Payton Won't Play For Celtics

Knytewatch

What the Lakers did was dirty.

When it came time for Payton to decide whether to return to the Lakers with his current salary even though Shaq, Phil, and Karl wouldn't be back (the reason for coming over); he still chose the Lakers. Then the Lakers go ahead and deal him away for their own "best interests". Seems kinda wrong to me. He coulda tested the market and easily gotten a better deal at a place that he wanted to go, that wanted him.

It's not like he's my favorite player or anything, but if I were in his shoes, I would be pissed. Nevermind this "it's all a part of the business" stuff.

Payton speaks out

Hey...never feel sorry for a person that makes $5 million to play a kid'd sport..I dont think the Lakers did anything wrong to him, these people know (unless it is in his contract) that they are property of whatever team....

I Know if the roles where reverse and instead of complaining that he got traded to a team that he doesn't want to play for....Just say he was demanding that he wanted out of LA...for whatever reason, then everyone will be calling him a piece of stuff.

He is threating to retire...big deal. Look what he wants, he wants to go to MInnesota Timberwolves...thats what he is piss about.... and he upset that he is not going to a contender....screw Payton... @grumpy@

Hey...never feel sorry for a person that makes $5 million to play a kid'd sport..I dont think the Lakers did anything wrong to him, these people know (unless it is in his contract) that they are property of whatever team....

I Know if the roles where reverse and instead of complaining that he got traded to a team that he doesn't want to play for....Just say he was demanding that he wanted out of LA...for whatever reason, then everyone will be calling him a piece of stuff.

He is threating to retire...big deal. Look what he wants, he wants to go to MInnesota Timberwolves...thats what he is piss about.... and he upset that he is not going to a contender....screw Payton... @grumpy@

Agreed. These guys get payed millions. So what if a team trades you up, or "screws you over". You still have a job playing in the NBA.

And for those that would argue that "it's about winning", take a look at the men's Olympic team. They act like they don't even want to be there.

I wouldn't say all of the team acts like they don't want to be there! Look at what Iverson had to do to get there. That guy really wanted to be there. Others do too. Don't let jerks like Jefferson make you think they all don't want to be there.

Ivy and Duncon both seem to show up, its most of the other guys that haven't produced yet.

Draven