"the Batman" Animated Toyline

Although I know that opinions vary wildly on the quality of the new cartoon show, but I personally kind of like seeing Bats in his own animated show again. Sure, it definitely isn't B: TAS, but not many "superhero" cartoons are ever going to compare to that. Anyways, to my question, I was wondering if any of you are collecting "The Batman" toy line, and what you think of it? I have thought about picking up a few, but haven't decided for sure yet. The one I was going to start with was the "Zipline" one, with the "normal" outfit, although I understand that the batarang-thingy is permanently attached to his wrist, which I'm not too crazy about. Anyways, I was just wondering how you felt about the toy line, if you like it, and also if you've heard anything of a more "neutral" Batman coming in the future of the line. Anyways, thanks for any advice you might have, I really appreciate it.

I have collected the core figs...Bats, Joker and Bruce...i did buy the Scuba Bats because i liked it...also grabbed the Batmobile and the Batcave...i personally like the figures they have a fair share of articulation and the sculpts are right on the money for the cartoon...in a future wave there is going to be a Batman with a blue chest armor that will be removable and will have a more neutral lookin bats as you put it...with no batgrapple on his arm

As soon as there available down under I'll be getting them.I love the design asthetic of this series.I have only one gripe though...I wish the it was the grey and black costume with oval-less bat symbol and the belt with the buckle and pouches.I guess I'll just have to make a custom...

Indeed, there's a Batman variant coming out in Wave 2 which has blue body armor that is completely removable. Underneath the armor is a normal, cartoon-accurate Batman beneath.

As for me, not only do I have the 3 basics from Wave 1 (Zip Batman, Bruce-to-Bats, and Joker), but I'm tempted to pick up some of the variants, and repaint them in less vibrant colors.

I'll certainly be getting that Removable armor Bats (probably a few), and the next set of villians: Bane, Man-Bat, and Firefly.

And if they do a Catwoman, Penguin, and Hugo Strange, I'll be hapier than I've been with Mattel in many months.

I will never buy them...Hopefully more will follow so Mattel can get the messege and start making more Comic-accurate figures...Hell if Toybiz can do it...why can't Mattel?

These are 'toon accurate. When Hasbro was doing BTAS, all people complained about was "Why are we getting neon camo with pinstriped Batman?" Now, we get toys based on the cartoon and fans still aren't happy. I guess you can't please everyone.

Another thing - you will get more from the comic line - next year. Mattel's focus right now is on the cartoon line, and rightfully so, since it's on TV (and #1 in the ratings I might add). That's what is going to make them the most money going into the holiday season.

Next year, you'll see toys from the cartoon, the comic line and the new movie. There should be something for everyone by then.

I bought the Bruce to Batman figure.I might be picking up a Joker pretty soon.

This Bruce to Batman figure is one of the best Bruce figures release for these few years.I always hated the idea of pushing the figures head down which the Bruce Wayne/Batman figures like to use for these 10 years.

These toys are great, the zip action batman is awesome with or without the zip line feature.

Straight Edge Posted on Sep 17 2004, 05:47 PM

Indeed, there's a Batman variant coming out in Wave 2 which has blue body armor that is completely removable. Underneath the armor is a normal, cartoon-accurate Batman beneath.

As for me, not only do I have the 3 basics from Wave 1 (Zip Batman, Bruce-to-Bats, and Joker), but I'm tempted to pick up some of the variants, and repaint them in less vibrant colors.

I'll certainly be getting that Removable armor Bats (probably a few), and the next set of villians: Bane, Man-Bat, and Firefly.

And if they do a Catwoman, Penguin, and Hugo Strange, I'll be hapier than I've been with Mattel in many months.

Actually that normal Batman fig is coming in series three, along with Man-bat and Bane, And The Batman fig is not so normal, his belt is a different sculpt and his eyes are bigger, (still looks cool though, but i am happy with my Zip-Action Batman) Penguin and firefly are in series two, along with some varients i believe, I have: Joker, Bruce To Batman, Zip-Action Batman, and Ice Armor Batman, and my lil bro has the deluxe blue Batman, these toys in my opinion are the best BM toys ever.

All the info above is from Legions Of Gotham,

O.

i'll contine to collect the core figs from this series...i wish the other waves would come out soon because Bats and Joker are getting tired of fighting i need the others lol

I'm holding off for now. The series doesn't begin airing here until November, so I've yet to see it for myself. I was going to buy a Batman, but the Zippy-whatsit Batman's right arm with permanent accessory and no elbow bugs me.

If/when a suitably on-model basic suit (I hear that unlike previous neon variants, he'll apparently actually wear some of this stuff on the show) Batman pops up, I'll probably get one.

I have: Joker, Bruce To Batman, Zip-Action Batman, and Ice Armor Batman, and my lil bro has the deluxe blue Batman, these toys in my opinion are the best BM toys ever.

You think the new animated cartoon series Batman action figures are the BEST Batman toys ever?

I'm speechless...Joker doesn't even resemble Joker from the comics...And yet, YOU think it's the best representation of Batman ever....

I've officially given up collecting.