Transformers.com Update Aug. 19th

Mike

Meh. Treadshot's vehicle mode reminds me a lot of the deluxe Beast Machines Jetstorm, and his robot mode is a bit boring. Still, he ultimately looks good, but not as cool as the others. Visor is a nice touch, however.

Sky Shadow looks excellent. If his vehicle mode's design wasn't new, then I would say it would suck. However, it is, and I have to say it rocks! His robot mode is literally, perfect. His head seems to also have a visor of some sort (with guns!), so that there is a neat gimmick. His arms are what make him great. He has weapons/guns for his lower arms(a la Armada Thrust), but he actually has HANDS that could hold something (unlike Armada Thrust). Love the new Energon color too. The wings look great in that position, and his colors are superb.

Eh, Storm Jet looks OK. His vehicle mode design and colors look a lot like Wing Saber, and it's fairly obvious he was based of RiD Storm Jet (another BM Jetstorm...-_-). The design, though, reminds me a lot of MW Starscream. Nothing special in vehicle mode. Robot mode seems decent at best. One thing that is cool is that inside his chest is Superion Maximus's head (which looks excellent IMO).

Well Grimlock and Swoop are the same, so no comment here.

Galvatron...Umm...I dunno. The color scheme is a spittin' image of G1 Galvatron (though the Energon can be a bit more orange). One thing that I can already say is that the detailing looks better than his counterpart. Not to mention the tank, it's superior to it's counterpart. The Decepticon insignia is also painted...Sweet! Now the only question remains is what color will Galvatron's sword be...? :o

His head seems to also have a visor of some sort (with guns!), so that there is a neat gimmick.

I can't tell from the vehicle picture, but while this vehicle is true to the early A-10 tankbuster jet it is based on, it has elements of the GI Joe Rattlerin there.

No A-10 has a gunner's canopy, but the Rattler does (It also lack the double jet turbines of the real thing) so Sky Shadow's visor should be able to spin about, mimicing machine guns.

Tom