Identity Crisis

JayC

Yeah, which is why I think the Boomarang thing is the answer. Also leads nicely into the upcoming 'Rogue War' storyline in "Flash".

Me too, Boomerrang has something vested in this, I just picked up 1-4, can't wait for #5 tomorrow!! Anyone know if GL:Rebirth is out yet?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he dies now, after what he's done in IC, he can die and he'll still have his legacy last forever. Besides, if Superheroes can pass their mantles onto their kids/sidekicks, why not villains?

I think that it has to be Boomerang, backed by Calculator, since Meltzer said all the clues needed to figure it out are in issues #1-4, and nobody else in those issues had means, motive, and opportunity. There are loads of other well thought out and perfectly reasonable theories, some of which I find even more compelling than what's in the book (Zoom for instance), but when the writer explicitly states as fact that it can be reasonably solved, you have to take his word for it or straight up quit trying to figure it out.

The whole mindwipe thing confuses the issue, since it means either Zatanna or Batman (or both, but unlikely) didn't want him attached with the lobotomy. But neither have a reason to kill Sue (both had means and opportunity) so I think it's simply a distractor and a separate mystery

Well, I'm at least half right so far. As to who planted the gun at the Drake residence, I think that it was the Calculator tying up a loose end, so to speak.

Boomerang sure as hell didn't expect him to be armed, and very likely the only other person to know who was next to get hit and when it would happen, would be the guy feeding Boomerang his information.

What I can't figure out is who actually hands-on put the gun there. Calculator's teleporter buddy got shot in the first issue, so he's out (presumably) and nobody else we've seen really makes sense.

I hope Calculator scooped up Luthor's power armour and plans on using it himself if it comes down to it.

Damn that Meltzer! I hope he explains why Flash wasn't answering his frickin phone to help save you-know-who at the end there.

I think it may have to do with 2 things:

1. boomerang's kid (he's like the flash)

2. events going on in the current flash issues (identity tie in)

This series is the best thing ever. Great job DC.

Who is that shadow guy that stabbed Firestorm?

I thought it was Shadow Thief at one point, but I think its someone else.

damn...Ronnie is dead.

It was Carl Sands, the Shadow Theif. They call him Sands at one point. It sucks that Ronnie is dead, but it's not exactly definitive. I mean, Captain Atom blows up like that all the time and he's fine. I think The Nuclear Man could pull his molecules back toegther eventually.

That was a great issue. I wonder if Boomerang was even working with someone or was it coincidence that he went after a heroes family member. Then again how would he know who Robin's father was unless someone else told him.

The Atom mentioned Calculator so it looks like he might be involved.

I loved how the heroes were beating the crap out of the villians. Superman looked pissed.

If Batman knows who is behind all of this, imagine how bad he is going to feel for not doing anything about it sooner and now Robin's dad is dead.

Will this be the cause of why Robin is the way he is as the future version of him in Teen Titans.

Thats the rumor Adam....I thought the Teen Titans book wasnt totally up to date with IC but you see Starfire and Cyborg questioning someone...and i know War Games isnt up to date with IC because Jack Drake is helping at a hospital...but the one thing that remained constant in both War Games and IC is Jack Drakes last words to Tim in both issues were, "Im proud of you son."

i wonder if capt. boomerang knew about the gun in drake's apt.? like so he could go out in a blaze of glory...or die and make the guy who is maybe his son (having super speed is weird, he says something about guesing the mother wrong, but what female speedsters are there? is he actually the flash's son?) take up the capt. boomerang mantle?

this is one of those issues where it seems like its going to tell you what is going on, but there are still some surprises.

Spoilers

I just read the last issue. I knew Drakes father was gonna get it, but at least from the look on the last page it doesnt look like a fatal wound, especially since Robin and Batman will be there any sec. I am a little confused why Boomerang is there though, I don't believe he is the mastermind behind all this.

I think Calculator isn't who he appears to be or someone is pulling his strings. I don't know why but this has the smell of Brainiac.

Spoilers

I just read the last issue. I knew Drakes father was gonna get it, but at least from the look on the last page it doesnt look like a fatal wound, especially since Robin and Batman will be there any sec. I am a little confused why Boomerang is there though, I don't believe he is the mastermind behind all this.

I think Calculator isn't who he appears to be or someone is pulling his strings. I don't know why but this has the smell of Brainiac.

I don't know...by the cover of the next issue, looks like this wound may be fatal. Also, in TT #17 Tim Drake says, "What would make me want to be Batman?". I think this could be it for 'Wonder-Dad'. @firedevil@