Todd Mcfarlane's Soldiers

www.jeremysrockpages.com

Just read this off his site. This should be pretty cool for the people in the group wanting the realistic stuff. Wonder if he'll try to make the characters unique like the joes. pretty cool either way. Heres the paragraph, no other details were given

"Finally, we've got the first in an ongoing McFarlane's Soldiers line scheduled for an April 2005 release. These will be realistic modern-day soldier action figures, heavily detailed and in 6-inch scale. More details and specifics are coming soon."

from www.mcfarlane.com

Well, I hope McFarlane would be smart enough to actually make these figures articulated so MAYBE they might work with Marvel Legends and like lines, but knowing McFarlane, they'll be static posed non-toys.

I really liked PlanB's Special Forces series, but due to lesser levels of articulation that I've come to expect out of 6" figures, I didn't pursue them with any kind of zeal.

Don't get me wrong, the articulation was decent, but once ML hit--everything else fell by the wayside. I do, however, have extremely high hopes for the new SOTA SF figures.

These are good days to be a toy collector, my friends.

Wonder if he'll try to make the characters unique like the joes.

If by Unique, you mean, "will he put hooks in their backs?" then yes, of course, there will also be the barely masochistic female, a good stand in for Lady Jaye, if you ask me.

And on the upside, they'll have built in battle damage because they will fall apart as soon as you buy them.

God, I love Mcfarlane.

I agree articulation will probably suck but you never know, dont kill the line before you see it. Nothing will ever replace gi joe. Also I own a ton of mcfarlane stuff and never had anything break, a couple of you really expressed that they do, what line of toys breaks easily?

The most recent Plan B Special Forces and WW2 figures have been excellent. Ball-jointed hips and shoulders and really decent articulation throughout. If you want some WW2 german bad guys for Captain America to pummel you just cannot go wrong with the lastest stuff.

I also mirror the wish hoping that these new figures have some real articulation and are not the awful pre-posed faux statues that Todd's sometimes been known for.

Bring-em on!

Well, I hope McFarlane would be smart enough to actually make these figures articulated so MAYBE they might work with Marvel Legends and like lines, but knowing McFarlane, they'll be static posed non-toys.

That's what I expect, even though I hope not because the two Solid Snakes they made had a decent amount of articulation to them.

The most recent Plan B Special Forces and WW2 figures have been excellent. Ball-jointed hips and shoulders and really decent articulation throughout. If you want some WW2 german bad guys for Captain America to pummel you just cannot go wrong with the lastest stuff.

I also mirror the wish hoping that these new figures have some real articulation and are not the awful pre-posed faux statues that Todd's sometimes been known for.

Bring-em on!

I am not tryin to attack you in any form since I too, like his figures, but his toys do break easily, if not DISPLAYED(I captialized it for those who don't display them.) The figures I have that broke are Orochi from onimushia 2(one of her pinkys broke, but I have an extra.) Lotus's staff(have an extra of her too before she broke,) Valkyire R3(brother accidently broked the staff,) The third medieval Spawn's sword( had the weapon replaced,) and Lilth's sword(not sure how.) However, the company do replace broken parts regardless of how it happened unlike other toy companies.

Also, even if one has their figs display, be careful to not make them drop or they will shatter.

Bring-em on!

I am not tryin to attack you in any form since I too, like his figures, but his toys do break easily, if not DISPLAYED(I captialized it for those who don't display them.) The figures I have that broke are Orochi from onimushia 2(one of her pinkys broke, but I have an extra.) Lotus's staff(have an extra of her too before she broke,) Valkyire R3(brother accidently broked the staff,) The third medieval Spawn's sword( had the weapon replaced,) and Lilth's sword(not sure how.) However, the company do replace broken parts regardless of how it happened unlike other toy companies.

Also, even if one has their figs display, be careful to not make them drop or they will shatter.

Oh, I know full well about the fragility of Macfarlane products--I've had my share of breaks too. Some of them have awful quality control in their plastic, gluing and other design aspects.

Recently, what few items I have bought have been sturdy though. The Plan B stuff is solid, and its Todd goes the articulation route with these soliders, I'll gladly buy them if they don't look stupid or gross.

Really, my sole interest in this kinds of things boils down to this: they are all "accessories" for my Marvel Legends figures to interact with.

You guys overlooked the alien vs predator toys since they have ml articulation and are strudy.

They do not have ML Artulation or any where close, if you can't cross their friggin' arms then they should not be mentioned in the same sentence as ML, and even though, they had a little more artulation then usual, if you tried to use it, it would break in sixty seven spots.

You guys overlooked the alien vs predator toys since they have ml articulation and are strudy.

They do not have ML Artulation or any where close, if you can't cross their friggin' arms then they should not be mentioned in the same sentence as ML, and even though, they had a little more artulation then usual, if you tried to use it, it would break in sixty seven spots.

Um, yes they can. I have the pred 2 predator with the severed arm and he can cross his arms, although he can't make a fist, but that the only thing he is lacking from the early ML figures..