How I Actually Found Hound

Thundercrunch

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actions have consequences. Stupidity has consequences. If you leave an item unattended in a public space, things happen. Sure the guy remembers and comes back, and if its still there, thats nice. If somebody turned it in, that's nice. If the stuff is gone, it's his own damn fault for being stupid.

I used to deliver pizza. One night I find a soft CD case with about 25 CDs in it in the street. I considered it a tip.

This guy didn't steal nothing. He found something that was lost. Some moron lost it. Sure I'd feel like crap if I was that moron, but that wouldn't change the fact that I was that moron.

At this point in time, I would have left that cart where it was. I already have a Hound. The other stuff didn't sound that interesting. If I was still looking for a Hound, I would have put that stuff in my car without even blinking. It is not my responsibility to protect people from their own stupidity.

If I walk down the street and find a $100 bill just lying there, you can be damn sure I'll be eating chinese food later that night with that bill.

i hope that u mean some good chinese food and not some buffet, i mean if the money isn't coming out of your pocket live it up and go to the japanese steak house where u sit downt and they cook in front of u. that sounds good damn i have made myself hungy now

Hey guys! Just got back from Georgia. Man am I thirsty, and I really need a bath, but first I'm gonna play with my new toy...

Well in the parking lot I notice a buggy with a 24 pack of Diet DR. Pepper. Well right next to the case was a bag with a Stopper for a sinke and lo and behold Hound.

@doh@ DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what, for people who actually claim to be grown men, "who play with toys". This is not the reaction I quite expected. I seriously doubt if given the situation no one else would have done the same. So oh well. I guess I'm the bad guy and as for starscream49 here is post #38.

dumb.jpg

It wasnt in someones car Doom, in was in an abandoned carT. However, that doesnt make it right. You should have taken the stuff inside to the service desk, more than likely, the people would return for it.

My bad since I never heard a cart called a buggy before. I assumed he meant "buggy" as in "Beetle." I am sure if the person who left his/her cart there, had an emergency and had to leave, so probably the person was in a hurry and cannot unpacking the things into his/her car. I think this is different than finding cd in the street since packing lots usually have cameras and if you returned the fig to comsumer service, they probably hold the item for them or check the camer to see the person's license's plate.

I still think takin somethin out of the cart is wrong and should have told cosumer service.

TCO, theres a difference. If your walking down the street and a $100 bill blows by who do you return it to? At Walmart you know you can take it to the service desk so the owner can pick it up.

Finders keepers may work for 7 year olds but its not realistic in the adult world. Keeping something that doesnt belong to you isnt right no matter how hard you want to rationalize it. Keeping it is fine only after you have made some attempt at returning it.

You know what, I didn't quite get the reaction out of everyone here that I thought I would. So I am going to do the right thing and Take it back and return it to customer service. I apologize for this turning into a flame war on myself. I didn't come here to "brag" about "finding" or "stealing". So if a moderator could please just lock this thread before any more flamming happens. Thanks and to everyone who has a problem with me I can simply say...... Sorry.

...sigh

My crap radar is up on this one. First the story doesn't make a lot of sense. He takes his little sister to Walmart to buy his son a Wiggles tape. Then he steals from a shopping cart in front of her THEN he goes into the store. Then someone who's just been robbed doesn't bother to report it to Wally World security (who would look at the tape and call the cops).

To me it's a stupid implausable story, which is just sad

You know what, I didn't quite get the reaction out of everyone here that I thought I would. So I am going to do the right thing and Take it back and return it to customer service. I apologize for this turning into a flame war on myself. I didn't come here to "brag" about "finding" or "stealing". So if a moderator could please just lock this thread before any more flamming happens. Thanks and to everyone who has a problem with me I can simply say...... Sorry.

TC, we arent flaming you. We just thought it was wrong. Glad to hear your doing the right thing.

crap Radar Ding Ding Ding, holy S##t mine is going off like crazy too. i have to agree with ScottieEvil on this. @Jason1@

Now that you mention it, I agree since when I first read it, the paragraph didn't make sense, so I had to read it several times to understand what he was talking about. I mean the description of the contents in the cart seems detail enough as if he spent time lookin at it or somethin'. Also, usually store likes Walmart bagged the contents for the customer(s) at the checkout line. If they were bagged and say the customer only bought the few items the poster said he saw, how can he know that Hound is in the bag unless he looked inside the bag himself, though that would risk him of getting caught by anyone. And if he is a thief, why didn't he take the soda case as well since a lot ppl like soda and imo seems logical to take the Dr. Pepper as well.

This sounds like one of those stories told my kids just to get attention. Thanks to scottie for putting out the flaws of the story, I don't think this happened and that the poster wanted some praise from this farse.

I mean now the poster wants to return it? Nothing wrong at that, but if the poster didn't care about stealin from an indiviual, why would he care a few ppl on the internet thinks of him. He doesn't know any of us and now he feels like a villian after we accused him of a thief. I mean it might be possible, but I think it is harder for a parent to steal if the child questioned the parent while he's done it and most likely, the parent would stop unless the child was raised w/ no morals.

You know what else I found crazy, Scottie? How the little sister seems to disappear after he grabs Hound since he only said that he went to Walmart to grab his son a wiggle's tape. Couldn't he have said, "Seeing that the cart is abandon, I quickly grasp the figure and uploaded it into my car. Afterwards, my suprised sister and I headed to Walmart, happily, so that I can reward my son with a 'Wiggles' Tape."

Either, this guy need to work on his english writing or that he is making up the story as he types.

Also, I remembered when I first read it, is why didn't he go and check to see if Walmart had more Hounds in stock. I am sure he would note that and probably buy a 2nd for his son or for scalping or whatever since Hound does seems like a hard toy to obtained.

Also, I checked his profile and from his bday, he is 21.  Kinda young to have a child unless he is one of those guys who knocks up a chick during highschool.

I had a kid at 20.

But I am sure it was hard to take care of and were yelled at your parents for getting a girl pregnant unless you married the girl.

Sorry, but I have no idea of what I am saying now since I felt night headed of going to bed very late last night.

Actions have consequences. Stupidity has consequences. If you leave an item unattended in a public space, things happen. Sure the guy remembers and comes back, and if its still there, thats nice. If somebody turned it in, that's nice. If the stuff is gone, it's his own damn fault for being stupid.

I used to deliver pizza. One night I find a soft CD case with about 25 CDs in it in the street. I considered it a tip.

This guy didn't steal nothing. He found something that was lost. Some moron lost it. Sure I'd feel like crap if I was that moron, but that wouldn't change the fact that I was that moron.

At this point in time, I would have left that cart where it was. I already have a Hound. The other stuff didn't sound that interesting. If I was still looking for a Hound, I would have put that stuff in my car without even blinking. It is not my responsibility to protect people from their own stupidity.

If I walk down the street and find a $100 bill just lying there, you can be damn sure I'll be eating chinese food later that night with that bill.

Well, like Starscream49 pointed out your examples aren't entirely comparable.

Just curious though, would you still be so amenable to the situation if it had been YOUR stuff that disappeared?

After all, we don't know the circumstances of WHY the stuff was left. Stupidity is the most likely culprit, but who really knows?