Packaged Ninja Cobra Strike Team

GGPiKE

What happened to these figures?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5914754317

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5914751976

Cause if you look at the packaging they are still pictured on the inner-card.

I think , if this is the way it's gonna be, it'll bee better and great for army building.

On the filecard it shows Vypra. If you read it , it also says....Black Dragon Ninja, isn't that the guy from last years convention exclusives. Black Dragon?

yes, thats the black ninja.

anyways if they do release it like this, fine, but what about the Storm Shadow and Jinx molds i want those figures.

what the heck??

Well, I didn't want the Jinx figure that much.. but maybe 1 would have been okay..

and I HATED the Stormshadow paint, but if they would have just painted him solid WHITE, I would have LOVED it to death!

Anyways, I supposed they are trying to promote army-building, but I don't want an army of ninjas anyways.. 1 set will still be fine, maybe 2 when they go on sale.

well, the guy/girl is from hong kong, and the package IS opened, so maybe he/she accidently shoved a bunch of the wrong figures down their pants and grabbed the wrong package or something... I'm sure the Vipra and Stormy will be out, I mean, they already have the art done and we've seen the protos for them...but... that's just me.

I'm sure the seller screwed up which figures go in the package since the file cards are included for Vypra and Storm Shadow.

Hate to say it, but I like the seller's figure selection better than Hasbro's. I would have rather had just one Jinx mold.

I also like the Snow Wolf Variant auction. @rolleye@

One of the painters slacks off on his job, and VOILA!---Variant! @haha@

Appears to be either a running change to follow the success of the infantry 6 pack because the non crimson dude appears to be a squad leader or a custom set(meaning that someone added different guys in the box.)

Maybe it is the first and it was a running change. If this is true, don't fret since I am sure they will release both but the diverse ver. will be more difficult to find. Think about the change on the first TRU 5 pack and other previous sets.

i'm pretty sure this is just a mix up on the seller's part. we shall see.

I don't think there's any need to panic I just think that whoever is selling this got the figure assortment wrong or they figure since this 'mis-package' might qualify as a rare item all the collector nuts will want it.

One of the things that gives it away (besides the obvious artwork and the filecards on the back) is the fact that the bubble molding that holds some of the figures are proportioned wrong. The Red Ninja's bubble on the right of the Black Dragon trooper, the head area is too big for that Red Ninja and looks more like it was fitted for Storm Shadow, so that's probably what slot he will be in. So guys can we please not panic.

I was jazzed about this set when I first saw it at the convention last July but now I'm even more psyched. I'm glad I didn't spend a cent on any of the Urban packs myself because this thing is going to blow that mismatched TRU exclusive disaster out of the water. The Cobra fans get both a good variety of characters, well painted figures, and 5 Cobra troops all in one package. I've never been a major ninja fan myself but after seeing this set I can say I'll certainly be buying at least 10 of these suckers to help fill my armies ranks. Especially the female ninjas, shift in gender would be a good thing for Cobra especially since we always get tagged as being an 'all boys club'. Yeah this set will definitely be on my list of things to get this year . . . in spades.

I just wish I could have gotten a closer look at the filecards.

I hope they sell this version as a varient. It will be great for Army building. I like the Vypras too and Im sure they will be sold as planned. but I rather have more red ninjas, so both options would be welcome.

well, the guy/girl is from hong kong, and the package IS opened, so maybe he/she accidently shoved a bunch of the wrong figures down their pants

Let this be a lesson, do not lick or sniff joes from Hong Kong. So bad! @loll@

I hope this is correct

I really don't care for v2 SS and I'm sure Jinx/Vypra will show up latter

i want lots of Red Ninjas and some Black ninjas

Speaking of which anyone who wants to trade for Red and Black ninjas please e-mail me.....i'll be trading off most of my V2 SS and Jinx/Vypras from this set

This is not the actual pack, while the packaging is shown, go by the file cards and the previous official pictures from the JoeCon and SDCC.

2x Cobra Red Ninjas (Storm Shadow v1)

2x Cobra Vypra (Jinx mold)

1x Black Dragon (Storm Shadow v1 - name/character profile taken from 2003 Convention figure of same name)

1x Storm Shadow (Storm Shadow v2)

That's pretty much it.

there are several possibilites:

1. Production packaging sample - figures were just placed into the package and sent to Hasbro for final approval.

2. Simple factory floor theift. (which I think is the most logical) The seller and/or a friend of his just grabbed a handful of figures and packaged them.

But regardless this is not the figure load-out for this set. And this is shown by the accessories in the trays - those were previously seen with the aformentioned figures at the official shows.

Either way, I like the set with the other figures or evn just with these! :)

In all seriousness though, you can tell that the seller has put 2 of the Red Ninja's in the package, and you can see the form around them doesn't match like the others, as it USE to have SS and Vypra in there.

f7284d88.jpg