Who Didn't Deserve To Die

Crimson Twins

I was looking at one of the old threads that listed the comics where certain Joes and Cobras died. I got to looking at the list and (not being a reader of the comic) realized a lot of my old favorites had bit the dust. I was just wondering if anyone else out there had a favorite bite the bullet that you thought was unjust.

Me personally, I liked Darklon. I didn't even know he had croaked. It hurt me so to find out. I think he had tons of potential, that never got tapped into. I also really liked the figure for some reason. @hmmm@

#US1#

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Darklon.  I didn't even know he had croaked.  It hurt me so to find out.  I think he had tons of potential, that never got tapped into.

MAINFRAME WAS IN YOUR UNIT, DARKLON NEVER GOT TAPPED...

Geez, Mike @sad@

Alot of characters I feel didn't deserve to die. Almost everyone in the Cobra island frieghter, with exception of Raptor and Fred (As they were the true conspirators against CC) I would have liked to see Voltar, Croc Master, and Dr Mindbender survive (Until he came back as a CLONE @rolleye@ )

I also felt bad knowing all those loyal Cobra soldiers who fought in the Civil War ended up dying anyway because Cobra Commander had to make an example of a few people. 'Poor guys.

Crazy Legs shouldn't have died. He was pretty cool - like the time the Dreadnoks and the Joes had to work together in Sierra Gordo. Thrasher broke his arm, and it had to be set, but he wouldn't stop fighting Wild Bill (playing the role of medic) so Crazy legs knocked him out with the butt of his rifle.

Plus, he had that kick ass padded uniform.

Tom

None of them, really (deserved to die). They were all basically second stringers who never really go the limelight. I'm sure for awhile it was shocking that they killed off some characters, but in the recent comics, it was like "oh, some Joes died? Oh well, (yawn)." I kinda felt the same with the Marvel run. If those guys that died had greater pull in the stories and/or they killed off major characters (Stalker, for example) it would have had a greater impact, IMO.

I think they just wanted to "shock" people by getting rid of useless characters.

I, personally, can't wait for the death of Duke. That would be a great storyline. Who would take his place? How would it affect the moral of the team? Especially now, with Hawk out of commission, it would be so great.

Forgive me, I've always been a Coba sympathizer.

All the Battle Force 2000 guys except DeeJay, he sucked. But figures like Blocker, Blaster, and Avalanche were pretty cool.

Issue #81 - Comic 6-pack - Blocker, Blaster, Avalanche, Maverick, Knockdown, and Dodger.

And they should do reissues of the vehicles: the Sky Sweeper, Eliminator and Vector. Hell, do'em all, I like the Marauder too.

Croc Master, Darklon, Crazy Legs, Breaker and especially Doc and Quick Kick. Those two upset me the most as they are two of my favs. And Crazy Legs was a fav of mine s a kid and still is. I need to get a figure of him again. I keep forgetting about him. Thanks for reminding me about him Tom!

Draven

I forgot about Quick Kick. How could they kill him off? I still remember the cartoon where he first showed up. They were in the artic or something. I just remember snow everywhere. And then here comes this barechested, barefoot dude trying to fight Storm Shadow. I guess anyone that crazy deserved to die. @firedevil@

Forgive me, I've always been a Coba sympathizer.

I know alot of people don't like the idea (Because it plays into the idea of agreeing with terrorism) but I personally agree with Cobra Commander. Politicians have effectively removed the voice of the people, and answer only to their party and wallets.

They bear down on people and tell them how to work, live, and think... as if they know what it's like to drive their own car, or parent their own kids, or work for their own living. Regardless of party, they've perverted what America was, and made it something uncomofrtably different.

However, Cobra Commander is really just a big liar who wants to be Dictator of Earth, so I wouldn't follow him across the street @lol@

Tom

Cobra Commander has gotten to you, too Tom? Thing is, he's probably the biggest and best politician ever. He could convince the people of anything he wanted to. Sometimes he would be so suave. I liked the way he tried to take over that town in the comic you were so nice to post for us. He had me ready to sign up. Especially after he kicked that dog! @loll@

Exactly the "Future Fortress" was pretty cool.

@loll@

Oh . . . . you were serious <snicker>. While I liked the vehicles for BF2K, personally, I thought the fortress was crap. It didn't even snap together. You just kinda laid all the part around each other. . . not exactly impenetrable.

WoW!............I guess people forgot about Chuckles already. Chuckles was one of my favorite characters ever since my first viewing of the movie. The story arc w/ Chuckles in Frontlines was awesome and definitely put him on the spot-light. All it takes is a couple of issues to make second string characters stand out.

Exactly the "Future Fortress" was pretty cool.

@loll@

Oh . . . . you were serious <snicker>. While I liked the vehicles for BF2K, personally, I thought the fortress was crap. It didn't even snap together. You just kinda laid all the part around each other. . . not exactly impenetrable.

@loll@

Okay, it was KINDA cool. I think it was novel idea. I bet if they redid it, they could probably do a better job. Battle Force 2000 BTR?

WoW!............I guess people forgot about Chuckles already. Chuckles was one of my favorite characters ever since my first viewing of the movie. The story arc w/ Chuckles in Frontlines was awesome and definitely put him on the spot-light. All it takes is a couple of issues to make second string characters stand out.

Did Chuckles die?

good point, they really built him up in frontline as a character and then boom dead, i wish chuckles was still kickin.

WoW!............I guess people forgot about Chuckles already.  Chuckles was one of my favorite characters ever since my first viewing of the movie.  The story arc w/ Chuckles in Frontlines was awesome and definitely put him on the spot-light.  All it takes is a couple of issues to make second string characters stand out.

good point, they really built him up in frontline as a character and then boom dead, i wish chuckles was still kickin.

Well, I guess THAT answers my question.

Flash, Breaker, Doc and Mainframe are the ones that bother me the most, especially Flash and Mainframe because they were done in the crappy new title.

Doc is the big one gor me! come on he was the joe's main man!! stupid that they killed him off one of my very favorite figures as a kid too, i thrashed that fig playin with it so much! maybe a comic three pack version will come out?

another one for me is the soft master a wise old man he was, i would of loved to see more of him!

TM

Doc. Sure he had some fighting skills, but he was stil moreso a medic than anything esle.

Fighting skills? He was a pacifist. Which was kinda funny since the figure had a molded on gun on the leg.

Don't you mean Lifeline?

Tom