The Batman Penguin Figure

JayC

So the Villians so far are The Joker, Man-Bat, Bane and the Penquin?

I've looked at this line a lot and I like the Basic Batman and the jokes doesn't bother me too much....I like the Batmobile, but I still haven't decided if Im gonna collect this line. If villians are anything like the other Batman line from Mattel, it won't be even be worth starting to collect it.

I don't like the Face on the Penquin, but other then that the figure is fine.

And who is the Yellow, Black and White guy? I don't reconize him, but I get the feeling it's someone I should .

Edit: nevermind...Firefly.

does fireflys jetpack light up or something and i bet bane has some sort of action where he can pick stuff up and throm it.

The slick more refined Penguin is the one we all know from the B:TAS relam...This is Pre Pre B:TAS....Everyone needs to try to realize that...its sorta like when Episode 1 came out for Star Wars...everyone was jazzed about it...then hated it (not i though)...i used this refrence because you cant go by what you knew from the old series...this is a pre telling of the story which is why things will be and have to be differnt...

I'm sorry but I'm really not feeling those figures at all, though I do suppose they are cartoon accurate and all but to me they just kinda look ugly. I know I wont be investing in this toy line at all. @grumpy@

He looks a little like that dude from Nightmare Before Christmas I think...I still love it though. I like them all. I wasn't sure about the Bane at first, but after checking him out a little closer I think I'm really going to dig him. Batman needs a sidekick though.

I'm sorry but I'm really not feeling those figures at all, though I do suppose they are cartoon accurate and all but  to me they just kinda look ugly.  I know I wont be investing in this toy line at all. @grumpy@

I'm with you. I don't like the designs of "the Batman" and I find no interest in the cartoon. Its just not Batman for me. But to each his own.

Everyone needs to try to realize that...its sorta like when Episode 1 came out for Star Wars...everyone was jazzed about it...then hated it (not i though)...i used this refrence because you cant go by what you knew from the old series...this is a pre telling of the story which is why things will be and have to be differnt...

No offense but I don't find that the Star Wars ep 1 analogy works for "the Batman" if you are talking story wise. Design and looks I can see it applying. But If what you say that all this "the Batman" stuff is a "pre telling" of sorts to "tie" in to the future Batman lines/story/animated stories than wouldn't all the characters look like younger version of themselves like Ep 1 did with Kenobi, Vadar etc... I can see that "the Joker" in his younger years decided he wanted dreads or maybe he grew them cause he had nothing better to do in the asylum but to have the "penguin" looking like a little troll evolving to become a more human looking character is ?

And correct me if I'm wrong but the B:TAS already showed their versions and reasons why most of these character looked like in their younger years to present and none of them looked like anything in this "the Batman". I can see your point you are trying to make with the SW: Ep 1 analogy but it doesn't work in this case. Ep: 1 was a pretelling of how certain characters would come to look and be in the future. "the Batman" does not show that. Yes it includes a younger "Bruce Wayne" (which we can contribute to thought of it being a "prequel") but the villains themselves have already evolved into their characters. And by the way the show and toys look, these characters will not evolve into the characters that we know today (either comic book wise or to the look of B:TAS).

IMO "the Batman" in all of its "originality" is more of a alternate version/Universe Batman. Kinda like X-Men Evolution. It has nothing to do or tie in with B:TAS or comic books other than share the same characters.

Agreed bro...i used the SW analagy to go with the i dont like it that everyone was saying...because alot of people were hyped for The Batman as they were for EP1, and when they premiered people trashed them both...thats the only reason for the analogy...but i know what your saying...i was told i was wrong for calling The Batman DC's version of X-men: Evoultion...so i decided to go about it a differnt way with SW

i was told i was wrong for calling The Batman DC's version of X-men: Evoultion...

What, somebody would tell you that? I think most of us here agrees this is DCs X-Men:Evolution.

"the Batman" is coming out at a time where WB wants to reintroduce the masses back to Batman to hype everybody up for Batman Begins. Just like what they did with the X-men. X-Men movie comes out and shortly after X-men Evolution. Why? To build hype for the franchise.

IMO if WB didn't have Batman Begins being released in the coming months or in production, "the Batman" cartoon will not even exist today. Its all about marketing.

i was told i was wrong for calling The Batman DC's version of X-men: Evoultion...

What, somebody would tell you that? I think most of us here agrees this is DCs X-Men:Evolution.

"the Batman" is coming out at a time where WB wants to reintroduce the masses back to Batman to hype everybody up for Batman Begins. Just like what they did with the X-men. X-Men movie comes out and shortly after X-men Evolution. Why? To build hype for the franchise.

IMO if WB didn't have Batman Begins being released in the coming months or in production, "the Batman" cartoon will not even exist today. Its all about marketing.

Couldnt agree with you more myfriend...its all about the dollar! but hey let them make thier money im entertained thats all that matters lol

Couldnt agree with you more myfriend...its all about the dollar! but hey let them make thier money im entertained thats all that matters lol

Amen.

Im diggin it!

wow i cant believe that they gave the penguin a closed umbrella. ill get him. i reather his mouth be close but i still like it. i wonder how far this line will go. i just decided to start collecting it today.