Marvel Legend Batman In Toyfare

ransomz

Holy cow! Did you guys see the new Toyfare magazine?! There's a picture of a Marvel Legend's style 6 inch Batman coming out in 2005. There's also talk that Hasbro is considering a 6 inch line of GI Joe. They've always had loads of articulation. What's more, they also have the guy in charge of the Legends line talking about the chances of certain figures - sounds like Scarlett Witch, Ultron and Falcon are definitely being considered. I really think Legends are the ultimate style action figure and I would love it if all lines were compatible with it.

It's the one with the HALO stuff on the cover. I was just looking at the mag in Borders. There was a page of Batman stuff fairly early on, maybe like page 12 or so and there was a picture of very articulated Batman. I think the GI Joe remarks were around pg 24 and then a few pages later was a section of custom made Marvel Legend figures with comments from Jesse about there likelihood. The biggest disappointment there was Loki which it looks like they aren't considering at all because of that non-articulated one they came out with a few years ago.

you all talking about this

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=200...ize=800&start=0

If so its one of 3 deluxe Batman figures coming in 2005.

That's one cool batman figure, wish they did the hips/waist better...but still very cool either way you look at it.

Hmmm....while I'll openly admit that it's a nice figure, I'm just not too sure if I like it enough to buy it. The figure almost looks a little too "Jim Lee-ish", too muscular for my tastes....though seeing it in person might change my opinion.

I dig it no doubt!

i wonder if theres a technology that Tb developed for the legends that they cant use. coz everyone sees how the legends sell, why would any company NOT want that??

the articulation isn't copyrighted because i used to think the same thing. but sota toys are using it now, and diamond is using it too (they have a new buffy figure coming out that kicks @$$) but mainly the reason why DCD doesn't use the double elbow joints is because they are targeted towards the collector and i would say about 70% of the collectors want scuplt over articulation. matell on the other hand, i don't know why they don't use more articulation. probably because it disrupts the scuplt. who knows

the figure does have ball joints, they're the 4H style hidden ones.

like the MOTU figs right?

That would be sweet! Hell, I'd buy all 3 versions if they came out like that!

Arch

I know that you this was originally posted in this forum because the Batman figure was in ML style, but seeing as how it's been here for a few days and poeple have seen it, and that it is a topic discussing Batman figures, I'm going to move it to the DC forum. I'll leave it shadowed in the Marvel forum though.

And by teh way, I think that Batman looks sweet. I'll buy one for sure! ;)