Energon Collecting Habits

TheCasualOblivion

How does everyone here collect energon?

1. Completist

2. Uber-Completist with Superlink stuff

3. Skipping the recolors

4. Picking and choosing

5. Other

Me I fall under #4. I plan on buying at least one of every mold. Some of them I plan on buying every version, the armada repaints I'm largely skipping entirely.

Decepticons

Battle Ravage-getting Command Ravage only

Cruellock-getting Superlink Magma-Type Dinobot only

Cyclonus(armada redeco)-Probably pick this up

Demolisher-Getting the original, probably would skip a repaint

Demolisher(armada redeco)-probably get this

Divebomb-getting them all, including the superlink blue one if neccesary

Insecticon-getting them all, including the superlink forest-type

Megatron-getting them all, repaints and smaller versions all.

Mirage-Have the original, really like and plan to get the repaint

Rapid Run-Skipping entirely

Scorponok-Waiting to see if there is a repaint, because I only want one.

Sharkticon-Will get them all if there is more than one

Slugslinger-Ditto

Shockblast-Not sure, Definitely getting the original, verdict is still out on repaint.

Snow Cat-Getting the orignal, probably would skip the repaint.

Tidal Wave-Skipping Entirely

Unicron-Skipping entirely

Alpha Quintesson-No clue, up in the air

Autobots

Arcee-Have the original, would get a repaint if one happens

Bulkhead-I'll get them all without blinking

Cliffjumper-Planning on getting the Beachcomber redeco only

Downshift-Will be getting the original and any recolors

Grimlock + Swoop- Will get them all if they make recolors

Hot Shot- Getting the repaint only, though considering the Superlink one as well

Inferno- Getting both, love the Inferno/Grapple nostalgia

Ironhide- Getting the repaint only

Jetfire- Ditto

Landmine- Getting both

Omega Supreme- Probably waiting for the repaint. Will buy the original if I ever see it on sale for $30 or less.

Optimus Prime- Buying eventually (putting off)

Prowl- getting the superior exclusive repaint only

Rodimus- Getting both

Signal Flare- Getting Ofshoot only

Skyblast- Have already, will get a recolor if there is one.

Strongarm- Getting the repaint only

Tow Line- Getting the original, will buy any Red or Ambulance recolors.

Ultra Magnus- Skipping

Wing Saber- Will buy recolors if they happen, as well as the originals.

Buying all the gestalts in all forms as well.

I collect all lines with the " 4. Picking and choosing" Option :)

Its really the best way, I don't care about repaints either since if one comes out that I like more than the other I just return the other to the store since I'm an MISBER anyways.. Most of the time I just wait to see the repaint pictures anyways before I buy one...

#5 for me. I just want the characters in the first couple episodes, the main characters pretty much.

Autobots - Prime, hotshot, inferno, ironhide, jetfire, kicker, perceptor, strong arm, skyblast

Decepticons - cyclonus, demolisher, megatron, tidalwave

other - alpha-q, scorponok, battle ravage, divebomb

I already have jetfire and perceptor.

I'm definitely #4. If I really like a repaint, then I'll buy it. Sometimes I'll skip the original and go for the repaint (I'm still waiting on Omega Sentinel). Either way, I don't like having two of the same mold unless the paint apps make a huge difference.

If I need a fix, usually this happens when I dont' get to spend time with my girl the longer period of time away from her the more money that I spend on my hobby (and its not cause I have more money when I'm not with her either) I'm definately a 4 on this list, I don't have to have them all, but if I like a mold and its colors I'll pick it up and if I just want something to mess around with I'll grab something that I'm on the fence with. Which is why I got a Energon Megs and I regret it.

Well the only Energon I own is Iron hide, Arcee, Jet Storm???, Ravage, and man I'm getting bad on names... the Green and white bird dude. Oh yeah, and Scorponock.

The rest I've passed on, and the only other two I want is The Galvatron Repaint and Shockblast. If Omega was in a Orange and Grey scale I would have bought him. Anyway I'm a picker and a choser when it comes to Energon.

The only complete Collections I Buy is Alternators and G1 Reissues.

CD, I thought you only collected G1 now :huh:

I changed my mind after I sold them all :P only having 5 transformers sucks @smilepunch@

haha I knew that would not last :) Why? Cause you are weak lil sissy of a man @loll@ + theres just too much cool stuff out there thats hard to resist! CD may I make a suggestion for you? Along with only the ones you had as a kid loose... Get a set of the same ones mosc & misb as well :)

That would look cool having a set of each

Pick and choose.

So far I have Energon Ultra Magnus and Starscream, and Superlink Laserwave (Shockblast) is on his way. I plan to get:

Rodimus;

Galvatron (haven't decided whether Hasbro or Takara yet);

Maybe Prime and Wing Saber if I see them on sale ever;

Maybe Sixshot;

Maybe Downshift;

Any G1 seeker repaints of the Starscream mould

That's it so far.

I changed my mind after I sold them all :P only having 5 transformers sucks @smilepunch@

haha I knew that would not last :) Why? Cause you are weak lil sissy of a man @loll@ + theres just too much cool stuff out there thats hard to resist! CD may I make a suggestion for you? Along with only the ones you had as a kid loose... Get a set of the same ones mosc & misb as well :)

nanh, i cant afford to be doing stuff like that

nanh, i cant afford to be doing stuff like that

Suree ya could if you would just stop buying alll this random stuff that peeks you're interst for an entire 3 weeks & then you sell it for less @loll@