Vamp And Whirlwind Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLAM

Hey folks, I picked up the set today.. I only got one, I was thinking about getting more, but the VAMP is just too plain.. maybe if it still had the old roll bar I could just grab some extra doors from old VAMPS..

I guess I will get another when or if the big buy 2 get 1 free sale happens.

I will try to post pics of the set later.

The old doors would just make it look worse.

How did thew screw up the mold between 1998 (Rattler/Stinger) and 2001 ( Desert Striker)?

I don't know what you mean that it would look worse??

The color of the vehicle is fine. If it had the old doors, roof hatch, and some kinda rear weapon (any of the 3 versions would be fine), this VAMP would kick ass.

the VAMP without the hood: It still looks better without in my opinion, and you do still get a nice grill undernieth

vampnohood.jpg

the rear has a grill added to cover up the whole where a weapon should go:

vamprear.jpg

but you can remove it and add an old missle rack or gun if you want from an original:

vampnorear.jpg

this post has been dedicated to Pathfinder, a truely awesome figure. He was awesome in his original release, and his RAHC AWE Striker figure was great, but he had no gear.. Well, here we finally get the gear! It is all black now, the original had light grey.. but this is cool because he is more like a Nightforce figure.

vamppath.jpg

vamppath2.jpg

vamppath3.jpg

and remember Draven was saying how the Wetsuit figure had the same body as the Convention Dreadheads..

well, he does.. luckily for me, I love that outfit and color the best... and I never planned on using Dreadheads in my universe very much anyways..

vampdread.jpg

Excellent pics, CLAM!

That Torpedo figure is cool as heck! I like the camo and the overall colors. I'm good with the grey. I don't have the Con set, so this figure gets a "thumbs-up" from me so far.

It would've been nice had they released Pathfinder's weapons in original colors [then it wouldn't look as good for this version], but black is always cool with me. I can finally replace my original Pathfinder's weapon set [gonna let keep the silver blade on the weedwacker, though ;) ].

Whirlwind is the shining star here. Must have 2. ;)

The rollbar on the VAMP looks stupid. Kinda like how they have some of those vehicles for the 12" figures. Uggo! The cockpit looks way too roomy.

The lack of weapons is a disappointment, a huge disappointment. It would've been golden had they included the at least 1...... or 2 or all 3 of the available armaments for this vehicle mold; machine guns, Stinger missiles [VAMP2], rockets [Cobra Stinger]... or like this release, nothing. Optional weapons would've been the "gimmick" of this vehicle... not some stupid POS so you can have "missile really shoots!" garbage.

And finally, I even like Brawler's white and black shirt. It looks better than the TF2 version of him I have.

So all in all, this bad-boy is worth the purchase, 2 even.

Im liking this set. Good find Clamie-boy. The VAMP could use a little more detai, I agree, but they will serve fine as command jeeps.

8Speed, yes, those Whirlwinds are a must have. They would make great gunstations to defend the perimeter of the MCC. As soon as I can get some money, I am going after this, the Urban set, and the Anti-Venom set, plus Crimson Sabotage if it ever comes out.

So NYC should get these in about a month? I'll be looking forward to it, but.... dang it!..... I wish it was now.

They have them at the Times Sqaure TRU. At least NY tends to get our TRU exclusives in a timely fashion. They should probably be out around the city if Times Square has them.

How did thew screw up the mold between 1998 (Rattler/Stinger) and 2001 ( Desert Striker)?

The color of the vehicle is fine. If it had the old doors, roof hatch, and some kinda rear weapon (any of the 3 versions would be fine), this VAMP would kick ass.

Well, the rollbar is mounted what, an inch higher on this vehicle then on the previous Vamps? So, connecting the doors to the rollbar will leave about an inch of space below. The doors wouldn't sit flush into the body like on the old models.

So NYC should get these in about a month? I'll be looking forward to it, but.... dang it!..... I wish it was now.

They have them at the Times Sqaure TRU. At least NY tends to get our TRU exclusives in a timely fashion. They should probably be out around the city if Times Square has them.

Are you serious? When was the first time you saw them up there?

Goddamn, too bad it's too late for me to travel up there now or I'd go [4:49PM now]. Next week, this bad-boy mines.

8Speed, yes, those Whirlwinds are a must have. They would make great gunstations to defend the perimeter of the MCC.

That's exactly why I want these guys, gunstations. To defend the MCC though [i'm trying to make space for one of these too], I'm thinking at least 4, with a good number being 8. Shame it's not just the Whirlwind being sold here [thereby lowering the price too].

8Speed, yes, those Whirlwinds are a must have. They would make great gunstations to defend the perimeter of the MCC.

That's exactly why I want these guys, gunstations. To defend the MCC though [i'm trying to make space for one of these too], I'm thinking at least 4, with a good number being 8. Shame it's not just the Whirlwind being sold here [thereby lowering the price too].

Too bad the MCC doesn't have a tow hook. But then that WOULD look pretty weird, I think.

Well, the rollbar is mounted what, an inch higher on this vehicle then on the previous Vamps? So, connecting the doors to the rollbar will leave about an inch of space below. The doors wouldn't sit flush into the body like on the old models.

you no read the first post all the way @lol@

I said, "I wish it had the OLD Rollbar so I could grab some extra old doors"

if it had the old rollbars, we could use the old doors.. thats what I said.

The old doors probably wouldn't even fit on the new one.. its fatter I think

the set was 19.99

or did you mean the Con set?? that was like 220.

and if you wait to get the VAMP until the upcoming sale, it would really knock down the cost.. buy two get 3rd free!