My Tf Challenge

duh_prez

I am a pretty hardcore G1 fan - infact the only non G1s I've gotten recently are 2 alts, cos they are like newer versions of G1 so........

If for a special, one time only deal, u could reccommend me one new toy (non g1 or alt or masterpiece) which I should buy, what should it be?

It would have to look a LOT like the G1 version, or simply be that damn good it couldn't left in the stores at the moment.

What's it gonna be?

Yeah, E. Rodimus, Universe Big Convoy/Nemisis Convoy, or Energon Tidal Wave...he's about as poseable as a G1 figure, and the Energon paint scheme is the best of the three.

There are two obvious choices for a G1 collector, Energon Arcee and Armada Unicron, I kinda consider these G1 already, since they really don't have an original substitute.

Other than those, if you're willing to shell out the dough, buy Energon Megatron. One of the most G1 nostalgic figures out there, not for anything specific, but just how cool it is combined with how the look and the feel of it make you think of G1.

I still say Energon Megatron, and here's another 2 reasons:

1. Read your original post more closely and saw the required G1 influence. E-Megs Galvatronness I think qualifies.

2. I show my collection to laymen(non-TF heads) from time to time. These people are usually fairly familiar of G1 and have a low opinion of everything else. The one thing from BW to present that always gets compliments is Energon Megatron.

If $40 is within the budget, I suggest Energon Megatron.

You should buy an BT tracks :) I just happen to have one for $44 ;)

LOL! Do you get reissuses? If not then I'll say takara upcoming predaking ;D a must for any collection. Really though on hte tracks, all the bts & alts are worth getting

Ohhh my bad! Non alt or g1 @loll@ !

Ok then...

Both armada & energon have some great stuff... I'd find it hard to pick just one...

I'll go with Etidle wave or E ultra magnus ( who is hard to find)

There are two obvious choices for a G1 collector, Energon Arcee and Armada Unicron, I kinda consider these G1 already, since they really don't have an original substitute.

I think the same. I don't collect Energon or Armada, but I bought these two figures, they're great.

Now, E Megatron looks very nice, haven't bought it though.. Maybe I'll get one too.

E.Bulkhead=Springer

E. Shockblast= Shockwave

E. Galvatron (Megatron repaint)= Galvatron

E.Downshift=Wheeljack

E. Skyblast= Jetfire

E. Omega Supreme = whoelse?!

Universe Whirl is the remold of G1 whirl (new head).

Arcee too is a NEED simply because it's her first official released figure (not any exclusive or anything).

No, that's not true.

G1 Whirl is a completely different mold. The only things that are similar are it's head and the alt mode.

G1 Whirl's mold is not owned by Hasbro or Takara and, currently, they are not allowed to use it.

Cheers,

HN.

wow thanx for all the answrs guys! I'll check back again later but at the mo, arcee shockblast and skyblast sound cool... are they BIG figures. compared to their G1 selves?

Arcee and Skyblast are basics, Omnicons.

Shockblast, he's E. Jetfire/Alternator sized.

No, that's not true.

G1 Whirl is a completely different mold. The only things that are similar are it's head and the alt mode.

G1 Whirl's mold is not owned by Hasbro or Takara and, currently, they are not allowed to use it.

Cheers,

HN.

sorry about that, I never compared them side by side, just assumed so. sorry bout that!