Opinions On The E-hobby Exclusives

TheCasualOblivion

Anyone else collect these. I started late with the Anime Astrotrain repaint, and got bitten by the bug there. I just love em. I've got six now, having Astrotrain, Sunstorm, Hauler, Gold Jazz, Anime Bluestreak, and Crosscut(Silver Skids).

I started out just wanting the Anime colored ones(Astrotrain and Bluestreak) but I liked the idea of having something a little more exclusive than my other stuff. I then decided I wanted Sunstorm and Hauler due to their history as G1 cartoon errors/irregularities. During this time I picked up Crosscut(silver Skids) in an auction lot along with Sunstorm and basically decided I liked the series enough that I wanted the whole set.

I'm probably going to try to pick up the Chrome Bluestreak, Sideswipe/Red Alert repaints Clampdown and Deep Cover, Red Tracks "Road Rage", Go-Bot mini bot repaints, and Maybe Megaplex(megatron clone). Also plan on picking up the new ones as they come out, as I like the repaints of Hound and the Insecticons.

Anybody else like/collect these?

I have alot of the ehobby repaints, to me there something like new G1 figures and well anyone that knows me knows that I can't say no to unique looking figures, plus alot of them are diaclone repaints which is something that I try to collect when I find them cheap enough. Only have Snarl and Smokescreen in Diaclone form, did win what I thought was a Slag, but it was the Diaclone knockoff. Had fun getting my cash back from the seller on that one.

I dont really have anything against those exclusives from Ehobby, its just that its still hard, for me, to keep in the track with the regular reissues, Energon and the other toylines I collect. I mean im not rich. And they are making me poor.

I'm just starting so far I'm down for a all chrome streak, hound , & insecticons :) I wish I had some of the older ones though like sunstorm... & goldjazz too gota get him to keep chromestreak company :)

I'm just starting so far I'm down for a all chrome streak, hound , & insecticons :) I wish I had some of the older ones though like sunstorm... & goldjazz too gota get him to keep chromestreak company :)

Don't over pay for the Gold Jazz he's rather disappointing. Just feels cheaply made, think the orginal Takara Reissue Jazz (the newer ones are like the Hasbros so they don't sag in the middle of alt mode) with a fragile gold paint job. Probably the worst of all the ehobby figures.

I've picked up a few e-hobby figures, but unfortunately I never got the Sunstorm and Hauler set. Because I only want Sunstorm, i've been waiting to pick him up for a good price. Here's hoping my friend can pick him up at the anime convention in a couple weeks.

Opinions on ones I have:

Anime Astrotrain- Colors are a little off. This figure is where my Astrotrain saga started though, leading up to Astrotrain being my personal mascot. Really like it though.

Sunstorm- Figure is really striking. Really bright. Like how the figure is a version of some animation errors in the original cartoon.

Crosscut- Has a different head than Skids, which is interesting. Also has this little cart thingy that baffles me. I like it though.

Anime Bluestreak- Love this guy. Looks great especially in robot mode.

Gold Jazz- Very underwhelming. I opened mine, and found that I had to mess up the paint job just to transform the figure, since it was stuck in many many places. It does seem somewhat tighter than my Takara Jazz, about as tight as I remember my Hasbro Jazz being before I sold it. There are some marks in each of the places it was stuck. Also of note is that the missle launcher barely stays on at all. The funniest thing was how the figure came with stickers. Is there any way anybody would put stickers on this thing??

Hauler- I don't mind Hauler so much. It does have some history in the G1 cartoon, pulling Hound out of a ravine without ever transforming. Next to the original, its definitely the more attractive of the two. Grapple was just plain ugly. Not a whole lot to improve upon, but an improvement nonetheless.

i think e-hobby stuff is great. personally, i only pick the ones that are anime colored repaints or are new characters. i think anime bluestreak is my favorite, with sunstorm being a close second. i have gold jazz, but i only got him because he came with the anime bluestreak and i got a good deal on both. gold jazz will be going up on ebay soon. i would really like to see e-hobby do another sunstorm in gold. that would really be pretty smooth and it would more closely resemble the comic. but anyway, that's my two cents on the subject.

thecamyth

Only one I'm really interested in is Road Rage. And maybe Sunstorm since he seems to have made quite a name for himself as the 4th original seeker (conheads excluded)

ehobby stuff tears me up. I want to open the stuff so bad but they look so sweet in the box. Its one of those things where ehobby stuff is valuable and adds a cool look to your collection cause its sealed, but I wnat to open figures like Sunstorm and Ghost Starscream.

@loll@ @loll@ I'm not so much into these Ehobby repaints. However, I only get the one that was based on the cartoon i.g. anime Astrotrain, anime Bluestreak, and Diaclone Magnus (base on Japanese TFTM Promotion). Those are the only 3 I have, the rest I passed on them.

@loll@ @loll@ I'm not so much into these Ehobby repaints. However, I only get the one that was based on the cartoon i.g. anime Astrotrain, anime Bluestreak, and Diaclone Magnus (base on Japanese TFTM Promotion). Those are the only 3 I have, the rest I passed on them.

Why'd you pass on Ghost Screamer, I would have thought that he would have met this criteria rather easily.

@loll@  @loll@ I'm not so much into these Ehobby repaints.  However, I only get the one that was based on the cartoon i.g. anime Astrotrain, anime Bluestreak, and Diaclone Magnus (base on Japanese TFTM Promotion).  Those are the only 3 I have, the rest I passed on them.

Why'd you pass on Ghost Screamer, I would have thought that he would have met this criteria rather easily.

@loll@ @loll@ ehehe, you are correct regarding Ghost Starscream criteria. And so are the gold Jazz from the Golden Lagoon.

I didn't purchase Ghost Starscream because 1, I am extremely in need of space. And 2, I got 3 seekers with the same mold.

But yeah, if I got the space, Ghost Starscream is definitely in my wishlist. I'm still debating to get Shining/ Yellow Magnus. That glowing yellow on Magnus effect only happened in the Marvel TFTM comic. So until I got the space the regular and Diaclone/Movie Magnus will do.