C3 Dc Sets, Cheaply Made?

abraxsis

I've been wanting the DC Superman/Darkseid set, and I finally found it today at wal-mart. Got it home and now I've got it all repackaged up for return.

Is it just my set or are all the C3 sets made like this? Superman & Darkseids hair/helmets are really loose and keep falling off, Superman's hands keeps falling off, and the throne room chamber thing (the big orange thing) and the clear plastic stand keep falling off the set.

I'm not happy at all with my set so the next time I go to that particular wal-mart I'm getting my $$ back. Not a great experience for a first time minimates purachase. @grumpy@

I only have the mini-Batmobile and I have to say I was disgusted with the quality. Not only does the Batmobile look terrible and has a complete lack of detail, Robin's hair keeps falling off. I'll probably continue to by them for the ones I really want like the Batcave and the regular size Batmobile. However, I have Marvel Minimates, and I have C3, and I have to say that the C3 are inferior to MM's in every aspect except paint. The paint doesn't chip off of C3's as easily as Minimates.

My 2 cents: (Actually more like two dollars)

I have all the C3 sets, and many of the Marvel Minimates. I’ve also been a toy collector for a long time. I find that any toy that you assemble such as C3/ Legos etc is going to come apart easier than a toy that isn’t made to be assembled/disassembled.

Some of the C3 sets suck. The min-Batmobile set spring to mind (just for lack of features). Putting together the Batcave was frustrating. Others are better. The larger Batmobile is great. Nice details, however the one that I bought was missing a piece so I had to improvise. I love the batwing but with extended play some of the bottom pieces fall off. Again this set came missing a piece. No problems with either of the Justice League sets. And the Batcave aside from continually falling apart (see my Batcave post) is a nice set. So, it seems with the sets, the more pieces the greater the chance of it falling apart.

Sollution: super glue critical stress points. Should you have to superglue a modular toy just to keep it together? Well … I’m sure we’ll be debating that for a while but as I said gluing the pieces together is definitely a long-term solution, plus is seems like the future sets are all smaller, so hopefully this won’t be an issue.

As far as the figures go. I thinks it’s hit or miss. I’ve been lucky so far. I know some people who were getting their Marvel minimates with 2 right arms or masks that slip off. I think one again, that the modular nature of the figures are gonna make the toys prone to falling apart. The very thing that’s so cool about them is also the thing that many people complain about. If you really get irritated by hair not fitting right, super glue. I think the level of detail on the C3 minimates & all their accessories as opposed to that on their Marvel counterparts more than makes up for their other shortcomings. I also appreciate the round feet holes on the new minimates (makes them much easier to display).

lilolme I tend to dissagree. Just because something is meant to be taken apart dosent mean it should fall apart. If made properly it will last and stay strong. I'd hate to toot my own horn and I know NightCreeper would agree my product is meant to be taken apart and stays together nicely. See where minimates hands just slip into the arms my ###### have ball joints it keeps them from falling off. If they wanted to Im sure they could change the heads so the hair would snap on that would be the best way to do it. There is alot that can be fixed you need to voice your opinons over at the AA forums so they hear the problems you are having. And hopefully they fix them. I for one think the C3 line is a great idea and it has its kinks to be worked out but its a great mending of building and collecting.

Yeah, Minimates (both Marvel and DC) suffer from the occasional loose part. I'm guessing that there are several different molds for the parts and that some pieces are slightly larger or smaller than others.

The issues with the figures are minor at best and are easily fixed. I bought some poster tack for loose hairpieces and usually just put a coat of paint on loose hand or foot pegs to keep them in place.

The issue with the shoulders is a problem I have written to both AA and Play Along about and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

You can fill out an online form for replacement parts on playalongtoys.com and they will send you replacement parts for whatever is messed up, whether it is your bricks or your Minimates.

I've had no troubles with any of the blocks so far.

There have been some issues in the early going. The whole construction thing is totally new to AA, and I think they've done an admirable job and will only get better as they go.

Don't lose faith. I truly believe that Minimates are the best block figures on the market, and AA is working to fix the quality issues.

I'm really looking forward to getting the Batcave and large Batmobile. On a scale of 1-10 what is the quality of those two peices as compared to the Mini-Batmobile (also give it a ranking on a scale of 1-10).

lilolme I tend to dissagree. Just because something is meant to be taken apart dosent mean it should fall apart. If made properly it will last and stay strong. I'd hate to toot my own horn and I know NightCreeper would agree my product is meant to be taken apart and stays together nicely. See where minimates hands just slip into the arms my ###### have ball joints it keeps them from falling off. If they wanted to Im sure they could change the heads so the hair would snap on that would be the best way to do it. There is alot that can be fixed you need to voice your opinons over at the AA forums so they hear the problems you are having. And hopefully they fix them. I for one think the C3 line is a great idea and it has its kinks to be worked out but its a great mending of building and collecting.

I like how the way your figures can stay together, because then can SNAP off and SNAP on parts. Minimates are more of slide on and slide off :(

OK...returned my set. I'm really suprised at all the others having problems with their C3 sets. I was expecting to hear everyone say they had no probems, but it seems like most everyone who replied has had some problems with these sets.

I think now after this my chances of collecting any further C3 sets is little to none. Maybe if they had the figures without the lego's, but as is I just can't see myself buying anymore, especially if the problems persist with future figures.

That's too bad, abraxsis. You're going to be missing out on some great figures if you quit the line. Yeah, there are some problems here and there with the figures, but at least you can get replacements. No, you shouldn't have to do that in the first place, but I think the product is worth putting up with the occasional minor inconvenience.