Identity Crisis

JayC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

luthor has something to do with it, one reason i am thinking that is at the end of issue 7 or 8 of superman/batman after the defeat of lex he is buried under a pile of rubble and say's something to the effect of "when i return there will be reckoning ....... A CRISIS !"

just me but I think that was a little forshadowing and the fact that his power suit was sold off .?.?.?.?

Metzer (sp?) is a DC history buff, I bet you it'll be some golden age villain who half of us never heard of and he will have done it because he wants to make a name for himself or he was tired of never bieng taken seriously by the DCU heavy hitters.

I think it may go deeper than that. Whe Green Arrow related the events that led up to Dr. Light's "re-conditioning," Batman wasn't even in the picture, yet when Dr. Light recalls the incident, Batman is featured prominently in the scuffle. I think they tried to make Batman forget what happened as well. This may have helped along Batman's consistent paranoia that the heroes of the JLA would go rogue someday. this might be why he devised his "failsafes" to use against the other Leaguers.

I think Luthor will have something to do with it. I'm just not sure what. But the real killer could be someone on the "inside" as well. Which heroes have undergone severe trauma and disaster in their lives recently? Hmmmm.....

I was thinking the same thing about Tim Drake's Dad. They've had an awful lot of tidbits with Tim at home with his Dad to just let the trail end there.

Whe Green Arrow related the events that led up to Dr. Light's "re-conditioning," Batman wasn't even in the picture, yet when Dr. Light recalls the incident, Batman is featured prominently in the scuffle.

Good point Thunder, I noticed the Batman discrepancy as well. It has me wondering too.

Plus in the first issue (I can't remember who, I think Green Arrow) mentions that he made a point of asking Tim where Bruce was, and Tim said Bruce was busy in the Cave. Riiiiight, we all know that Batman has his eyes on everyone...I bet he was either hiding in the church or in disguise.

I just chalked up Batman not being around to keep the focus on Elongated Man's detective skills.

I still think it's Captain Boomarang, and if it has to be a hero; Firestorm.

I posted my reasons in the OTHER ID Crisis topic.

I agree with Punichu with the EM to Bats comment. But, Bats is supposed to become more prominent as the series goes along. Drake's dad MAY die in IC or the Gang War, but Time WILL be back, that's for certain.

I love how ###### Johns and Brad Meltzer are somewhat 'teaming' up in the IC and the series that ###### writes (Flash, JSA and Titans come to mind with the tie ins).

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friends thinks it might be Kyle, and I figured why:

1) Jade cheated on him= so far, the victims have been spouses of the heroes

2) Kyle's dealing with Major Force ( spoiler warning, in GL 180, MF killed Kyle's mom)

3) Hal's coming back in a few months anyway, what better way to switch roles, have Kyle snap and have Hal be the one to bring him down

I still think Bats knows who did it...and i think Tims dad is going to be harmed in IC and die in Gang War or maybe Vice Versa we all have good theories but i think one we can toss out is the Lantern theory that is one that we all agree is way too far fetched

• 5 weeks later...

I was just reading previews for comics coming out in January and one of the preivews says Lois Lane is going to be shot!

do'h! sorry gang.

See, the thing people are assuming is that the killer has some inside information on hero's personal lives.

Elongated Man and Atom's wives were public, they were KNOWN.

As for Lois, it's a logical assumption. What other female has Superman CONSTANTLY been part of his life? Not everyone can be blind.

I guess my Firestorm theory is out though, being how he's supposedly dead and all. Poor Ronnie.

Batman and Superman were intentionally kept out of the early issues of IC because Brad Meltzer wanted to focus on the other characters.

I don't blame him. Batman and Superman do have a habit of taking over a crossover series. They become another issue of Batman/Superman.

One thing to keep in mind is that Meltzer has said that this will be a true mystery...meaning that there won't be some 11th hour introduction. It'll be someone who was there the whole time.

Major Force didn't actually kill Kyle's mom...he just made it look like it. Kyle really went against type when dealing with him though. Apparantly Major Force can't really die, but there are things that are worse.

One of the theories about Tim's dad is that he's going to be hurt because he has some relation to a DIFFERENT DC character than Tim. Not sure where that idea came from, but it could make things interesting.

Also, it looks like the Lex Luthor armor isn't necessarily an important factor in the story. DC's January solicits just came out, and in Titans, they're sent to go find it while "Robin deals with his personal loss"