Deathstroke Vs Deadpool

HachiGO

Saw that new teen titans Deathstroke fig today, and was reading the back of the card. It was talking about how deathstroke is merc named Slade Wilson and blah blah blah. But whats up with this? Two masked mercs bothed name Wilson and both have "Death" in their alias. So what came first? The Pool or the Stroke?

Deathstroke predates Deadpool by maybe a little less than 10 years. He's a Marv Wolfman creation from the 1980's, and Deadpool came out in...1990? I have the New Mutants issue that he first appears in but I don't remember when that was.

Anyway, I dont know much about deadpool but apparently they've kind of owned up to the fact that he's a copy and have made him into kind of a parody character (of not just Deathstroke but all "super bad ass assassin" types)

Well, not sure who came first, as I have no clue as to when Deadpool was created...but as far as figures go I like the Deathstroke alot more. Not that I have the Deadpool, I had him in my hand once, but he didn't look like he was worth the $30 price tag they were asking for him.

PJ

Deadpool is my fav marvel character...but i would say his healing factor is a plus and the fact that he cannot die is another plus...but Slade is a master straegist...for example look at Idenity Crisis 3 as mentioned before...Ollie says he rivals Bruce in reading peoples moves

Deadpool was never intended to be such a popular character. He was designed as a deliberate spoof of Deathstroke, who was very popular at the time. Even the name Wade was chosen to mock Slade. The thing is he caught on and became a character in his own right. DC and Marvel constantly trade barbs like this all the time but usually the characters dissappear into obscurity.

I love Deadpool. Hes soo funny. And when hes serious, he could kick ass too!

the fact that he cannot die is another plus...

Oh, he can die...

Waaaaaaaay back during the Age of Apocolypse storyline, Wade was sent to kill Destiny (at least, I think that was the story, it's been so long since I read it, I'm not really sure anymore), and succeded in killing Doug Ramsey.

At which point, Nightcrawler teleported away with his head. JUST his head.

I would say I like both mercs equally. Together they would make a damn awesome team. Could you imagine these two in a crossover series tkaing out the biggest Marvel & DC had to offer? I would definitely be all over that.

I don't have a Marvel Legends Deadpool (and I am not sure if I ever will) but Deathstroke os a kick butt figure!

Well, he can die, but he death likes him and sometimes they do it.

Although I read that Identity Crisis thing, and Slade totally kicked everyone's ass. He is hardcore, and doesn;t goof around.

Deadpool is also the master of screwing really funky ladies. Like Typhoid Mary, and some weird shapshifting chick. He is plumb crazy. On the other hand, is a really competant assassin, but he goofs off too much.