Megatron Or Galvatron?

Cobra_Saboteur

Hi, back to the boards. Just wanted to post another interesting topic. When it comes to the "Transformer Universe" and "Transformers: The Movie". Do you like Megatron before or after his metamorphasis into Galvatron? Also, what do you think about the other Decepticons that were changed into: Cyclonus, Scurge, and the sweeps. In essence, I'm asking: "Was Megatron a better leader and a better character before or after his transformation. And finally who's the coolest character: Megatron or Galvatron? Cobra_Saboteur.

Megatron was a better leader.

Galvatron was a better character.

What? Am I insane, you ask? No.

Megatron was your typical villian of the 1980s. He had alot of plans, built alot of devices, and had goals of conquering something.

Galvatron, after his falling out with (of) Unicron, was the best Decepticon EVER.

He rationalized - in his whacked out mind - that if he couldn't have Cybertron, he'd just blow it the f**k up. Almost every one of his plans involved destroying Cybertron... he was so fed up with the whole thing, he just wanted it gone.

Another funny thing was that he'd just bash his soldiers. He'd punch them for just standing around, or shoot them if they followed his orders to the letter. He was crazy!

His constant shifts between clarity and madness were another interesting part of his personality. Sometimes he'd actually plan and carry out a mission quite well, then he'd screw it all up by flipping out.

Finally, let us never forget "Webworld". One of the only instances in an 80s cartoon where the villian was sent to a psychiatrist for evaluation! @haha@ And what did Galvatron do? HE DESTROYS THE PLANET.

I love Galvatron @luv@ I wish the cartoon lasted for another thousand years with him in charge. He was a terrible leader and doomed the Decepticons to failure... but he was so much fun to watch.

Tom

I prefer Megatron, simply because I'm a fan of the 1984/85 series... (just before Galvatron, Kup, Cyclonus, Wheelie, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus and others came on)

Hi, thanks for making this such a great topic. What about some of the other characters (decepticons)-- from "Transformers: the Movie"-- before they're transformation? How about Cyclonus, Scourge, or the Sweeps? Also, what about Rodimus Prime? Honestly, I liked Megatron before he was transformered. How could you not like the original Megatron...the one that started it all?

I liked Megatron more, since Galvy killed Screamer...More fun to see him yell at Screamer than kill him.

"You're an idiot, Starscream!"

Not to mention the way he fragged Ironhide! "Such heroic nonsense..." *BLAM!*

Well design wise I like Galvatron better in robot mode than megs though in alternate mode I would go with Megatron. Character wise, Galvatron as he was in the movie, as for between Galvatron after the movie vs megatron I would go with Megatron.

Hi. Thanks for making this an interesting topic. As far as preferences to Megatrons personality and design...gotta love the old Megatron. Why? He was the original Megatron and I'm really a fan of the original 84/85 series. However, as far as preferences concerning power and even ruthlessness. Unicron, perhaps the most powerful being in the universe, gave Megatron a new and more enhanced body. So as far as power Galvatron definitely had more power. And being granted more power from the transformer gods, he became even more and more ruthless, in Transformers: the movie. If you look at one scene in the movie, he completely atomizes Starscream for his treachery. I guess there are a lot of different factors to consider when judging or deciding which Megatron you like. But what about the other characters that were transformered, or given new bodies?

Question: "Is there really a difference between Megatron & Galvatron?" Essentially, Megatron & Galvatron are one in the same. So as far as personality I really don't there is difference. However, when Unicron enhanced megatron's body, by remaking & reborning him, Megatron became Galvatron. I think this is what really changed his personality. So the question is: "Is there really a difference?" Yes? No? Let's hear it? Also, what about some of the other characters that were reborn?