Favorite Frontman Of All Time

ItalianStallion15382

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Weiland, probably. I've been into his voice since the early days of STP, through his solo endeavor, to STP again and now Velvet Revolver.

Prince would have to be up there too, given that I grew up with his music and the various incarnations of the NPG.

Phil Anselmo, even though he turned into a major butthole, he was awesome though.

Steven Tyler

You know, I was THIS CLOSE to meeting him the other day. For some reason, unlike most celebrities (who live in L.A.), he lives about a town over from me. He came to a carnival called the Marshfield Fair. I'm an intern at a local radio station, and I was sitting at our booth at the fair. There's this kid who works at the station, maybe about 19 or 20 years old. At one point he looked at some guy then stared at me, mouth open wide. I asked him what it was, and he was like, "Is that...?" I looked past him and saw Steven Tyler, wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. He was about 25 feet away, looking for his kids. He went to go find them, and two female deejays tracked him down. I was supposed to follow, but I scrambled to find a portable radio in the station van. But it was too late, they were already gone. They came back later and one of the deejays said she felt like a jerk that I couldn't make it. They said he was really nice and didn't seem to mind being bothered in his private life.

And it really was him too. The funny thing is, almost all the members of Aerosmith live right on the South Shore of Massachusetts, in Marshfield or Norwell or something. Don't ask me why. I guess they're just real down to Earth like that. It's kinda cool, actually the South Shore is well known for it.

So he lives in LA? Or he lives in MA? I didn't understand from what you wrote there where he lives.

Sorry about that, man. I was trying to explain the whole story, and somehow it came out completely weird. Steven Tyler and many other members of Aerosmith live in towns right near me, on the South Shore of MA. Actually, I was in an acting class with Joe Perry's son once. Tyler also owns a restaurant in the area called Mount Blue. I've heard he stops in there from time to time.

It's pretty cool having superstars live nearby. Especially considering this area is relatively unknown. It's not like I live in L.A. and see celebrities everyday (McFly). @smilepunch@

• 4 weeks later...

Damon Alburn (Blur)

Chris Martin (Coldplay)

Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)

Thom Yorke (Radiohead)

Julian Casablanca (The Strokes)

Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)

Wow... I can't pick just one... :(

Chuck Billy (TestAmenT)

Halford (the almighty Judas Priest)

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)

Tom Araya (Slayer)