The Hasbro/devil's Due G.i.joe Fan's Choice Figure

JayC

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure they are going to be RAH molds, I think they are going to be all new molds but then again so far the comic packs for the most part have been (but pieced together), I guess we will have to wait and see.

I think these are definately going to be Gvc/VvV style. That style looks more like the art from the DD comics. Very animated-like. I know everybody prefers the RAH style, but I don't see it happening.

The current/classic comic repacks are for characters that fit time-wise into the old RAH line. Therefore, using RAH figures as bases for the new figures makes sense.

The DD comic largely uses the GvC/VvV designs for its characters. Therefore, using GvC/VvV figures as bases for the DD comic packs makes sense.

I think its pretty obvious the DD comic packs will use GvC/VvV figures with new parts and some new molds in the GvC style.

As to which characters to pick? I think I need some more pics to decide. I'll have to dig up what few issues I have to check them out. Falcon, Serpentor, Cover Girl, and Spirit would all be nice since we've only previously gotten one version of each of those characters . I'm not big on these supervillain families (Zartan, Destro). I also haven't cared for any of the new DD characters. Of course, I haven't been too impressed with the DD comic period. Although, the new writer is far superior to the first guy.

Are these going to be new sculpt? figs

too hard to decide ... i want the DD storm Shadow but not the other 2 that come with him ... 16 , 22 , 24 and 28 are great packs .. too bad we can choose only 1... hope its new sculpt figs

Was the recent Rollbar a new figure? There is a hint in there. lol

Draven

Diana and Horrorshow have lots of new parts, but they are both still RAH.

Fine you will all see. Based off a "new" comic folks.

Draven

Good point. I didn't think of it that way.

The Marvel comic packs had RAH figures, so the DD comics would have JvC figures.

But we won't be seeing the pack for a year anyway, so it will be interesting to see how long it will be before people forget all about it (at least until the pack DOES come out).

lol if they make new figures, they will get 30 repaints in the regular line. They are comic three packs, i truely believe they will be RAH.

I think they will be RAH figures to. Just that anything is possible given that all we have right now is speculation and rumor.

I think these are definately going to be Gvc/VvV style. That style looks more like the art from the DD comics. Very animated-like. I know everybody prefers the RAH style, but I don't see it happening.

The current/classic comic repacks are for characters that fit time-wise into the old RAH line. Therefore, using RAH figures as bases for the new figures makes sense.

The DD comic largely uses the GvC/VvV designs for its characters. Therefore, using GvC/VvV figures as bases for the DD comic packs makes sense.

I think its pretty obvious the DD comic packs will use GvC/VvV figures with new parts and some new molds in the GvC style.

As to which characters to pick? I think I need some more pics to decide. I'll have to dig up what few issues I have to check them out. Falcon, Serpentor, Cover Girl, and Spirit would all be nice since we've only previously gotten one version of each of those characters . I'm not big on these supervillain families (Zartan, Destro). I also haven't cared for any of the new DD characters. Of course, I haven't been too impressed with the DD comic period. Although, the new writer is far superior to the first guy.

Actually, Falcon has had 4 versions (original, Night Force, Sonic Fighter and convention exclusive), Spirit had 4 (original, Slaughter's Marauders, Air Commando and mail-in) and Serpentor had 2.

Of the RAH characters listed, Cover Girl and Zandar are the only ones who never got a second version. For many RAH fans, that alone would be enough to put issues 16 and 24 high on the list.

too hard to decide ... i want the DD storm Shadow but not the other 2 that come with him ... 16 , 22 , 24 and 28 are great packs .. too bad we can choose only 1... hope its new sculpt figs

Draven

Draven

The Marvel comic packs had RAH figures, so the DD comics would have JvC figures.

But we won't be seeing the pack for a year anyway, so it will be interesting to see how long it will be before people forget all about it (at least until the pack DOES come out).

lol if they make new figures, they will get 30 repaints in the regular line. They are comic three packs, i truely believe they will be RAH.

Who's to say some of them are not already made in JvC form ala Spirit. Or that they might use some frankensteined JvC parts.

