Tru Reissues Ending?

sf170089

Check out this link

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest...08.asp?GT1=4529

Toys R Us may be going out of business? I can't imagine they will push to make new products, such as Reissue G1 TFs. Man, I was really hoping they would finish off the rest of the seekers. I find it woefully ironic that the only 2 original G1 seekers that I don't have are Ramjet and Thrust......

The last TF they have on their website is Ricochet to be released October 1st.

edit: yea, you're probably right about Hasbro finding someone else to sell them. Also, thanks for typos....I guess I either had Scourge and his Sweeps on the mind, or had my subconscious telling me that my apartment is a mess and I need to clean.

If they aren't released in a TRU I believe that Hasbro would find a new outlet for them. In fact it might even be a good thing since a different place would probably sell them closer to the orginally planned price then TRU.

And its seekers, not sweepers. :)

If they aren't released in a TRU I believe that Hasbro would find a new outlet for them. In fact it might even be a good thing since a different place would probably sell them closer to the orginally planned price then TRU.

And its seekers, not sweepers. :)

Wosrt case scenario: Wal-Mart gets every exclusive that was once TRU, only to add insult on top of destroying TRU's stay in the toy industry.

best-case scenario: nothing happens to TRU. I hope for the best case scenario.

bah who cares about TRUS anyways :| I'm probly only saying this cause I don't have one near me but when ever I do go in I never see any thing good...

I'm hoping for Walmart or a online retailer. Actually if I was hasbro I think I'd cut out the middle man and set up something online to sell them directly to the collectors.

Well not that its a bad idea, but Hasbro TRIED something like that years ago with some Japanese imports like Shadow Panther and LioConvoy and it folded under fairly qick.

I'm hoping for Walmart or a online retailer.  Actually if I was hasbro I think I'd cut out the middle man and set up something online to sell them directly to the collectors.

Well not that its a bad idea, but Hasbro TRIED something like that years ago with some Japanese imports like Shadow Panther and LioConvoy and it folded under fairly qick.

True but thats Shadow Panter and Lio Convoy, I think having G1 reissues would be successful if they tried to market them that way. Seriously though there really aren't to many places that could get a G1 reissue exclusive. Target and Walmart, possibly K-Mart or KB. I would sooner give them to BBTS then any of the four, I only like Walmart because I have one close by even if they rarely stock anything new.

wait a minute! if walmart gets g1 reissues then it would be USA only?

Yes,

You Canucks would finally be equal to us: no re-issues in stores! muahahaha! forced to buy overpriced ones off of ebay! double Muahahahaha! lol just kidding ofcourse :)

Remember that this is all just speculation mate, nothing's even sure about TRU going toes-up, let alone which (if any) chain gets the exclusives.

In the words of the ever-wise Janet Jackson: 'Let's wait a while' and find out :)

Cheers,

HN.

wait a minute! if walmart gets g1 reissues then it would be USA only?

Hm...

You make a good point since they would indeed be "excluisve" to wallmart... How ever I can't see them doing that for a product of this size... They would have to be big freakn idiots to do that & loose out on all the $$

One toy as an exluisve I can understand but not an entire line!

Remember, these other retalers would already be stocking the reissues if they wanted to. The reason they don't is because of the high volume in which they have to order them. Hence only the biggest toy shop (Toys R Us) picked them up

Remember, these other retalers would already be stocking the reissues if they wanted to. The reason they don't is because of the high volume in which they have to order them. Hence only the biggest toy shop (Toys R Us) picked them up

No the only reason is because TRU saw how popular G1 was, and bought up the whole line making it exclusive to them. There are way more Walmarts, K-marts, Targets etc, that could have bought them because there are more of those stores around than TRU. When a company such as Hasbro solicits there new merchandise to a retailer, a retailer can order any amount they choose. I'm sure there is a minimum but it wouldn't play that well into this. Anywyas, if a retailer likes the line a lot, they can choose to buy the entire stock, which would make it an exclusive to that particular store. This is not the case every time, but from what I have read this is what happened in TRU's case. #US1#

i dont mind paying tru if they get the items first.

I payed 75 Canadian for Omega Slurpee

but I really don't want to pay their highway robbery prices for their reissues though

loved their sales :D

No the only reason is because TRU saw how popular G1 was, and bought up the whole line making it exclusive to them. There are way more Walmarts, K-marts, Targets etc, that could have bought them because there are more of those stores around than TRU. When a company such as Hasbro solicits there new merchandise to a retailer, a retailer can order any amount they choose. I'm sure there is a minimum but it wouldn't play that well into this. Anywyas, if a retailer likes the line a lot, they can choose to buy the entire stock, which would make it an exclusive to that particular store. This is not the case every time, but from what I have read this is what happened in TRU's case. #US1#

Walmarts, K-marts, Targets are only available in US. So far TRU is the only toy store which has expanded even to Asia. I can't see how Hasbro is going to be able to get thier reissues out of US now. There will be a huge loss in the sales of G1 reissues. Besides, Hasbro's G1 are not even doing very well in US either, would they even consider halting the line?

I think its doing poorly mainly because of TRU, you place them in stores that won't mark up the price ten to fifteen dollars over the SRP and I believe that sales would jump. They're poor because at the levels that they tried to sell them at they were to close to those of superior Takara product.

Exactly Silverbolt. I think that if another store sold them, then the prices would be lower. Also since TRU would not have them exclusively, then other chain stores would be able to sell them, both here and overseas.

But who's to say they wont end up exclusive to another store? And from what I heard it was Hasbro who made TRU sell at those prices? (please correct me if I've got that totally arse about face) @smilepunch@