New Zartan & Comic 3-Pack #3 Reviewed

ssdsus

What is up with the new Zartan?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is up with the new Zartan?

• He's got a job delivering pizza
    • He's entered himself into the Tour de France
    • He's finally made it to Broadway, hazzah!
    • He's the new center for the Toronto Maple Leafs
    • He's now "batting for the other team" ;)

YO YO YO

IS YOU STUPID OR SUMPTHIN? TALKIN AT ZARTAN LIKE HE A PUNK

THATS THUG LYF ZARTAN! NIGGA! @grumpy@

WITH HIS LIL CAP LIKE A JIMMY HAT AN AY THANG, BUSTIN CAP IN JOE'S CHAPS KNOWM SAYIN??

THUG LYF!

Tom

am i the only one that actually like the JvC version of Zartan? why did they have to come out with this, as Tom put it 'thug life' version of him? Zartan without a hood? blasphemy! all those bright colors? he won't stand out at all. next thing you know, they're going to have a wild bill without his trademark sun glasses. @hmmm@

Ok, I juts read the paragraph of the Zartan review...this has to be the best review I've EVER read!!!

You have not idea how right you are Louis

Now I'm off to finish reading that review

Maybe if you painted the shirt black with brown chest, & grey belt and gave it the original JvC head with brown hood it wouldnt look so bad.

The fact he came with a less than spectacular Joe, bland gear and "Grudge match" filecards didnt help either.

Include his Spy Troops masks or original mask with backpack. Repaint the hair on the Duke and Flints Masks and give them new aliases like Lt Falcon and Capt Grid-Iron for instance. Give Faces CGC mask blonde hair could be used as Hawk. Best of all nothing NEW has to be created. A little more forethought into equipping him would help the figures play value immensely. Even a v1 Baroness backpack would go a long way into helping him look like a Cobra.

And God knows that head needs to be obscured. I could live with the jersey but that head simply has to go.

Man I'm looking to see some one get fired over at hasbro.

My lord what stupid BEEP,BEEEP, ......BEEP,BEEP, ...BEEEEEP, thought this was a good design for Zartan.

Is it that hard to pick up a devils due gi joe comic and maybe like

FOLLOW THEIR DESIGN......AAAAAAAAHHHHH

I would love to personaly meet the designer of this zartan and say 'what a crappy excuse of an action figure, there was art work for you to follow, but you being the lamest artist in action figure design history, had to do it your way.....but you know what, your way was just horrible'.

I had a hard time with the designers forgoing the shoulder armor that was a zartanian trade mark, now the hood, at least there was a mowhawk phase why not use that again.

I've seen this figure in person and the paint application in it's self was just as bad.

Zartans eyes have always been white...simple easy, and creates mystery. then someone said that he needs black pupils, well now the pupils are black blotches on the new release of tis crappy zartan. maybe it is due to the super small head.

oh by the way

great review guys............just remember zartan is still cool

the designers and writers at hasbro running gi joe are not.

it is sad this was a great line but gi joe as a toy will never have a future like transformers and star wars until Larry Hama and the Devils Due guys can buy out the rights from hasbro and work out a deal with toy biz and hire Edmond -known for customs shown by chazz- as the chief action figure designer.

maybe edmond coud write letters to Hama, Devils Due, and toy biz

and work out something to get this franchized moved.

the resent releases of gi joe sence 2001 proves that hasbro either does not care for the line or just doesn't have time to put work into gi joe.

Look at what hasbro has done with transformers and star wars. what they of done for these lines absolutly amazing.

it is sad that hasbro has not been able to put as much equal devotion to the joe line...

such as life

Look at what hasbro has done with transformers and star wars. what they of done for these lines absolutly amazing.

What I want to know is......Transformers has the Altenators line. Amazing toys, almost perfect. What is the GI Joe equivilant? And the answer is not the comic book packs, those are far from perfect. Are we ever going to get some high quality, realistic, well sculpted Joes ever again? Are the Thunderwing jet and Warhammer humvee the beginning of that, or just 2 exceptions?

I think the Joe line is always going to be hit and miss simply because it seems Hasbro is trying so hard to please both kids and adult collectors.

That said, I can see why they take such creative license with well known Joe figures.

But really, I have yet to see a version of Zartan that strikes me as definitive. I loved the first version, but now that version looks a little underwhelming to me in comparison to other RAH figures. Could be that my figure is so beat up.... :D

All I can really say is that I hope Hasbro makes a comic pack version of Zartan.

In my little fantasy world, Hasbro would make a comic pack version of every major character though.

All I can really say is that I hope Hasbro makes a comic pack version of Zartan.

In my little fantasy world, Hasbro would make a comic pack version of every major character though.

the pack comic versions actually look alright. after seeing the Kwinn figure I was amazed.

So if we hear down the pipe line that zartan is up for a comic three pack you know I have high really high expectations for this figure.

I think the Joe line is always going to be hit and miss simply because it seems Hasbro is trying so hard to please both kids and adult collectors.

