Art Asylum 1701-e

J_Rek_Vandekar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still have not shown anything yet, the newest thing they have showed of their ST line is Gorn, and the prototype of the Orion Slave girl.

The E is still in production. For you AA Club members you should get a peak at the E and the Klingon in the upcoming newletter. The Klingon is unpainted and the E will just be more concept shots and drawings. Shots of the actual E toy are probably about a month off.

I think the newsletter will be out on Friday for the AA Club mbrs.

The newsletter was released this evening. If you are a member of the AACC then it can be accessed in the AACC Section of the Art Asylum forum.

There is some Enterprise-E news in there. The final CG designs are shown, in some great detail. If the ship comes out half as good as the pics show, then this will be one impressive ship.

On a sadder note, the Enterprise-E has been delayed from this fall to early in 2005. AA assures that this is not a reason to worry. Everything is still coming out, just later than originally expected. This is also true of the third wave of the Classic Trek line. It and the E-E will be available around the same time early next year.

Art Asylum is also going to be working on releasing the Legacy line sometime next year as well. It will encompass all of Trek, and should feature key characters from all the series and films.

The reason for Trek's taking a backseat is because of the overwhelming success of the minimates lines and C3. AA felt that it was more important to develop these lines, and treat Trek more as a specialty line.

So, everything is still on the way, just a little later than we had all hoped.

I hope this was of some help to you guys and shed some light on the situation.

TKO the OAD

Just saw the images!

This is going to be an awesome ship. It stinks though, that the AA Star Trek products are going to be delayed, but as long as the stuff comes out it is alright with me.

:)

Hey Trevor,

Thanks for the info. Not to sound like an ass, but where can we poor schmucks who can't afford the AACC membership see pics of the prototype?

Sorry, nothing against you, my friend. I'm just in a bad mood. Can ya' tell?

Well, I'll be turning 30 in 2005, maybe I could buy the Enterprise E as a late birthday present to myself. I would love to have every ship in the "Starship Legends" line, but I'm sure I'll be long dead before then. Oh well. Maybe my great-great grandchildren will be able to enjoy them.

I can really be a jerk sometimes. @cussing@ @ignor@

Colin

Here is a pic of the painted Orion Slave Girl figure for ya

http://www.toynewsi.com/index.php?catid=12&itemid=4416

Awesome!

Every time, I see that pic it looks better.

I can't wait to see the Salt Vampire finished pic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DavAnthony

I've never seen so much gloom and doom with the fans in regards to a toy line. These figures will see the light of day. The Classic Trek line has been successful. Enterprise and Nemesis were not. Just because Toys R Us doesn't carry a line doesn't mean much. They have mismanaged their company and tend to screw up on ordering what is hot and what is not (case in point is the OTC for Star Wars, most stores won't be getting this wave and it is selling very well).

The online retailers (even Toys R Us, Kaybee etc) do carry the figures. This line is more of a specialty line then a mass consumable line like Star Wars or GiJoe.

I've never seen such a lack of interest in regards to a toyline. New pics show up and nobody cares, go to the AA board and it seems they talk about everything Star Trek but toys. Same goes here. Trek fans in general just don't seem to really be into the toys which is probably why the line is all but dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's more like it :)

Looks like that's the model they came up with when they did their "rapid prototyping". Not quite as detailed as the CGI model they showed earlier, but all the contours look correct and I'm sure once they get production going, it will look awesome. The real fun will be putting it up against the Playmates 1701-E. That should prove quite amusing.

Colin

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too. I almost bought an incorrect Playmates version tonight. It was the one from First Contact. I simply can't afford the Insurrection version.

That, and when the hell does the Legacy line start? While TOS figures (aliens!) are cool, I'm waiting for some TNG stuff.

At the rate AA releases stuff, if they ever get around to making the number of figures Playmates did, we'll all be about 80 years old.

• 2 months later...