Thundercat Customs!

KamenDreda

Cool thanks for the compliments. And I never have been happy with the Wyle kittens. I tried to make them look grown up but sill wearing the styles from their childhood. Didn't really work out to well I guess.

Really cool customs man, I would love to see what you could do with Marvel Legends figures next time....that would just push the thundercats off the cool meter and into the stratosphere. :D

WOW! Those are great! And I like the way Wiley Kit and Kat look. Reminds me of that story arc in the comics where they were grown up.

What were your base figures? 5 inch MArvel figures? Those are fantastic!

WOW! Those are great! And I like the way Wiley Kit and Kat look. Reminds me of that story arc in the comics where they were grown up.

What were your base figures? 5 inch MArvel figures? Those are fantastic!

Thanks! And yes...the base figures are all 5" Marvel figures for the mid to late 90's.

Cool looking lot! I love 'em, they are great, and excellent base choice. One thing tho', try next time to dilute (sp?) a little bit of water with the acrylics next time, you can actually see brush strokes because of the thickness. Keep it up! Hope to see more from you. #US1#

JOhnny

Cool looking lot! I love 'em, they are great, and excellent base choice. One thing tho', try next time to dilute (sp?) a little bit of water with the acrylics next time, you can actually see brush strokes because of the thickness. Keep it up! Hope to see more from you. #US1#

JOhnny

Thanks for the tip. I will have to try that. I usually go for one or two coat coverage if I can, so i usually go pretty thick. Some of those paints kind of suck. Oranges and yellows usually take 4 or 5 or more coats.

Cool looking lot! I love 'em, they are great, and excellent base choice. One thing tho', try next time to dilute (sp?) a little bit of water with the acrylics next time, you can actually see brush strokes because of the thickness. Keep it up! Hope to see more from you.  #US1#

JOhnny

Thanks for the tip. I will have to try that. I usually go for one or two coat coverage if I can, so i usually go pretty thick. Some of those paints kind of suck. Oranges and yellows usually take 4 or 5 or more coats.

Yeah, I know what you mean, Orange, yellow, Red, White and even light blue are a pain in the arse. I recommend the Games Workshop acrylic paints, they are THE best and they are not that thick. Cheers!

JOhnny

Really cool customs man, I would love to see what you could do with Marvel Legends figures next time....that would just push the thundercats off the cool meter and into the stratosphere. :D

I have not tried customizing a marvel legends figure yet but i don't think I would want to. There are just too many joints. That is the problem I run in to with all custom figures I do. The paint on the joints always chips and peels. In all my years of customizing I have never figured out how to fix this. THat is why I prefer the 5" Marvel figures. There are a minimal number of joints.

I have not tried customizing a marvel legends figure yet but i don't think I would want to. There are just too many joints. That is the problem I run in to with all custom figures I do. The paint on the joints always chips and peels. In all my years of customizing I have never figured out how to fix this. THat is why I prefer the 5" Marvel figures. There are a minimal number of joints.

You want to know how to protect joints? :

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/P...intingTips.html

That page is from board member Jin Saotome, he has a great tutorial for painting customs, also he got a little explanation (sp?) on how to protect joints, and it works!. I was a nonbeliever until I test it. :P .

JOhnny

• 11 months later...

Cool customs man. You rarely see 5' scale customs anymore, good to see somebody is using those things.

And i know what you mean about paint rub on ML joints. One good way i've found to avoid this is by using vinyl color for car interiors. Its like spray paint, but it's really thin and it doesnt rub as bad. Plus it dries helluva fast.

I use it for a base coat on a lot of customs, and to get in the joints, i'll spray a good amount in the cap and use an old brush to dab it into the joints. Ive had luck finding a range of colors at autozone. You might want to give this a try.

Wow! I have missed those a lot it seems. I really like what you did KD! You have talent man that you have kept a secret from me up in the Joe forum! ;) So who is that green and blk T cat? Excuse my lack of knowledge. I know the others but not him.

Draven

Wow! I have missed those a lot it seems. I really like what you did KD! You have talent man that you have kept a secret from me up in the Joe forum! ;) So who is that green and blk T cat? Excuse my lack of knowledge. I know the others but not him.

Draven

Thanks Draven! I only rarly do Joe customs... and when i do i usuallly only do LBC's or only minimal paint apps. I am not good with keeping the joints from scraping so I only try to customize figures with minimal joints.

The green and black (actually it is just REALLY DARK green) dude is a totally custom character I made up called Cugor. He was never in the cartoon.

• 6 months later...