Draven

Draven

Draven

Who's to say some of them are not already made in JvC form ala Spirit. Or that they might use some frankensteined JvC parts.

Draven

I was reading somewhere I think joesigntings.com and it said these figures are going to new figures (so I think that rules out the notion of RAH).

Whoops, I forgot about the Falcon and Spirit repaints. I've never been into the repaints, especially as a kid, therefore I didn't even think about them. I guess I meant we've only gotten one mold for those characters. Unless the Sonic and Convention Exclusive Falcon figures were different molds?

Draven

Draven

Draven

I was reading somewhere I think joesigntings.com and it said these figures are going to new figures (so I think that rules out the notion of RAH).

well we need confirmation not just rumors

Draven

Draven

Draven

Well soon you will.

Draven

Draven

Draven

Draven

Well soon you will.

Draven

iis it me or does draven seem mad at the world lately @smilepunch@

Draven

Draven

Draven

Well soon you will.

Draven

iis it me or does draven seem mad at the world lately @smilepunch@

Sorry Scraps, I have been a little mad at the world lately. You are still my favorite Serpy lover.

Draven

No, it just means 3 new characters as they appear in the DD comic. Kamakura is just an example of a DD character as opposed to him being a Marvel character who got a new look.

No, it just means 3 new characters as they appear in the DD comic. Kamakura is just an example of a DD character as opposed to him being a Marvel character who got a new look.

I C, I still say that these are going to be totally new scupts (hence not RAH), but we will have to see.

I C, I still say that these are going to be totally new scupts (hence not RAH), but we will have to see.

They will see, not us man. We know.

Draven

Draven

how do you know this man, it makes no sense, but seriously how do you know this. The contest isnt even over, if its how you say then they have molds for every character, incase any of them one, instead of frankensteinging them from RAH molds.

Draven

how do you know this man, it makes no sense, but seriously how do you know this. The contest isnt even over, if its how you say then they have molds for every character, incase any of them one, instead of frankensteinging them from RAH molds.

I'm wondering the same thing. To be honest, it doesn't REALLY matter. They just SO adamant about it.

One of the major points of the comic packs is that they can make the figures look like the comic interpretation with the minimal of making new parts. Except for Horrorshow, every comic pack figure is a frankenstein of a previous mold with a new head.

WHY would the make all new molds for these DD character just BECAUSE they are DD characters. Schrage, Stormavich and Diana are ALL comic only characters (as opposed to astronaut Flash and undercover Grunt), yet they STILL use existing molds (Red Star, Big Ben and Lady Jaye).

They are based of JvC designs, new comics. They may make use of some older JvC parts but that's all. No RAH.

Draven

Your saying that new comic is based on JvC designs, therefore THESE figures will have JvC designs?

That makes sense, but there are fewer JvC molds available to use for frankensteining when trying to get an appropriate look for the character. Especially for the female characters (for them it would be better to make new molds; Zanya and Heartwrencher are going to end up looking like Zarana with a different hairdo).

Serpentor would probably be an entire new mold at best, so I guess it would make sense to make it JvC one (as opposed to the RAH mold with a new head). But most of the others, (Falcon, Cover Girl and Storm Shadow being the top contenders) have RAH molds that fit the look of DD character better than any of the current JvC molds.

They are based of JvC designs, new comics. They may make use of some older JvC parts but that's all. No RAH.

Draven

Your saying that new comic is based on JvC designs, therefore THESE figures will have JvC designs?

That makes sense, but there are fewer JvC molds available to use for frankensteining when trying to get an appropriate look for the character. Especially for the female characters (for them it would be better to make new molds; Zanya and Heartwrencher are going to end up looking like Zarana with a different hairdo).

Serpentor would probably be an entire new mold at best, so I guess it would make sense to make it JvC one (as opposed to the RAH mold with a new head). But most of the others, (Falcon, Cover Girl and Storm Shadow being the top contenders) have RAH molds that fit the look of DD character better than any of the current JvC molds.

Don't assume that some of those choices don't already have JvC figures in the pipeline. Its called making money. Hasbro can use them in two packs too and not just RAH collector packs.

Draven