How Hasbro Should Milk The New Infantry Mold

Forcehunter

Okay, Hasbro has officially stated there are no more Indantry packs shipping out to TRU, they do however recognize the popularity of the mold and plan to continue using it.

I see a huge potential for this. i could see a bonus Python Set with these guys in Python colors. Plus, an arctic strike force paint-app anyone? I would really love to see them do a Dessert Set with the Infantry mold myself.

What sets would you like or what could you see Hasbro using the mold for?

This is of course if TRU is able to weather the current storm.

uh .. Crimson .. for obvious reasons. I also like the Python Patrol idea. Arctic would be alrigth, but they're not really dressed for inclimate weather. Desert would rock. Guess I'm kinda partial to the desert stuff too. Of course if they do it like they're doing the Joe desert set, then no thanks. I can't stand those color aps.

Probably because there aren't many females in Cobra. Maybe they don't allow them. You figure our Army doesn't allow females in the infantry, maybe Cobra's somewhat the same. Also, you can count almost all the female characters in Cobra on one hand. Females just don't seem to fit.

but, that's a whole different political argument

Probably because there aren't many females in Cobra. Maybe they don't allow them. You figure our Army doesn't allow females in the infantry, maybe Cobra's somewhat the same. Also, you can count almost all the female characters in Cobra on one hand. Females just don't seem to fit.

but, that's a whole different political argument

There were female Cobras in the cartoon, so they would fit in just fine.

Maybe Hasbro is just being cheap with not wanting to re-tool a mold into a female.

I love this mold to death, and while i want to see well done repaints, Id hate to see some sloppy second rate paint apps and ideas thrown together watering down my favorite mold. Id love to see the following made with the same quallity as the original 6 pack.

1) Stinger Driver- grey Uniform

2) More Blue troopers with new arms, Chest, or head (maybe Asian)

3) Crimson Uniform

4) Black Uniform

Id buy these for sure but I could live without them.

5) Artic

6) Desert

If they are going to do environment themes they need to use the Viper mold not the cobra soldier.... Viper mold for Arctic would be sweet....

I agree, Red ones would be cool...

I see a huge potential for this. i could see a bonus Python Set with these guys in Python colors. Plus, an arctic strike force paint-app anyone? I would really love to see them do a Dessert Set with the Infantry mold myself.

Hehe, you just named about both themes I'm not that big a fan of: desert and arctic. An all white uniformed soldier with black and brown details might look OK. I wouldn't mind a PP2-style Trooper.

I'd much rather have something like the Grey Stinger driver [with the subsequence reissue of the Stinger ;)], or in all black. Not really a fan of Crimson, but I guess that's OK too.

But, above all else, the really... REALLY need to arm these guys better. I doubt I'd get more than 1 if I have to spend any extra cash rearming these guys. That M-16 the comic packs are coming with is OK, as is any of the good version of the AK.

And on a sidenote, I think Hasbro's decision to not produce anymore Infantry sets is dumb as hell. I don't see what the problem is when there is demand. Unless of course the demand isn't sufficient, and they don't want only half the production getting sold.

'Cause I gotta tell ya, if they repackaged it with better weapons, I'd be inclined to pick up a another set or two.

Why would they NOT keep releasing them as is, in all their glorious ORIGINAL color scheme, but yet...MAYBE in another color scheme or slight variant?

A Cobra officer and soldier is not a Cobra officer or soldier in anything BUT these classic colors.

Does Hasbro think everyone has had their fill on these? I would think if you're in business to make money, you keep producing what is selling the most. I know a set like Tiger Force or the Anti-Venom set will have it's "limited" run due to obvious reasons, but an army building set as cool and profitable as the Cobra Infantry set...? :huh:

What's the rationale for refusing to make anymore like is, but maybe POSSIBLY if we feel like it, in another paint variation or something? :rolleyes:

That was Viper abuse and I hated it.

I would be seriously depressed if offered a Cobra soldier like this...

f755a6c5.jpg

When told I couldn't just get the original at retail anymore. I don't ALWAYS need the rainbow coalition of Cobra troops, to merely add diversity to my legions. <_<

That was Viper abuse and I hated it.

I would be seriously depressed if offered a Cobra soldier like this...

f755a6c5.jpg

When told I couldn't just get the original at retail anymore. I don't ALWAYS need the rainbow coalition of Cobra troops, to merely add diversity to my legions. <_<

I love that digi-repaint!

I am not kidding, I think it looks great, imagine six of those standing behind the most recent Mindbender?

Yummy!

I thought Hasbro stated that they lost the new head mold already and that`s why the can`t make anymore (something about it being left in a closed down factory)?They can still use the heads from the 3 packs though but they aren`t as good.

I still dont see how hasbro can just "lose" a mold. especially a fairly recent one. :rolleyes:

-saboteur

I hear ya!I never got any of the Infantry 6 pack as it never came to my TRU. I`ll be damned if I have to pay scalper fees on ebay for em. @grumpy@

I agree though if they recovered the head mold it would be very irresponsible for a company not to sell a product that sold out everywhere almost immediately.Heck,those babies probably helped TRU`s bottom line so if they rereissued them it would be great for everyone!

I thought Hasbro stated that they lost the new head mold already and that`s why the can`t make anymore (something about it being left in a closed down factory)?They can still use the heads from the 3 packs though but they aren`t as good.

I still dont see how hasbro can just "lose" a mold. especially a fairly recent one. :rolleyes:

-saboteur

I don't understand how the issue of a "lost HEAD mold" prevents them from merely making...another one? <_<

I mean if it's just the head mold, c'mon man!

All I know is that while the Vipers are cool they suck compared to the Soldiers. You Viper loves have gotten a bajillion repaints now give us Soldier lovers a chance to have them coming with every other vehicle and two-pack.

Also, the Steel brigade website had a prototype for the Infantry 6-pack trooper on their site once which featured a removable helmet. If they have lost the newer version of the trooper mold, why not use this one rather than the original?

Any who, I think a feminine repaint of the new-Head mold on the RAH Baroness body would make a pretty good feme fatale infantry for Cobra.

i did it a while back........................ALTHOUGH IT LOOKS BUTCH IN SOME PEOPLES OPIIONS I LIKE IT..................

SCROLL TO THE TOP OF THIS

LOOK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS KINDA COOL.

DOC