dark Side or no Dark Side.>

I’m thinking that Sidious is a lot older than Yoda. Sidious is also unsual. He’s not a lightsaber wielding Sith. Sidious has an usual and powerful connection with the force making very well adept at using the lighting force, forseeing the future and how that future would unfold (too bad he didn’t work on seeing his own death…being a little cocky there), and clouding the force connections with the Jedi council. Also Sidious’s powers aid him in being the most briliant tacticion ever and being an amazing political mind.

<When did Lucas hint at this? From what I understand this is nothing more than a story from the Expanded Universe which was not Lucas' doing.>

This was a long, long ago in the 80’s far, far way. In a short interview in the L.A. Times CA, he was asked about making any new episodes of Star Wars. Lucas stated that he was interested in making prequals to Star Wars with the early exploits of Han Solo and the Clone Wars. The problem with the clone wars bit was that the movie technology needed to do this did not exist yet. Cos of this he would not be able show the creation of the clones and of the Emporer. He was working on a new movie trick through ILM that would work with morphing. At this time Clones of any kind would have been made of some kind of liquid base as shown by the expanded universe comics. I think expanded unverse writers were influenced by this idea and went with it in their recreation of Sidious and the evil Luke.

Obviously now Lucas scraped the liquid clone thing but it is quite possible that he may reviel that Sidious has been recloned. But again this is speculation based on Lucas’s old ideas of the prequals. Notice Han Solo has not made it into the picture, and Clones body armor is not based on Mandalorian armor (another idea Lucas had that he scraped).

<The flaw in this theory seems to be all the trouble involved in the "golden child". Why did Sidious keep Anakin on Tattoine? Why not take him away and train him as a Sith from the get go? Why even get the Jedi involved? If Sidious had some master plan on making Anakin the "Prince" of the galaxy then I don't think he would of left him on some forsaken desert planet where any Jedi can just come and snatch him up.>

Sidious is very busy guy but he really needs to keep a low profile. Remember Sidious is being Palpatine and with everything he is trying to keep hidden his child would be the hardest to hide in the republic to train. Sidious first off is one of the very few Sith that are around. Dooku and Maul were the only others. So that tells us that the sith movment has a very sluggish start to begin with. Add to that Sidious wants to keep the power to all him self if not that at least in the family. If Sidious brought his son into the Sith’s small circle there would be great anomosity against the son as well as Sidious. The trouble here is to keep Anakin hidden from not only the Jedi but also from the Sith. This was for Anakins protection.

Putting Anankin (seed wise) on Tattooine was a smart move. No body wants to go there unless you’re on the run. It was too low class for any sith to visit, and was out of the Republics jurisdiction which ment out of Jedi’s reasonable reach. Tattooine was not even a place where the council would consider finding a new Jedi, it’s a slave planet. If Anakin was brought up in the republic, the Jedi would have had him at the RIGHT AGE. Pay attention to this, this is important. A very young padwan trained under the Jedi will most likely be loyal and not have any of these emotional attachements that create fear which leads to the dark side. Anakin on the other hand was not snatched up at this young age and had developed a strong attachment to his mom and cultivated his gifts on his own. Anakin being emotional and independent is an easy mark to sudused by the darkside.

Now how do we get Sidious’s kid out. We can’t use a sith, they would be too jelous. But an unsuspecting Jedi is a different story altogether.

But Dooku knows about the boy and told Qui-Gon where he would be. Aha but Sidious didn’t tell Dooku that this boy was his son….just that there was this myth and it might be on Tattooine.

So given that it is possible that Dooku was hoping to meet the boy with Qui-Gon and use the boy to kill Sidious. That would make sence. If so Sidious can minipulate Dooku’s greed to his advantage.

Sidious knows what everyone is thinking.

<I'll agree with you there but I think it's still possible that Dooku was the one masking as Syfo-Dias but it doesn't matter either way.>

Ah yeah Dooku shows up first as Dious to place an order and then later he sets up Jango there as Tyronus……ah ok….I think the cloners are going to know the difference.

No, Sidious placed the original order. But like you said it does not matter.

<< and Clones body armor is not based on Mandalorian armor (another idea Lucas had that he scraped).>>

Actually the visor on the helmets are similar to that of Jango Fett's.

