Inside The Worlds Of Sw Trilogy Book..

Rama Sha

Well I just got this book, which is great I might add and a steal for $14 bucks over at Amazon.com, and I have looked over it several times now and still haven't taken everything in. Im a big fan of the Incredible Cross sections books and this one doesn't dissappoint. But after looked at it a few times, some things have kinda jumped out at me.....seemed outta place. And I thought they might be clues to some possible changes that Lucas plans to make to the OT come 2007 (or maybe even next month, since it's still not confirmed what is and isn't changed on the DVDs) and maybe some things for Ep3. I'll post the few I've spotted and let you guys see what you think....

The first one and prehaps the biggest one is the fact that Tosche Station is in this book. Now you might be saying "So....We know all about Tosche Station, big deal" but to have something like this drawn out and inculded in this book when other stuff (Namely the absence of the Endor Bunker, which I was very sad NOT to see in this book) was not seems a bit strange. So I thought....well maybe Lucas is intending to put this scene back into the movie which would make it's apperance here make much more sense.

The next one is Ben Kenobi's house. As far as I can remember Ben Kenobi's place has been a one level small hut, but here it is outlined as haveing a basement under it with much more stuff. Althought this isn't huge, it might be something we will see in Ep3. Or it could just be to make it more intreisting. Either way it's a cool add on.

The next one of note is on Hoth. On the battle Map before the fold out of Echo base there is a drawning of a Walker lander. Now in other Cross Section books a rather unremarkable simple Barge was listed as the way an At-At got from Shipshide to the planet surface. (Most noteabley in first Corss Sections book.) but here the Lander looks very different. Instead of the simple barge there is complex Dropship that can take four At-At walkers down at a time and reminds me in shape of the Trade Federation Droid Transports we saw in TPM. Could this be something that Lucas is gonna add for the Battle of Hoth Down the road? Or is it just something the Artist added to take up a vacant corner?

Yoda's House is the next area that things seem a bit odd. In most of his house there are refrences to several things being made outta "Starship parts" Most noteably among these is Deck plateing being used for Foundation of the house, An oil cooler as door mat, A Nightlight made outta a artifcal Gravity compensator, and the front door which it says here is a nozzel system from a Republic Era Spacecraft.

Could all these be parts of the ship that brought Yoda to Dagobah. Did it crash....is it the darkside cave? Again....these notes seem outta place and I don't remember there being mention of them before this book.

On the Cloud City page there seems to be a new type of one man speeder that uses a gas filled ballon to scout about Bespin for rich Tibanna veins. It doesn't really look like anything we saw in Cloud City before. Could be something that is getting added in to make the air around Cloud City seem more active. Could just be a cool thing someone came up with and slipped in here.

Also of note here is the fact that Alderaian Decor is mentioned here, referanceing the all white room that Han and Leia stay in on Cloud City.

Next there is the Death Star 2. The first thing that is kinda werid is that the Emperor's bedroom looks more like a Science lab then it does a bedroom, and he sleeps in a Chamber that moniters his vitals. Don't know if it means anything, but it's rather odd.

And the last one( at least the last one I've noted) there is a statue in Palpatine's office that is said to be a gift from Longtime ally and friend Moff Panaka. This is of note cause of the Captain Panaka in Ep1, and also the fact that he seemed to be "replaced" in ep2. Could Panaka have been working for Palpatine and his bid for Power...makeing sure the Queen was where Palpatine wanted her? And it was never established HOW Maul traced the signal to Tattooine. Just an Easter Egg....or a Clue?

Anyways, that's all I saw. And Even if I am just seeing things and reading more into it then is there.....it's still a great book and you guys should pick it up. I've gone thru it 3 times and found something new each time.

I don't know.....Pre-Production stuff would have been from way back in the 70s and 80s and a lot of that stuff has been eposed over the years. Plus the Moff Panaka thing could not have been pre production, cause it was from Ep1 which wasn't made till 16 years later

Very cool Rama Sha!! Very interesting indeed. Now could you describe the book itself a little more to me? I might like to have it. (That is of course unless I already have it and just haven't read it thoroughly...) (lol)

I always enjoy star wars books but I never take what they say at face value. Take the bantam star wars books for example, alot of the stuff in those books are wrong now beacuse of the prequels.

Very cool.. I will be hitting up my local bookstore this weekend. I have always enjoyed the cross-section books wether they are the Star Wars series or the books based on actual structures this publisher always does a great job.

Find anymore Easter Eggs yet? There are always a few in these books..

Very cool Rama Sha!! Very interesting indeed. Now could you describe the book itself a little more to me? I might like to have it. (That is of course unless I already have it and just haven't read it thoroughly...) (lol)

Well you can see the Front cover in BR's link.

As for the book it's self, it's just like the Incredible Cross Section books from a few years back, but deals with locals instead of Ships. In this book you get to see:

• A Map of the Tattoine Desert, with Cross Section of Luke's Landseeder and a T-16 Skyhopper
  • A Cross Section of the Lars Homestead
  • A Cross Section of Tosche Station
  • A Cross Section of The Cantina
  • A Cross Section of the First Death Star( more localized though)
  • A Cross Section of the Rebel Base on Yavin 4
  • A Map of the Battle of Hoth, with a Cross Section of the Walker Lander
  • A Fold out Cross Section of Echo Base
  • A Map of Dagobah
  • A Cross Section of Yoda's House
  • A Page about Cloud City
  • A Cross Section of the Cloud City Weather Vain, that housed the Carbonite Frezzeing Chamber as well as the place where most of Luke and Vader's duel took place.
  • A Map of Endor
  • Cross Section of Ewok village
  • Page about the Death Star 2
  • Cross Section of The Emperor's throne room.

Awesome.. thanks for the reviews.. I can't wait to pick this book up.  How are the illustrations? Are they up to par with the books previously released?

Oh yeah....the look exactly the same as the previous books. The one thing that does bug me is the book is silver instead of black and it stands out against the other Cross Section books.

A few more Easter Eggs...

In the Map of Mos Eisley there are few ships in docking bays.

-The Star Tours spaceship

-The Sith Inflitrator

-The Shuttle from Alien

Also there is suppose to be a small docking bay in the Cantina, which is kinda cool.

in the Yavin 4 Temple, there is an A-wing Prototype, and a bomber called a "H-60 Tempest" which looks like a forrunner of the B-wing.

In Echo Base, the room where the Wampas where kept is listed.

There is a room off the Rancor Pit that has the "DragonSlayer" Dragon inside. (For those that don't know, there is a pic of a Rancor fighting this Dragon. A lot of people thought it was something cut from the film, but it was just something they set up in SFX house for the fun.)

A Box inside Yoda's house has his Lightsaber inside of it.

On the Cloud City page there seems to be a new type of one man speeder that uses a gas filled ballon to scout about Bespin for rich Tibanna veins. It doesn't really look like anything we saw in Cloud City before. Could be something that is getting added in to make the air around Cloud City seem more active. Could just be a cool thing someone came up with and slipped in here.

These sound like the things from some of the Rogue Squadron video games.