Why Do You Like Microman?

KamenDreda

So the last few weeks i have been selling off a lot of my old toys in order to buy micromen, and it got me to thinking. Before a few months ago i had never heard of Microman. then we all saw the pics of the Acros and Master force and I took the chance and bought a couple of them. Well instantly fell in love and had to get them all. And now i am selling of my beloved GI Joes in order to buy more.

But why? What is is about these guys? I mean i like alot of other toys too but I am not crazy over them like I am with micros. Is it the 1/18 scale? That proabably helps. Is it the extensive aticulation? That proabably helps too. But that isn't all of it.

I know almost nothing about the back story behind them. I Don't know who Auto Master Ryan is or how Commander Lady Diane fights or why Arcoscorl is a bad guy.

And I realized... that is it! The reason I like the Micromen so much is because they are a totally blank slate! I can make up whatever story I want for them and nobody can tell me... "Well that's wrong, Vena and Cleve would never do that!"

And I think that is why I like the "Force" figures better than the Batmans and the other action series figures. Because I can make them do whatever I want and not have to worry about things like Scarlet is in love with Snake Eyes or Superman's weakness is cryptonite.

There are no rules! That is what makes Microman so great for me!

So why do you like the Micromen?

For me it's the articulation...I'm an articulation whore. I also have a hard-on transparent figures. I love me some transparent action figures. Other than that Iguess it;s just the whole sci-fi aspect to it. Something different. The chrome parts are cool too :D

Because they are highly articulated, original, great accesories, them being small makes the figure stay put in unbalanced positions(using base),

Sounds familiar lol

I met with Takara at SDCC really cool people they had some nice stuff on display and I got a good look at the microman batman cool stuff. And I agree with Prozac the chrome colors are really cool.

I agree with all of you guys. Great designs, colors, etc. etc. etc...

But I'm also loyal to the line since I really enjoyed the previous Magne and LED Powers lines. Comparing the old and new (not to mention even older lines) to each other is like apples and toasters, but you know you like both.

I actually dont really get microman at all.

Yes, theyre really articulated. But i cant STAND the chrome heads.

I didnt like them in '78, dont care for them now.

I liked the tatsunoko figured they did though. Gatchaman Ken was nice, but fragile.

No body asked why you don't like them! Scheesh! Some people! @smilepunch@

No but I can understand that. The crome heads don't really work unless you consider them robots or something artificial like that so i can understand where you are coming from there. I however think of my micromen to be a lving part of a computer program so the crome heads don't bother me because they are not supposed to be real people.

And as far as being fragile... yes they are. These are not ment to be played with too roughly. That is why i would never let my Nephew play with them. I am almost afraid to play with them myself sometimes. But to have an awesomely sculpted and highly articulated figure in this small of scale certain sacrifices must be made.

i used to have 2 microman back about 20years ago... they r my favorite, i never let them leave my sight, they go wherever i go...

didnt know they r still around until recently.

but its seems kindda expensive for me now

the releasing soon microman darksuit Batman looks very cool, i might consider tat.