How Long Left?

duh_prez

It'll last until the makers get lazy/start producing subpar stuff/the toy companies stop supporting the line.

Hasbro is more likely IMHO to stop supporting the line than Takara. If Hasbro ditches TFs before Takara I guess only the hardcore guys who import stuff will stay on.

I'm not convinced this will ever die anytime soon. Beast wars started in 1996, and we've had stuff coming in since then. At worst, things will die down to the level of Beast Wars and just be quiet and lower profile again.

The question nobody wants to answer - the last few years have seen a G1 inspired Tf boom - but how long till it all ends????

Till they bring back beast wars. :D

NOoooo the must not! @firedevil@

Well with the the movie slated to come out of 06' I don't see TFs dying down any till a year our two after if that. If the movie does well enough I would look for sequal and another good 4 years of good TF getting. Hopefully TFs will always keep going through thin and thick.

I agree, you probably wont see a slow down for a while, at least until after the movie is out, and probably not for a couple years after its been out. They have Cybertron coming out after Energon then the movie then probably some movie related show...so at least through 2007-8 were assured TFs

nice sig Mr Sci fi btw found those Elites thanks for the help though

I'm not convinced this will ever die anytime soon. Beast wars started in 1996, and we've had stuff coming in since then. At worst, things will die down to the level of Beast Wars and just be quiet and lower profile again.

If you really want to get specific, Transformers have been on the shelves since 1992/93 with the start of G2.

I don't see TFs ever truly going away, not like the post G1 years anyway. I foresee some solid sales for the brand through the line following the film and possibly after, say until 2008 at least. Depending on sales, I wouldn't be suprised to see an eventual return to beast mode TFs.

And before you all get pissy with me, just remember something. G2 was all but dead in 95, had Beast Wars not been released, it is HIGHLY possible that the Transformers brand could have ended there (At the time, Takara was more interested in their Brave series). It was Beast Wars success that helped revitalize the brand.

I won't mind it if they stopped with Cybertron/Alternators...

My house isn't made of infinate space, and I'd like to look for some old G1 guys to help finish my collection... I really need Scorpinok :S

I've noticed this year has really slowed down compared to the last couple years, design wise, and distribution wise.

How so?? We currently have 5 distinct lines running: Energon, Alternators, Universe, G1 reissues, Robot Masters and a 6th and 7th if you count Binaltech and the Takara reissues as unique entities. TFs have never been more prolific. Assuming they all continue through next year (with Cybertron replacing Energon), we'll have even more in 2006 when the movie toys start coming out! @peace@

It's a good question. One example I will give is that Hasbro knows when they need something that will be popular to add to the market.

The best example I can think of right now is that I was worried that Energon would soon die, until the Gestalts and Shockblast appeared.

Ha ha Ha, it will never end. our great great great great grandchildren will be like look this robot transforms into a tape recorder, a tape recorder whats that? its what our ancestors used to hear there own voice, wow how primitive. What about that one. Oh that robot transforms into a walter p38. Whats that? a primitive weapon used by our violent ancestors. And that one? Oh that robot transforms into a Corvette. Wow they had corvettes back then? yea but they coudnt fly!

Ah, but Hasbro doesn't like to make a profit since their actions of not releasing TF's in the UK and Europe show that and their poor stocks in US shops also show that. I hope TF lasts for another 20 years, would love to get my future kids, if I ever get to be a parent, into them or at least to show them off.

Tony.