Art Asylum 1701-e

J_Rek_Vandekar

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the truth, I would be happy with just som epics at this point.

I have seen 5 pics of the raw unpainted version (rapid prototyping model), one pic of the top detailing the aztec, and one semi-side shot from the toy fair. Seems like we had much better pics of the 1701-A before it was released.

Colin

• 5 months later...
Guest James31278
The E is still in production. For you AA Club members you should get a peak at the E and the Klingon in the upcoming newletter. The Klingon is unpainted and the E will just be more concept shots and drawings. Shots of the actual E toy are probably about a month off.

I think the newsletter will be out on Friday for the AA Club mbrs.

Klingon what?

• 1 month later...

damn I was expecting to have this thing before xmas :(

Its bad enough they are putting out the MOVIE version FIRST!!!!! Now we gota wait even LONGER for it .... When really they shoulda been putting out the

ncc1701-D out FIRST! geez!! I really hope they get off there duffs & put out enterprise D soon after the movie version... :)

To me the new version is just lacking ... sure it looks great & nice but it had so little airtime compared to the 1701-d D just screams out TNG to me really ... :D Plus I love the design of it in general more ... I duno why :P

Personally, I always HATED the "D" version. (Appologies To Andrew Probert who designed her), but I think I even cheered when it was destroyed on Nimbus III.

But... I can see why fans would want one. They spent seven years aboard that ship with Picard & co.

I'm sure that the "D" will probably come next, which is a shame, because Playmates did a halfway decent "D" version, but noone has ever put out the Starship Reliant. :(

Actually, I look for The Enterprise E to be the last Trek ship AA ever puts out. With almost two years of broken promises and delays, I just don't see the line continuing.

...If the "E" ever comes out at all.

J' Rek Vandekar

The "D" was ok but I prefer the style of the "E" much more. The Galaxy class ships just don't seem to fit in with the style of Starfleet. They really stick out when shown in a fleet. And not in a good way.

I'm not a fan of the "C" style either.

Wow, I've never read of anyone not likeing these ships!!

& if anything after E, voyager will most likely put out, THEN maybe D :(

I wouldn't mind the relient but I'd like to see some non starfleet ships first...

Borg cube anyone?.. :)

Some kinda romulan ship ... they were allways cool... I think the ?"warbird" class ones ... are the ones I like ...

It's just a personal preference. Although I was a big fan of the Enterprise "C". I think it might be the whole flat & Stubby engineering Hull on the "D" that bugs me. I dunno.

And I'm also not too crazy about non-starfleet ships. Except for maybe a K'Tinga class Klingon Cruiser. Now THAT would be cool.

Best Starship design? Movie era enterprise IMHO.

J' Rek Vandekar

• 2 weeks later...

I opened sisko from the wave, do all trek figures have the ruber shirt thing going?.. Cause I really don't like that ... or at least the feel of it :S weirrdd :S Plus I'm afriad it will break all the time ...

Obri & dax are staying safely mosc needless to say :) THough, I only opened sisko cause his card was damaged :|

Im still debating about getting the AA Enterprise-E. I have the playmates First Contact version, but its not very show accurate. I do admit, that AA did a great job on the Enterprise-A. AA needs to release an electronic Enterprise-C and I will have electronic versions of all the Enterprises.

• 2 weeks later...

My favs were the Reliant and the Enterprise A

I have K'Tinga Class Battle Cruiser model and a "D" class Kligon cruiser model

A few years ago I scored a Reliant model

I am with you on that one Wheeljack.The Reliant was an awesome ship.

Edited by jedimaster-c

• 2 months later...

I got one to open and I have to say it was impressive but smaller compared to AA's Enterprise-A. Unfortunately, I had to return mine due to a paint problem in the area in front of the bridge. The paint appeared to have been scrapped off.