Save Your Tru Receipts . . .

GGPiKE

I just wanted to point out to anyone who hasn't heard this (I had not) but in the latest Master Collector newsletter, Derryl DePriest was stated saying that we should be saving our TRU reciepts with Joe purchaces on them. Anyone know anything about this at all? I don't recall hearing about it at the convention.

I save all my reciepts so I guess I'm all set.

Perhaps there's something like submitting barcodes from joe products along with the receipts for the purchase at TRU...

Another possibility is Hasbro wants to show TRU how big of a market Joe fans are, and by collecting the recipts it'll show TRU this. Thus leading to more collector friendly products, I.E. army builder packs, RAH releases, and more high end priced pieces.

They know WHAT sells, but they don't know WHO buys. If they see that collectors are the major buyers Toys R Us might be more willing to do more of what collectors request and less of the 'kiddie' stuff.

Again, it was just an idea, I think the exclusive offer idea is the more plausible one.

That had nothing to do with little Joes. Reread the article it was about the 12" 40th Anniversary/Best of Collection. The article was in the April newsletter. Derryl said " If you bought your 40th sets at TRU, hold on to the reciepts. They could come in very handy!" Now what does that mean? Do not know, Though my TRU only got in wave one of the 40th's and I bought all of them from Wal-Mart and Target. But it has nothing to do with the little joes, sorry!

Michael Richards

Bulletman Big B

ALL HAIL DOB!!!!

Hey man thanks for clearing that up. I just had a chance to read it kind of fast today so I didn't catch that. I bought some of the 40th sets so I still would love to know whats cooking with that. Sorry to stir up stuff about it though, I need to read a little closer next time!