The Hasbro/devil's Due G.i.joe Fan's Choice Figure

JayC

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to Draven - he is EXACTLY DEAD ON CORRECT about these packs.

Just speaketh the truth man! But therea re way to many pessimists around here. @smilepunch@

Draven

great so if we get a serpentor, we'll get 20 different repaints of him lol. @loll@

They are based of JvC designs, new comics. They may make use of some older JvC parts but that's all. No RAH.

Draven

Your saying that new comic is based on JvC designs, therefore THESE figures will have JvC designs?

That makes sense, but there are fewer JvC molds available to use for frankensteining when trying to get an appropriate look for the character. Especially for the female characters (for them it would be better to make new molds; Zanya and Heartwrencher are going to end up looking like Zarana with a different hairdo).

Serpentor would probably be an entire new mold at best, so I guess it would make sense to make it JvC one (as opposed to the RAH mold with a new head). But most of the others, (Falcon, Cover Girl and Storm Shadow being the top contenders) have RAH molds that fit the look of DD character better than any of the current JvC molds.

Don't assume that some of those choices don't already have JvC figures in the pipeline. Its called making money. Hasbro can use them in two packs too and not just RAH collector packs.

Draven

I'm not assuming anything. Kinda like you ARE in saying they will be JvC molds. No offense intended.

Merely saying that Cover Girl, for example, looks just like her RAH version in the comic. Put on a new head (with long hair) on to that old body and there you go. Hell, all they'd have to do is find a more appropriate pair of legs for Falcon and they can reuse the entire mold.

The possibility they have several of these characters with JvC molds down the line is GREAT!

But Hasbro does a REALLY poor job of updating RAH characters to JvC. Roughly half the figures for this year are RAH updates. However, only 7 for the ENTIRE year (of 47 figures) are NEW RAH characters. The rest are yet ANOTHER new mold for a character we got last year.

Even if Spirit, Falcon, Cover Girl and the others ARE slated to get new molds, it will probably be a VERY long time before we see them (if at all).

pestal the leak is that dd spirit is gonna be in the end of vvv next year

i'm still saying logicaly these should be vvv.

You do have a good point about covergirl and falcon though.

pestal the leak is that dd spirit is gonna be in the end of vvv next year

i'm still saying logicaly these should be vvv.

You do have a good point about covergirl and falcon though.

That's cool. Wonder if he'll just be a repaint of Dart. @smilepunch@

As long as it isn't that lame black outfit from the issue in question.

Wonder who the OTHER SIX will be...

There is one big flaw in your RAH Covergirl logic! The mold is gone, dead, lost and not found. That simple. And lets just say I have been told its a fact these are based of JvC. Whether anyone bleieves me is not important. My sources where right on the con stuff and stuff before it, so I see no reason why they are wrong now.

Draven

There is one big flaw in your RAH Covergirl logic! The mold is gone, dead, lost and not found. That simple. And lets just say I have been told its a fact these are based of JvC. Whether anyone bleieves me is not important. My sources where right on the con stuff and stuff before it, so I see no reason why they are wrong now.

Draven

THAT is for what I have been looking. Up till now, I had the impression you were just being stalwart in your belief they would be JvC instead of RAH. But if you have some confirmation, then there isn't much to argue.

As for Cover Girl, I guess it is better if we DO get a new mold. I just find it interesting that the Cover Girl in the comic does look so much like the original mold. I think, had the mold still been available, it might have been a consideration.

Besides, it depends entirely on which comic wins in the first place, so it could be a moot point.

Based on the responses here, I'd guess that issues 22, 31 and 16 are the top contenders. Issue 6 close behind with 4 and 24 following up.

Draven

They can always use Lady Jaye's body with a different head.

I know we're all a little paranoid about what will happen in the end given Hasbro's track record, but I think a lot of people are missing the big picture here. Whatever issue ends up winning will not be the only new comic 3-Pack to come out. Given the fact that Hasbro has already planned and produced 9 comic packs for release in a 6 month period of time, and those that have been released have flown off the shelves, there's money to be made in making more of them.

I have no inside information or powers of precognition, but my guess it that Hasbro will continue the Comic 3-Pack line with a mixture of Marvel and Devil's Due comics that highlight key issues from both runs. Given the new parts that have been constructed for some comic figures, and the fact that we're still looking a year down the road to actual release, I think that these 3-Packs are going to be done well, not just thrown together.

Draven

THAT is for what I have been looking. Up till now, I had the impression you were just being stalwart in your belief they would be JvC instead of RAH. But if you have some confirmation, then there isn't much to argue.

As for Cover Girl, I guess it is better if we DO get a new mold. I just find it interesting that the Cover Girl in the comic does look so much like the original mold. I think, had the mold still been available, it might have been a consideration.

Besides, it depends entirely on which comic wins in the first place, so it could be a moot point.

Based on the responses here, I'd guess that issues 22, 31 and 16 are the top contenders. Issue 6 close behind with 4 and 24 following up.

All you had to do was PM me. lol @smilepunch@

Draven

• 3 weeks later...
I wish Draven79's secret Hasbro employee/informant would tell me stuff. :(

Well its no super secret anything, just a friend I know who knows someone who knows, who also knows someone who knows. @smilepunch@

Draven

Isn't there some famous quote about 'Give me Serpentor and Overlord, or give me death!"? I seem to remember it from somewhere. Anyway, gotta love those two. Especially if they do a new version of em. Wonder if Overlord will get the BIG treatment they gave Venomous Maximus, or if he'd be the regular size.

I know we're all a little paranoid about what will happen in the end given Hasbro's track record, but I think a lot of people are missing the big picture here. Whatever issue ends up winning will not be the only new comic 3-Pack to come out. Given the fact that Hasbro has already planned and produced 9 comic packs for release in a 6 month period of time, and those that have been released have flown off the shelves, there's money to be made in making more of them.

I have no inside information or powers of precognition, but my guess it that Hasbro will continue the Comic 3-Pack line with a mixture of Marvel and Devil's Due comics that highlight key issues from both runs. Given the new parts that have been constructed for some comic figures, and the fact that we're still looking a year down the road to actual release, I think that these 3-Packs are going to be done well, not just thrown together.

I totally agree.

Even when we voted for the next 5 or 6 pack to come out (looks like the Urban Task force won), seems like there was also choices for other figures on there that came out anyway.

So you know they will make these. I would bet that they will make the winner first, then later down the road focus on making the 2 winners up! (or more)