How I Actually Found Hound

Thundercrunch

i agree with TCO 100%... if someone was dumb enough to leave a cart with $30+ worth of stuff in it in the parking lot, then it's their own dumb fault.

if someone called me and said that they got my number from walmart after running my plate number, then i'ld give it back, with no problem... if you found $35 wadded up in the parking lot, would you take it into customer service? i'm curious if you would.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with TCO 100%... if someone was dumb enough to leave a cart with $30+ worth of stuff in it in the parking lot, then it's their own dumb fault.

if someone called me and said that they got my number from walmart after running my plate number, then i'ld give it back, with no problem... if you found $35 wadded up in the parking lot, would you take it into customer service? i'm curious if you would.

I dont get this rational at all. It really says alot about people. I cant believe that if someone else buys something and leaves it somewhere you think you have the right to take it.

You didnt buy it why should you get it? IF ANYTHING leave it there. IT DOESNT BELONG TO YOU.

I dont get this rational at all. It really says alot about people. I cant believe that if someone else buys something and leaves it somewhere you think you have the right to take it.

You didnt buy it why should you get it? IF ANYTHING leave it there. IT DOESNT BELONG TO YOU.

I also believe that this is different than cds on the street and thought I mentioned that, but after checkin my post, I don't went explain myself as well as Ss49 did.

The differences between the two is that with cash or whatever, it is easy to misplace and isn't as large as a cart full of stuff. Also, if you didn't see the money or cd drop, there is no way to return unless it was in a more populated enviornment where one won't have trouble returnin somethin, like Walmart, for example.

My parents were kinda disappointed cause we werent ready but they loved her more than anything. Plus since both died before any other kids were born Im glad cause they got to meet a grandchild.

I am sorry to hear that.

Thanks buddy :)

You know what, I didn't quite get the reaction out of everyone here that I thought I would. So I am going to do the right thing and Take it back and return it to customer service. I apologize for this turning into a flame war on myself. I didn't come here to "brag" about "finding" or "stealing". So if a moderator could please just lock this thread before any more flamming happens. Thanks and to everyone who has a problem with me I can simply say...... Sorry.

You might as well keep the thing now. Its different if you noticed the cart outside then bring in the stuff right away to a customer service desk and say "hey someone left this out there". But if you've already had the thing for a couple of days now and you decide to turn it in, what are you gonna say to the Wal Mart associate??

Your gonna make yourself look like a criminal over a childs play thing.

The person who left that stuff probably called back to the store on that and said "hey I left some stuff in the cart in the parking lot in a cart on *whatever* day, if it is returned can I come back and pick it up?" Now your returning it days, weeks later.

Try explaining this to the Wal Mart people and see what reaction you're gonna get.

Not a good situation to be in.

I don't buy it because frankly I can't think of any reason that would cause someone to not take items of that size and put them in their car. I mean it wasn't like it was a cart full that would have taken considerable amounts of time to load into the car, it was three items, probably a case of pop and a bag.

I would have probably taken the items as well, but would have donated the toy to a charity. Unless the town is of small size chances are pretty poor that it would have mattered if it was returned. The store would have either not believed the I left it in my cart story or they would have allowed them to take what they left in the cart to replace it. Though I do believe that they wouldn't have given them the items even if they were returned unless they had a turely great story to explain it. I rather see the item bring someone joy, they returned so the place could sell it again and get a double profit from it.

I spent seven years at a grocery and know that we replaced stuff without to big of a fuss most of the time, even if you didn't have a reciept.

And of course I'm evil to, I was at the store yesterday and bought the TFU Fireflight, well it wasn't in the computers yet, I told the clerk that the item was 9.99, and she must not have been paying attention cause when I got home I checked and saw that I was only charged .99 cents for it.

TCO, theres a difference. If your walking down the street and a $100 bill blows by who do you return it to? At Walmart you know you can take it to the service desk so the owner can pick it up.

Finders keepers may work for 7 year olds but its not realistic in the adult world. Keeping something that doesnt belong to you isnt right no matter how hard you want to rationalize it. Keeping it is fine only after you have made some attempt at returning it.

Simpsons where bart fines the 1000 bill anyone?:) Thats what this post is reminding me about @loll@ They stick the flyer up at the top of the pole & people ram the pole down to read it @loll@

i think i agree that the right thing to do would be to turn it in... but i'm human and don't really kknow what i would do in the situation.

finding money and keeping it is no different than finding a toy and keeping it. it's the same exact thing.

if i left something, i would go and see if it was still there and check Customer service... but if it was gone, i would hate myself for being stupid enough to leave it rather than be mad at the person who took it.

if someone called me and said that they got my number from walmart after running my plate number, then i'ld give it back, with no problem...

I really don't get all the "running my plate number" stuff. Does anyone here really think that a Wal-Mart employee, let lone a police officer, are going to go to the trouble of actually running someone's license plate number over a pack of soda, a twenty dollar toy and a drain stopper?!

I have a hard time getting cops to come to my house when I'm shooting at my neighbors. And an even harder time trying to find a Wal-Mart employee that isn't thinking about their break. Seriously, I sat in the layaway section of Wal-Mart once and was asked by FIVE different employees if I had been helped. When I said no, they walked away muttering something about finding someone to help me. It wasn't until AFTER I went behind the layaway counter and started singing George Michael's "Faith" that someone came and got my TFs out of the back. @propeller@

i think i agree that the right thing to do would be to turn it in... but i'm human and don't really kknow what i would do in the situation.

finding money and keeping it is no different than finding a toy and keeping it. it's the same exact thing.

if i left something, i would go and see if it was still there and check Customer service... but if it was gone, i would hate myself for being stupid enough to leave it rather than be mad at the person who took it.

Not really, at least not based on the description in the first post.

I'd be hard pressed to believe ANYONE would actually turn in money they found unless they specifically knew who lost it. You can guarantee that if the finder doesn't keep it, it WON'T get to the real owner unless the finder gives it back themselves.

Then we have the example of the CD case full of CDs found in the street. One could offer to give it back (put an ad in the paper or something), but I don't think anyone would really fault a person if they decided to just keep it.

But the example in the first post, if it is real (as some people doubt) IS stealing, where as the OTHER examples are not.

Errr....I guess you don't want to hear the story that I turned in some money I found in a classroom while I was in 10th grade?

Regaardless, I found some money after the period was up and turn it in to the teacher. This is a little different than findin cash on the street since a classroom is a small community and can easily be asked for if the student losted it.

You know what, for people who actually claim to be grown men, "who play with toys". This is not the reaction I quite expected. I seriously doubt if given the situation no one else would have done the same. So oh well. I guess I'm the bad guy and as for starscream49 here is post #38.

What? Did you want us to pat you on the back and give you a cookie? You got Hound, I'm glad for you. But how would you feel if you were the one who found and paid for him, and someone else ended up walking away with him? The circumstances aren't important, it still belonged to someone else.

If you can live with how you got him, then that's fine. We've all done things in life that we shouldn't be proud of. But don't come looking for praise for doing something dishonest...and make no mistake, it WAS dishonest...because you're just not going to get it.

Agreed!

We grown men who COLLECT toys are one thing.

Grown men who STEAL toys and GLOAT ABOUT IT, ... lame, dude.

Grown man, maybe. Grown UP? not so much

insult_gay.jpg