Justice League Action Figures...a Few Questions

mosnab

I may have posted a similar question awhile back, and I'm sorry to repeat myself if that is the case. I've always been a big fan of the Justice League cartoon (and now, JLU), so I have always been tempted to pick up the action figures. Since most of my collecting money goes to Star Wars stuff, I don't usually have a lot left over for others...and also, I wasn't sure if the Justice League figures were "worth" their $7-ish pricetag. Well, the more I watch the show, the more interested I am in starting a collection, so I have been thinking about it a little more often.

I have a few questions for you about the line, and also would enjoy hearing your opinions on the figures (some better than others, worth the price, etc.). First off, Batman is my favorite character of the show, so I thought about at least picking up that figure. However, which "normal version" do you recommend? The first release seems like the best looking, but the articulation is poor. The increased articulation on the later release is nice, but it kind of hurts the overall appearance of the figure it seems. Then, when looking at some coverage from Comic-Con, it looks like the upcoming figures (Dr. Fate, Amazo, Green Arrow, etc.) have the same points of articulation, but they are a little better hidden than the "updated" Batman and Superman from earlier this year. Anyways, do you know if they will be improving the "look" of the articulation on Bats too...and if not, which version do you recommend picking up?

The same goes for the other members of the league. Should I go try to pick up the "Mission Vision" or "Morph Gear" versions of the original members, or go via ebay to get the first releases. Also, of the JLU figures shown at Comic-Con...when are these set to be released? I have heard that they might come in 3 packs, but wasn't sure if that was true. If that is the case, it might be more cost effective for me to wait for those. Anyways, sorry the post got so long, just looking for any advice or opinions you might have on this line....good or bad. Thanks.

well i like the normal 1st releases...thats just me...your gonna be paying a pretty penny for Manhunter, WW, and HG on the 1st release red cards...HG only comes on a blue card...but one way to get the 1st relases on these figs is to find the Wal-mart Nascar 2 packs they have went down in price from 11 bucks to 6 bucks...they only one of the orignial 7 that wasnt offerd like this was HG...but most Wal-Marts have Bats, Sups, and Flash....Manhunter and WW are the hardest to find in the Nascar sets from what i have seen...but if you can complete your set from MV or Morph gear go for it...any other questions bro feel free to ask

if you dont care about the packages, batman is a mixed bag. i bought the mission vision one because he is better articulated, BUT he cant really stand very well.

and if you're concerned abou the "worth it" part, check suncoast video and sam goody. they often clear things like this out for really decent prices (saw 1st series bats there for $2).

Mosnab, I can tell you that I was in the same boat you are like 3 months ago, the cartoon got me inot collecting JL toys, so I got the regular versions of the original members (well not entirely the "original version" but the attack armor versions of Bat/Supes and Green L, the Mega Armor Flash with gold strips (the yellow strips looks better, I must admit it) and the Hawkgirl.

For the MV wave one, Im thinking of getting the Super, Bat and Green Lantern only to get them even when Ive heard that they have some issues.

Morph Gear, I saw them the last week, I found 5 figures, Bat, Flash, Geen Lantern, MV Wonder Woman and Ultra Humanite, Im getting them asa soon as I get the money.

Also, I got the most of the 10" figures I only need Green Lantern and Aquaman, but those are easy to find and Im getting them anytime soon. Oh and I forgot the Luthor pack, and the Javelin.

I recommend you to get the Morph Gear figurs because they fixed the issues they had with the MV figures.

If anyone sees the Javiln with Martian Manhunter in the package LMK!

Are you serious? The Javelin is being packed with the Martian Manhunter??? I know it is packed in 2 versions, the first one with wave one Superman and the Mission Vision with gold strips Flash, but if it is being repacked again with the MM that would be the one Im getting.

I don't collect them, but I do like some of them and have one here and there. They are too flimsy and does not offer much playability although they are improving somewhat.

I've picked up a few and I think they're a little difficult to pose because they are so top-heavy. I don't remember the Batman: TAS toys being so difficult to stand. I also picked up some of the figures with added articulation and a couple of them are pretty loose.

On the other hand, I love how they look and the LOVE the black and silver versions of Batman and Superman. Pick them up if you can find them.

I have to reccoment against getting any Mission Vision figures except Darkseid and Wonder Woman. The rest all have this crappy crotch joint that makes their legs loose and splindly. The Morph Gear thankfully removed that joint. If you want a good GL figure, the Morph Gear is the best one. I'd pass on Batman though because the silver paint seems to be splotchy and imperfect in every one I've seen. I'd wait for the Batman that's coming in the first JLU 3 pack with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. His colors are a lot better.

I have to reccoment against getting any Mission Vision figures except Darkseid and Wonder Woman. The rest all have this crappy crotch joint that makes their legs loose and splindly. The Morph Gear thankfully removed that joint. If you want a good GL figure, the Morph Gear is the best one. I'd pass on Batman though because the silver paint seems to be splotchy and imperfect in every one I've seen. I'd wait for the Batman that's coming in the first JLU 3 pack with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. His colors are a lot better.

Y2Bogus, you say you dont recomend to get the first mission vission figures? I know Superman is screwed, but are Batman and Green Lantern in the same boat? I also got an info that the Morph Green Lanter doesnt has the ring painted, is that true?

Yeah, all the male figures from the Mission Vision line (except the ones without the knee and elbow joints) have that annoying crotch joint that makes their legs wobbly. Darkseid thankfully doesn't. And yes, the Morph Gear GL doesn't have his ring painted on, but it's easy enough to dab a small drop of green paint on it. You could perhaps also wait until the next wave, which has a brand new GL. I'm guessing his ring will probably be painted. I think the next wave is the one where the figures all come with weapons that combine into some kind of robot.

I picked up the first run of the JL figs and I love them! Hawkgirl was hard to find at first, but eventually I found several of her. The only Mission Vision I picked up were Darkseid (excellent figure once you get rid of all the crap they included for him to wear) Wonder Woman (I buy most everything WW) and the Javelin. The Jav was on clearance at Target a few weeks ago for $4.98, so I couldn't resist! The only Morph Gear figure I've picked up is the Ultra Humanite....another excellent figure! Other than the MV WW, I'm really not interested in the endless repaints. I like the figures to be costume-accurate, so a Green Lantern with silver instead of black just looks dumb, IMO. Pick up the originals, they are great! I also recommend the 10" JL figures....they look great together! Much cheaper than the $90+ Maquettes. I have a few JL items for trade in my sig if you're interested. Later!

@bats@

Guest Mr.Wayne

I also recommend the original releases as well as the 10 inch versions,I have my smaller versions MOC cause they don't stand very well on their own and plus I like the way they look in the package,the 10 inchers are all opened and are a great value.

The 10 inchers are wicked. They are the cheap alternatives to the maquettes but not cheap in quality! They are very nice for the price!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any good site that has all the JL action figures listed? I have not bought any yet, but am contemplating on either the 10" or the 4" line. I only want the original 7 members for now. But may consider some villians and other characters down the road. Is there a good place to get JL info, things like upcoming figures and stuff? Up here in Canada, all I can find on the store shelves are the 10" figs and the Mega Armour 4" ones. So if I collect the smaller figs, I will probably have to buy online :(

Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!