When Did Wild Bill Go Bald?

Dragonrider1227

I have the Mission Disc Wild Bill and I was looking at a picture of the original 80s Wild Bill. The 80s one has hair but the new one doesn't. WHen did Wild Bill go bald? #WTF#

Evidently he shaved his head for some time, because the VVV wave 3 Version has hair again...

I thought they made him blad to resemble Steve Austin?

That is who he always reminded me of. I'm glad that they decided to give him his hair back with the VvV figure but now he has a full beard. What's up, doesn't anybody just have a mustache any more?

I thought they made him blad to resemble Steve Austin?

That is who he always reminded me of. I'm glad that they decided to give him his hair back with the VvV figure but now he has a full beard. What's up, doesn't anybody just have a mustache any more?

Mindbender has a mustache and Bazooka.

I think the Steve Austin look got passed to Gung-Ho.

They probaly gave him the shaved head and goatee because they were trying to tap into the "flavor of the month" niche like they did with Ninja Force and neon.

Of course Stone Cold has fallen out of favor considerably since the wife beating revelation.

The new Wild Bill is a considerable improvement, though he STILL doesnt really look like Wild Bill. With a dfferent hat he'd work better as Cross-Country.

that so doesn't look like wild bill to me, the other would if he jujst had hair. but eh, i can live without the hair, and say he is getting old and rather than have a receding hairline he just shaves it all lol

Thats a cop-out. GI Joe doesnt operate by real-time. They dont get old. Wild-Bills had a fullhead of hair when we last saw him in 2000. Are we to believe his hairline receeded so much in just two or three years he needs to shave it off? Sorry. Im not buying it.

There is no logic behind Wild Bills shaved head and goatee whatsoever. The change was simply made for its own sake and they didnt think anyone would care. These are the same people who came up with Sound Attack, do you think they give one whit about the credability behind their changes.

What's up, doesn't anybody just have a mustache any more?

I guess mustaches were more of an 80s thing. I wish theyd expand their facial variety. Mustaches, Van Dykes, soul patches. Hell, lets get a ZZ Top style beard or something. Something with a little style. Goatees are so bland and uninspired now. I cant even SNEEZE around here without getting some Scotish mucus on some yutz trying to look like a pop country musician. A huge black cowboy hat and a goatee will NOT make you as cool as Tim McGraw, Captain Originality.

What they need to do is give Wild Bill his mustache back the way he had it with the original sculpt.

The whole point of it was his being an Air Cav. man as far as I could tell. It's a throwback to Vietnam--they wore the big calvary hat and the handlebar mustache.

I always thought Wild Bill real life counterpart was Sam Elliot.

What they need to do is give Wild Bill his mustache back the way he had it with the original sculpt.

The whole point of it was his being an Air Cav. man as far as I could tell. It's a throwback to Vietnam--they wore the big calvary hat and the handlebar mustache.

I always thought Wild Bill real life counterpart was Sam Elliot.

SAM ELLOIT WOULD SO PLAY THE PART OF WILD BILL IN A LIVE ACTION MOVIE!!!!!!!!

HES PERFECT FOR THE PART!!!!!!

DOC

ya know i had a full head of hair in the 80's as well and today........gettin alittle thin in the back! it happens!

but i'll tell ya i agree with Doc they need to put more originallity into it mix it up a bit! not just in the facial hair but the hair hair! i wanna see joes with the receding hair line, maybe a few gettin a bit thin, maybe some with just the fringe on the sides and bald in the middle how about some fabio long hairs, and my favorite dudes who look like they just woke up hair all crazy lookin! and of course THE FRO!

TM

I dont like my VvV wild bill, he doesn't look like him, so I threw on Jinx bandana and now he's my new Willie Nelson figure visiting the joes :)

just be careful, if you do this, you will most likely stretch out the bandana and it wont fit over jinx again :(

I dont like my VvV wild bill, he doesn't look like him, so I threw on Jinx bandana and now he's my new Willie Nelson figure visiting the joes :)

just be careful, if you do this, you will most likely stretch out the bandana and it wont fit over jinx again :(

I just did this i think its awsome! but ten minutes after i made him Duke stopped paying his taxes and has the munchies all the time????

TM

I was just thinking that I have never seen a bald cowboy.

Actually, you'd be surprised. I work in building material sales, and a large number of my customers are true-blue rodeo-ridin' farm ownin' cowboys. More than half of them shave their heads skin-bald and have goatees. One in particular has a skin-bald head and a long, braided goatee.

ya know i had a full head of hair in the 80's as well and today........gettin alittle thin in the back! it happens!

but i'll tell ya i agree with Doc they need to put more originallity into it mix it up a bit! not just in the facial hair but the hair hair! i wanna see joes with the receding hair line, maybe a few gettin a bit thin, maybe some with just the fringe on the sides and bald in the middle how about some fabio long hairs, and my favorite dudes who look like they just woke up hair all crazy lookin! and of course THE FRO!

TM

Weren't people complaining about Hi-Tech's and Link's hairdos?

TM

Weren't people complaining about Hi-Tech's and Link's hairdos?

no, i think people were complaining because those figures were/are going to be complete crap! now if high techs hair was like his pic then it would of been cool! but NOOoooooo! ;)

TM