<<Sidious is very busy guy but he really needs to keep a low profile. Remember Sidious is being Palpatine and with everything he is trying to keep hidden his child would be the hardest to hide in the republic to train. Sidious first off is one of the very few Sith that are around. Dooku and Maul were the only others. So that tells us that the sith movment has a very sluggish start to begin with. Add to that Sidious wants to keep the power to all him self if not that at least in the family. If Sidious brought his son into the Sith’s small circle there would be great anomosity against the son as well as Sidious. The trouble here is to keep Anakin hidden from not only the Jedi but also from the Sith. This was for Anakins protection.>>

I don't see why training Anakin as a Sith from the get go would had been some kind of a problem and yet he training Maul and Dooku was not. You also seem to be forgetting the rule of two. The Sith has ALWAYS been a small operation (since Darth Bane anyhow). I don't think Dooku was part of any of this until Maul was killed and Sidious needed a new apprentice. In short if Anakin is Sidious' son then Darth Maul would have never of even been in the picture. Also doesn't it kind of suck that Luke never knew the Emperor was his grandfather? I'm quite sure that none of this is going to happen. Sidious' big plot is playing both sides of a war he started. That will be the big revelation.

Sidious was playing both Maul and Dooku. Dooku has been on the Sith payrole for quite sometime and well before Maul. Maul may have been led to believe that he was his true apprentice but we, as well as Dooku and sidious knew better. Maul wasn't cut out for it any ways.

Maul probibly was not aware of Dooku cos Dooku was too busy being a renegade Jedi or former Jedi however you want to look at it.

And what was Dooku busy doing? Grooming Jango, setting up his sepretistes plans, and minpulating Qui-Gon.

Sidious just mearly bent the sith rules a bit in having trained and worked with Dooku. And remember Dooku was already a Jedi legend in his fighting techniques and was very respected. Hell he even got a bust made in his honor; look at the library scene in AOTC.

There was not a whole lot Sidious needed to do to set up Dooku.

Maul on the other hand was still intraining. That cool looking double lightsaber; ah ...just a training weapon that Maul wouldn't let go of. Again Sidious knew things before they happened so he expected Maul to fail.

Sidious also expects Dooku to fail to cos guess whos going to kill him, the golden boy.

Yes it does suck that Luke will never know his grandfather but who cares Sidious sucked anyways.

I don't want to disregard anyone's theories by any means; heck, it's all a big speculation game at this point. But concerning the whole debate about Palpatine possibly being Anakin's father, I just can't swallow that, for two reasons: 1. I think Lucas wanted to play-up the mystical side of the Force by writing in the prophecy for Episode I. Establishing Anakin as a "Christ-like" figure born of a virgin thereby parallelling religion, speciphically Christianity, is just something he plain-'ol wanted to do with the story. Lucas himself has admitted inserting his own political and perhaps religious views in small ways in his films, as does every film-maker I'm sure. To go back and reveal his conception as part of Sidious' plot from the beginning is just way too diabolical. I wouldn't give Palpatine THAT much credit. It would be insane for him to be involved to that extent I think. I personally feel like he just accidentally hit the jackpot so to speak with Anakin. Here comes this padawan/Jedi who is bitter and perhaps somewhat disenchanted with the Jedi order and his own master, who also happens to be one of the most gifted Jedi anyone has ever seen. Palpatine had to be frothing at the mouth to get his hands on Anakin as an apprentice! (lol) And to parallel both trilogies with an "I am your father!" theme would just be, well...cheesy IMO. (Like Gungans and Ewoks aren't though, huh.) (lol), and 2. I really don't think Lucas, with his family-friendly notions about movies and storytelling, would write rape into his plot, even though of course people are dismembered, cleaved in half and/or blasted left and right in the Star Wars films (lol), although Episode III will indeed be darker in tone and subject matter. I just don't think that's somewhere Lucas would go. But hey, you just never know, do you? But I do love all of this speculation. I'm reading it all with great interest...

Damn and I thought that Palpatine / Sidious being Anakins illigetimate father was old news!

When I first saw TPM and the scene where Palpatine told Anakin about watching his career closely it just made sense. Thats Anakins dad!

Now another thing we need to get cleared up:

There is NOTHING powerful about Anakin.....Angry yes....powerful; No, Nada, Zilch!

If Anakin was truly the chosen one then Yoda would not have been needed to chase out Dooku.

Com'on guys I think alot of people have bought into the prophacy thing like some of the weaker Jedi and QUI-GON did.

And guess what Anakin really gets his butt kicked to the point where he only exists with robotic parts and an on board life suport.

Face the reality:

Sidious is the most powerful Jedi ever. Sidious is very diobolical and enough to go through the trouble bringing out his son like he did.

