Knights Of The Zodiac

rodimusconvoy21

Call them Saint Seiya or Knights of the zodiac, what happened to the line targeted to the US market? the line look like it was cancelled because I havent seen more toys, news or anything. The last wave I heard of was the one with the black saints, and the 8" figures lacked of the Swan and Andromeda.

Just like anything else, if it doens't catch on stores stop selling them. Kids (which is what companies are targeting) didn't seem to take to the cartoon or toyline and so stores stopped carrying them. Personally I think that companies are just trying too hard to find the next DBZ/Pokeman/Yugi.

My local store got 3 of the 8" figures, Seiya Pegasus, Ikki Phoenix and Shiru Dragon. Im getting all 3 but I will get Ikki first because he seems to be more short packed than the other 2. Im waititng for the Sagittarius Cloth with Seiya, it should be showing up any time soon.

The explanation you are giving are reasonable because if kids dont show interest that pretty much the future of any line. I always felt that this line would fail in the US market because its something new to them.

Sometimes it just takes a while or someone promoting it right. Take DBZ as an example. They had DBZ on a local Fox station playing at 6:30 on sunday mornings in the mid 90's. I saw it a couple times and the show seemed somewhat boring. Once Cartoon network started showing it everyday fans really started flocking to it ( i know what got me hooked was a 4 hour block one saturday night when I was sick). After DBZ really took off and CN experimented with other shows, they realized they had the power to make or brake certain shows.

The support for this line outside the US (Spain, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, Latin America) is bigger because they have the show 5 days a week. Thats now, I remember back on 1996, they aired the shopw as well and the impact in everybody was huge even to beat such popular lines of that moment like Transformers and Power Ranger, and the KOZ toy werent so detailed as today's.

Knights of the Zodiac is all but dead. Bandai is just waiting for the Hatchet to fall.

Looks like we're not going to see that playset after all...

I wish youre right man @smilepunch@ I dont want to buy the 1st 3 figures just to end with only them and not getting the swan and Andromeda. After all, they are a cheapiest option of the Myht Cloth.

• 2 weeks later...

Things like this line is a waste of time and should have never been tried. Not all anime will find a fit in North America, and you'd think Bandai woulda learned from the disasterous "MUSCLE" campaign they did last year.

Some Anime just doesn't work here. Its just the difference in the times as well as the very different cultures we possess (Japan + Americas) or lack there of...

Some Zodiac toys can still be found on pegs for clearance at $2.49 a pop and $4.89 for deluxe figures. And yes... I've never seen those two you mentioned in the 8' scale... mostly they are kikis (Phoenix)

I guess so.... but still, look where it ended up.

Not all anime will find success here ashores. They should have done more research!

KotZ didn't get much time on TV before it was pulled, so I think they should have had more patience with it.

Cartoon Network has gotten into a bad habit of not having much faith in animes lately, and any that does air either gets the worst possible time slot or gets only a short run on TV before being pulled.

Yeah thats it... not enough patience.

Plus, the voice acting really screwed it royally.

The fact is that Cartoon Network holds all the cards when it comes to a lot of Anime right now. The bad thigs is CN would rather try it's own crappy American-Anime that just doesn't work (and the keep trying to push it on us), but it's cheaper for them to create their own and get all the money than to share with whatever company did create it.

Speaking of these, I picked up 4 (missing Andromedia) of the regular 5' Bandai line that were on clearance at Walmart for $2.92 CDN a pop :)

I think it is hard for any cartoon to make it big if it is aired once a week. I strongly believe that the Monday-Thursday adult swim is better for this anime. Look at what it did for Family Guy, it brought it back from the dead. Family Guy is now getting about 30 new episodes. I know Saint Seiya has over a hundred episodes, Why not use the adult swim and show them all in their uncut versions? It won't be as successfull as planned but at least I am sure it can do much, much better since it is better than DBZ(in my opinion).

Nice score Skipperbecks.

Thanks bud

Now I need to find myself a cheap Andromeda :)

• 2 weeks later...

well KOTZ was a joke and dic totally destroy the series @grumpy@ it censored everything and the blod was grey to bad for you guys, well at least you can get the OVAS subbed and you soon get to see the movie tenkai hen overture (overture to the heaven chapter) which was just released in japan on DVD last month. i think this was the best think becase saint seiya is not meant to seen the way they were showing it,just like yugioh this is the best anime series of all times.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I was wondering to buy a Phoenix edition, I think he's very cool, maybe too big :unsure: but it's ok for me :P what do you think about Ikki version ?

By the way I was looking pictures and look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5930920992&rd=1

BANDAI SAINT SEIYA 8 inches figure DX LEO AIORIA @bounce@

I didnt have any idea about a Leo version. :huh:

What about an American version???

Also there are 8 inches version of Black Pegasus and Black Dragon.

dx_peg2.jpg

dx_dra1.jpg

I dont speak english well, sorry. :unsure:

these figures are awesome. I got all of them except for the ones that haven't come out yet.

I hope they will do all or most of them, especially from the Poseidon series.

I wish I could buy two or three of each but too bad I am not rich.