Dc Direct: If You Could Make...

FilmChris@aol.com

If you could make a Batman set and a Superman Set (like the upcoming Green Lantern set) and put any 5 figures in each set...who would they be?

Mine...

Superman:

Clark Kent

Lois Lane

President Lex Luther

Mr. Mxyzptlk

Kryptonite Phased Superman

Batman:

Modern Penguin

Mr. Freeze

Mad Hatter

Bruce Wayne w/ Cloth Bat Costume

Two-Face

FilmChris, you hi the nail on the head with Batman. All the main players that weren't in Hush, since that series is getting them all done, and done good.

I'd do the *exact* same line-up, excep I *might* be tempted to pull out Mad Hatter and drop in Talia (with her father's cape), or the Ventriloquist.

Superman would be trickier. I'd love to just do the Planet staff, and Lex. That's five figures already. But I'd also like to see Metallo, a better Darkseid, or some never-before-seen villians.

Superman's that kind of hero where his supporting characters are boring, and his rogues gallery is kinda weak. Overall, it's very hard to market a line based on him. But no matter what, I'd pull a DCDirect rerelease along with any Superman line-up, and get Bizarro, Doomsday, and Cyborg Superman back onto shelves. The demand for these figures is so high.. I can't beleive tey didn't do this with the Reign of Superman set.

I'll only do Batman as that is who I only like...

Killer Croc...(done correctly this time. Big hat and trenchcoat. NO FREAKING TAIL! Pretty much like how he first debuted in Detective comics #526 or so..)

Mad Hatter

Black Mask (again, how he looked when he debuted in the comics)

Deadshot

Bruce Wayne in business suit...

I certainly don't get people wanting Alfred when a PERFECT Alfred was JUST announced and proto pics we've seen but anywho....

That's pretty much it...

For my Superman....

Metallo

Darksied

Lex Luther (in battle suit)

Mongul

Solomon Grundy

Battle Damaged Superman

Supergirl (new)

and For my Batman....

Mr. Freeze

Bane

Batgirl (new)

Robin (Tim Drake)

Two-Face

Penguin

Clayface

Battle Damaged Batman

That is mine mine man. @firedevil@

>>A Decent Tim Drake Robin>>

You are aware of the Teen Titans Robin figure coming out this month, right? That's Tim Drake, from the modern version of the Titans. Or do you just not like that version?

Yeah, I'm not too impressed with that figure, maybe when I see see it in person, my opinion will change.

Well, I don't really care about anymore Superman figure (except for a Lex & more intimidating Darkseid) So I go with 2 waves of Batman...I want DC Direct to give me non artist specific Modern age figures of...

Batman

Nightwing

Robin

Batgirl

Joker

Riddler

Clayface

Bane

Oracle

Gordon

But that's who I want...Well I do want alot more characters, but I'd settle for those.

PJ

Superman Set:

Superman

Lex Luthor in Battle Armour (like last seen in SM/BM)

Darksied

Bizaro

Metallo

Braniac 13

Chase would be a translecent green "Kryptonite" poison Superman

Batman Set:

Batman (Jim Lee Design theme No Yellow)

Joker

Penguin

Robin

Catwoman

Ras al Gul

Dick Grayson Robin

Batman:

Year One Batman - stubby ears & glove fins, more realistic physique, black cowl & bat symbol.

Year One Batgirl - straight hair in a ponytail, stylized Bat-symbol, no logo on buckle, straight-topped flat-heeled boots, different mask.

Mr. Freeze

Two-Face

Firefly

Superman line:

Since Jim Lee gets his own line for Batman, I figure McGuinness should get one for Superman.

Superman w/Krypto

Shazam

Power Armor Luthor

Bizarro

Metallo

Do you think they'll make anymore Smallville figures?

Probably not.

My understanding is that sales were underwhelming for the first wave, and combined with the various complications involved in making figures based on real people, it's just not worth the effort to do a second wave.

Batman:

Firefly

Mad Hatter

Mr. Freeze

Modern Penguin

Clayface

Since I'm not doing Superman (mainly because I'm ignorant and don't follow him enough to name five awesome villains), second choices would be:

Ventriloquist

Clothed Ra's Al Ghul

Talia

Two-Face

An accurate Killer Croc

Bane didn't make the list simply because the Mattel Bane looks, as they say, "pants."