Ok, another thing we should clear up:

The RAPE thing.

You're right, rape is too harsh for Lucas. But deception is not.

Sidious more or less seduced Shimi, got his romantic way with her and then being the powerful sith he is wipe her memory of their affair and of his existance.

That make sense and is what we will discover in the next episode.

Oh with someone like Palpatine there are no accidents.

"It has been FORSEEN'' -Emporer Palpatine

Damn and I thought that Palpatine / Sidious being Anakins illigetimate father was old news!

When I first saw TPM and the scene where Palpatine told Anakin about watching his career closely it just made sense. Thats Anakins dad!

Now another thing we need to get cleared up:

There is NOTHING powerful about Anakin.....Angry yes....powerful; No, Nada, Zilch!

If Anakin was truly the chosen one then Yoda would not have been needed to chase out Dooku.

Com'on guys I think alot of people have bought into the prophacy thing like some of the weaker Jedi and QUI-GON did.

And guess what Anakin really gets his butt kicked to the point where he only exists with robotic parts and an on board life suport.

Face the reality:

Sidious is the most powerful Jedi ever. Sidious is very diobolical and enough to go through the trouble bringing out his son like he did.

Ok, another thing we should clear up:

The RAPE thing.

You're right, rape is too harsh for Lucas. But deception is not.

Sidious more or less seduced Shimi, got his romantic way with her and then being the powerful sith he is wipe her memory of their affair and of his existance.

That make sense and is what we will discover in the next episode.

Oh with someone like Palpatine there are no accidents.

"It has been FORSEEN'' -Emporer Palpatine

I'll agree with ya man about Sidious being all-powerful; how bad-@$$ do you have to be to be able to cloud the minds of the entire flippin' Jedi Council?! BUT...I have a feeling we'll see just how powerful Anakin is in Episode III. Yeah, he seemed pretty talented in Epsiodes I and II, but he was nowhere NEAR the "chosen one" I'd thought we'd see by now. Let's face it; being an accomplished podracing pilot and handy with the Force just doesn't make for the all-powerful Anakin Skywalker Qui-Gon raved about. Potential? Maybe. Or just maybe since everyone's buying into the prophecy, they're making Anakin out to be something he's really not, even if he does fulfill the prophecy. Maybe he's just and angry, rebellious young man that Palpatine thinks he can harness into the dark agent Anakin actually becomes. It's like everyone's saying, "Yeah, you're the ONE Anakin, you're the ONE!!" And Palpatine's like, "I'll make you THINK you're the one so you'll eventually follow me blindly and do my bidding until I'm through with you!" OR...maybe he really did see Anakin's true potential and really did want to have him at his side when he conquered the universe. But that's still pretty thin since he was so ready for Luke to kill him off and replace him as his apprentice in ROTJ.

It'll just make much more sense to me if we see Anakin really kick butt and come alive so to speak in Episode III concerning his true prowess.

I don't necessarily believe it anymore, but, one of my early theories was that Anakin was 'implanted' in place of the 'explosive device' (meant to keep slaves from escaping?) mentioned in TPM ("...blow you up!") Was there a time frame given for that?

Anakin's got some power but is not totaly aware of it. Since he has Sidious's blood in him he's just a second generation of Sidious's blood line.

In actuality I've always thought that Sidious was the '' chosen one'' all along. Just the myth carried on for so long no one would think of it.

After all of the Sith were wiped out there was really no ballance in the force......it was only the light Side then Sidious comes along and single handedly brings the Sith back thus ballancing the ever-so-bright light side with the dark side.

But what Sidious changes in the new Sith program is that the Sith becomes a family run business not a collection of disgruntilled Jedis and Jedis that were just rejected to begian with.

All of those unhappy Siths end up becoming resentfull and eventually want to over throw their leader (like Dooku talked about).

Having his own son as his right hand man insures that he won't be challanged.

Anakin has even regarded Palpatine as being like a father he never had (AOTC). Yep another clue to the obvious.

Also I have not brought this up yet but in TPM ever noticed how fast Maul found Qui-Gon and Padme on Tatooine. I know he was supose to be a good hunter but that issue never got cleared up.

Hmmm.....I think it is another proof that Sidious knew about Anakin (his son) and figured it was about time for Qui-Gon to find the chosen one.......Sidious just mearly told Maul that he felt them there and sent Maul on his way.

Is Sidious that evil? Ah yes!!!!!!