How Hasbro Should Milk The New Infantry Mold

Forcehunter

I thought Hasbro stated that they lost the new head mold already and that`s why the can`t make anymore (something about it being left in a closed down factory)?They can still use the heads from the 3 packs though but they aren`t as good.

I still dont see how hasbro can just "lose" a mold. especially a fairly recent one. :rolleyes:

-saboteur

It's not like the Tooling is just laying over in Hasbro's office and they lost it under a desk. You have to realize the tooling is stored in a factory on the otherside of the planet not run by hasbro. It's a Factory that has tons of other tooling besides hasbro's stuff to deal with and things can and sometimes do get jumbled around, and lost. Theres just tons of stuff that can and does go wrong at the factory end of things, communication proplems, storage problems, etc. etc.

On the Cobra Trooper, no Crimson. I don't get why eveeerrrryyyything needs a crimson guard repaint. To me the Crimson Guard are an Elite force, and only the few elite people get the crimson color scheme, to set them apart from the rest of cobra's legions. If you just start repainting everybody with CG colors it isn't very elite or special anymore is it? Yeah it'd probably look cool, but it just doesn't make sense to me making a grunt in elite colors.

I really really want a Grey one like the old stinger driver very badly. I think that would be awesome, and I'd also like a black one, with red straps and brown boots.

On the Cobra Trooper, no Crimson. I don't get why eveeerrrryyyything needs a crimson guard repaint. To me the Crimson Guard are an Elite force, and only the few elite people get the crimson color scheme, to set them apart from the rest of cobra's legions. If you just start repainting everybody with CG colors it isn't very elite or special anymore is it? Yeah it'd probably look cool, but it just doesn't make sense to me making a grunt in elite colors.

I 100% agree with that.

I thought Hasbro stated that they lost the new head mold already and that`s why the can`t make anymore (something about it being left in a closed down factory)?They can still use the heads from the 3 packs though but they aren`t as good.

I still dont see how hasbro can just "lose" a mold. especially a fairly recent one. :rolleyes:

-saboteur

Its called incompetence, it seems to spread everywhere. It would suck if they really were that stupid to leave a piece in abandoned factory then God help us with re-releases of popular "new" RAH molds.

Why not arctic? Infantry have to be able to fight in any enviroment and that includes snow. as for the Vipers being painted that way, bring it on. Maybe they shold do operation packs with both Vipers and Infantry, show how the two infantry units work. Its a better idea than including a Night Creeper in an Urban pack.

There's a six pack that would sell well on the internet. They can make em a Hasbro direct item, order as many as you want in one shot. Stick a Cobra soldier to every item that comes out for the next year so. I guess no one wants to see them done in Neon Viper yellow.

That may be bait, but I'll take it...

A ninja in Urban warfare is out of place There is mostly gunfire, grenades, and urban assault vehicles. What puirpose does a ninja serve? Stealth perhaps, but that is taken out of the equation when you make yourself known with Scrappy's and FF's handiwork. I could think of two better figures to be put into the set: Night Viper, andFastblast Viper.

A Night Creeper would have been better used in the Ninja pack or a stealth themed mission.

A ninja in a city makes more sense than a figure sculpted for nothing resembling arctic warfare to be released as an arctic trooper or desert trooper. Or Crimson, for that matter.

Other than a gray repaint or python patrol, there's not much else Hasbro can do with these to help them sell that good again, other than release the set again in another couple of years.

True, when it comes to urban warfare, Ninjas arent generally to be expected.

Which would probably be EXACTLY what they WANT you to think so while you're busy trying to deal with obscene amounts of firepower, you might not be expecting someone sneaking up behind you with the garrotte wire.

And Nightcreepers are pretty much mercenaries in natire buisness wise. And Cobra is probably the most unconventional criminal organization in mlitary history. Now that theyre grafting DNA to their soldiers a Ninja in an urban warfare campaign seems remarkably straightlaced and conservative.

As for the Trooper mold they could release apack with it sporting a silver emblem. Maybe some additional trip and Barrel-Rolls glider in light blue with dark blue camo patches as an homage to the old Viper Glider. Perhaps as part of a Deluxe 2-pack with the Undercover Grunt in tan outfit with helmet and the same glider in tan as the Falcon Glider mkII.

The mold could also be used as a "Red Shadow", the faceless enemy of Action Force should Hasbro decide to release more characters from their European counterparts like they did with Action Man

e-redshadow.jpg

Or they could make Hunter, The driver of the Action Force version of the Wolverine.

hunter.jpg

Hey, if both were made well Id certainly buy them

A ninja in Urban warfare is out of place There is mostly gunfire, grenades, and urban assault vehicles. What puirpose does a ninja serve? Stealth perhaps, but that is taken out of the equation when you make yourself known with Scrappy's and FF's handiwork. I could think of two better figures to be put into the set: Night Viper, andFastblast Viper.

A Night Creeper would have been better used in the Ninja pack or a stealth themed mission.

The NCs are modern ninjas, not the treehoppers of days old. Their skills and usage are vast. They could always send in NCs first to neutralize guards or handle recon, whatever. You can send in the heavier guns later. I'm sure there are still advantages in the use of silent weapons even after the element of surprise is no longer on your side.

Sure, they could've picked other troops for this set [like every other set], but like all other environments, there are a multitude specialities that could be useful. Had the NCs been armed with guns in this pack, they'd be even more effective. And considering that at least two of their appearances in the Marvel run had them operating in an urban environment [with swords and guns] shows their effectiveness in said environment [when not facing the Joe ninjas, as they are unstoppable].

So while the toys weren't armed for urban combat, the character is.

I'd like them to keep pumping out the regular blue trooper pack, but swap out scarface for a stinger driver.

True, when it comes to urban warfare, Ninjas arent generally to be expected.

Which would probably be EXACTLY what they WANT you to think so while you're busy trying to deal with obscene amounts of firepower, you might not be expecting someone sneaking up behind you with the garrotte wire.

And Nightcreepers are pretty much mercenaries in natire buisness wise. And Cobra is probably the most unconventional criminal organization in mlitary history. Now that theyre grafting DNA to their soldiers a Ninja in an urban warfare campaign seems remarkably straightlaced and conservative.

As for the Trooper mold they could release apack with it sporting a silver emblem. Maybe some additional trip and Barrel-Rolls glider in light blue with dark blue camo patches as an homage to the old Viper Glider. Perhaps as part of a Deluxe 2-pack with the Undercover Grunt in tan outfit with helmet and the same glider in tan as the Falcon Glider mkII.

The mold could also be used as a "Red Shadow", the faceless enemy of Action Force should Hasbro decide to release more characters from their European counterparts like they did with Action Man

e-redshadow.jpg

Or they could make Hunter, The driver of the Action Force version of the Wolverine.

hunter.jpg

Hey, if both were made well Id certainly buy them

Nice touch ups there Doc.

Anyways, about the NCs in the comic, I didn't know as I didn't read it too much. I'll go back and take a look. I think with a little custom work, I can make use out of that NC anyways.

Back on topic, If they still have the Stinger/Rattler 4WD, they should put a COBRA in there.