You know with a line like gi joe, it is habros best interest to make the figures based on the expectations of it's long time older fans. young kids don't know the differance, if it looks cool they'll beg mom or dad to buy it.

what would happen if hasbro tried to make star wars fit what they think kids want......yeah....that would not go too well with lord lucus.

thank lord lucus's love for his story and his characters, if it wasn't for that star wars would just go down hill. the x-wing fighter would have some lame gimic like a binoculars thru the exhaust.

transformers is well watched by takara. takara shares the transformers with hasbro.

the problem with gi joe is there is no one like george lucus or takara standing over hasbros head making sure that goood quality toys come out.

hasbro is left on it's own to do gi joe which should not be.

what would happen if larry hama was anle to buy out the gi joe license from habro.......we would get gi joes that are as good as star wars and transformers. and why is that........cos like lucus, takara, larry hama has a lot of love for the characters that HE created.

You know with a line like gi joe, it is habros best interest to make the figures based on the expectations of it's long time older fans. young kids don't know the differance, if it looks cool they'll beg mom or dad to buy it.

Valid point there. RAHC seemed to do pretty well, and that all couldnt be attributed SOLELY to collectors. If they quit trying to re-invent the wheel and stick to the metal rivets, decent plastic and proportions coupled with the new sculpting, the line would sell just as well with the target group AND score points with the older collector.

what would happen if hasbro tried to make star wars fit what they think kids want......yeah....that would not go too well with lord lucus.

First off, its Lucas.

Second, Hasbro HAS tried to tailor Star Wars to what they think kids want, (Action features) and it went over BADLY. Theyve even got a pre-school age line about to be re-launched

thank lord lucus's love for his story and his characters, if it wasn't for that star wars would just go down hill. the x-wing fighter would have some lame gimic like a binoculars thru the exhaust.

Lucas is under heavy fire by some fans for just that. Though it seems apparent that there are fans that wont be happy with anything he does.

transformers is well watched by takara. takara shares the transformers with hasbro.

As much as I like a lot of what Takara makes, its not like theyre infallible either. My Battle Convoy only has paint on one half of one kneecap. Transformers is a joint venture and Hasbro seems to have equal say since the majority of them have roughly similar mainstream product lines and their own unique sidelines. (TFU/Robotmasters)

the problem with gi joe is there is no one like george lucus or takara standing over hasbros head making sure that goood quality toys come out.

Many would debate the quality of the current line. I think theres still some decent stuff but very very little I am willing to spare the scratch for (Mostyl due to limited funds)

hasbro is left on it's own to do gi joe which should not be.

Why? Its their product. They own it. But there IS considerable room for improvement. I may not be thrilled with some of the newer stuff but I harbor no illusions as to who owns what

what would happen if larry hama was anle to buy out the gi joe license from habro.......

Hama's a writer, not a buisnessman. As much as I respect his work, GI Joe isnt the sole focus of his existence. He's only there now to get the fans off their backs, and it looks like Hasbro is looking over his shoulder and telling him to dumb things down for the kids, as the cards arent quite as good as before. And dont get me started about the cheesy mini-comics and Spy Troops the movie, which was actually mildly painful to watch. If Hasbro quit breathing down Hamas neck he could probably do a lot better. But its "For the kids" who Hasbro doesnt think has the brains God gave gravel, so I understand the way things are, even if I dont like it.

we would get gi joes that are as good as star wars and transformers. and why is that........cos like lucus, takara, larry hama has a lot of love for the characters that HE created.

Again there are those who will STRONGLY contest you on the quality of Star Wars and TF toys. And as cool as Larry is, I dont think he has the desire to run a whole corporation. Being allowed to write the cards with a bit more intellect and maybe being allowed to write more in-depth stories for the animated specials. Keep him as a consultant and listen to his advice, definately.

And you only need THREE periods for an elipse to get the point across. Overkill, dude...

thank you Doc for the in depth break down of Skullfire's post. i do agree with you on a lot of what you said though Doc. it is obvious that Hasbro is trying to dumb things down for the kids. i understand. you got to make your money. but that brings a question to mind. when joe was in it's hey day back in the 80's, it wasn't dumbed down. sure it was loaded with sci-fi, and a bit of fantasy, but it was selling like crazy. it got a lot of my parent's money. then, when they dumbed things down for the kids, and brought out neon colors, and gimmicks, and shooting rockets on everything, it just went down hill. you think that would have been a learning experience for them. i think if they go with what sold best in the 80's it would have a resurgeance for the line. if anything, the collectors would keep it alive for quite some time just by themselves.

but that brings a question to mind. when joe was in it's hey day back in the 80's, it wasn't dumbed down. sure it was loaded with sci-fi, and a bit of fantasy, but it was selling like crazy. it got a lot of my parent's money. then, when they dumbed things down for the kids, and brought out neon colors, and gimmicks, and shooting rockets on everything, it just went down hill. you think that would have been a learning experience for them. i think if they go with what sold best in the 80's it would have a resurgeance for the line. if anything, the collectors would keep it alive for quite some time just by themselves.

yes my point exactly,

maybe I speak too highly of Lucas; but the love he has for his stories definatly shows in what ever control he has over how hasbro is creating the toys which deffinatly shows.

The beauty of the joint relationship between takara and hasbro is that there is a checks and ballance system. I shouldn't totaly say that takara is all that great. what is great is the combination of the two and it is that joint venture which has created a great transformer line.

Larry Hama being only a consultant is sad. To hear that hasbro asked him to dumb down the file cards is worse.

This is only fantasy but if the guys over at devils due got together with hama to take the over the gi joe verses cobra line.

it is only a hope.